Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
so i was at work today when my pants began to buzz. because i am a sociable fellow, i reached into my pocket to answer that call, despite the specter of work, and authority looming around me like a ghostly haze. I look down to my phone, ready to greet whomever sought to contact me. imagine my bewilderment when i see the number.

it was my number. can a cell phone call itself? is my phone haunted? am I haunted? these thoughts, and others, sped through my neurons as i tried to act normal, lest someone notice my disturbance. i let it ring, and go to voicemail. there was no message left. i never leave any voice messages.

it wasnt over. it happened twice more. myself, my number, calling myself. i had heard of proverbial wake up calls to oneself, but never had i thought to take it literally. thinking to determine the nature of this, i do what i would do, and text myself, but all i received in response was the same thing repeated back, mocking me. that was the end of it so far, as i think im aware that im on to me.

anyway, has anyone else ever received ghostly messages, or alternate presents leaking into the real world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
turn off your phone and unplug the router for five minutes

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Spooky...

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
There is a Paranormal/Conspiracy Forum and it is the best forum because retard king i pooped myself mods don't mod it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Even your cell phone has to resort to loving itself.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Doctor J Off posted:

i had heard of proverbial wake up calls to oneself

This. Something is obviously stewing deep within you. This event was your unconscious self crying out that you must address whatever the issue happens to be. Do you have any recurring dreams? These could be a window into what your subconscious is trying to tell you.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

open container posted:

This. Something is obviously stewing deep within you. This event was your unconscious self crying out that you must address whatever the issue happens to be. Do you have any recurring dreams? These could be a window into what your subconscious is trying to tell you.

be your own true self :angel:

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

open container posted:

be your own true self :angel:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Dear OP,

is it possible you ran over a kid or something and have repressed the memory? Try to question yourself under self-hypnosis and record the session.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
goons so terrible at social interaction they won't even accept calls from themselves

i'm just kidding OP, did you try calling back?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Listen. You have become unstuck in time. So it goes.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
It's you from the future calling. Answer it. You probably have something important to tell you.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

It's you from the future calling. Answer it. You probably have something important to tell you.

had, he's hosed now

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Windows 98 posted:

The calls come no more. I may have missed the chance to save me life. Otoh, I may have also ducked my doppelganger come to kill me and take my place with mustachioed villainy. So it's a wash

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

a few years ago I got a call from a number in moscow that I assumed was putin looking for some tight american boy pussy but i'm not into short dudes so i didn't answer it

thats my weird cell phone story

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
this has also been happening to :siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: the last month or so. she's gotten maybe seven or eight calls from her own number by now and we're still wondering wtf. i'm voting that her phone ghost wants to go back to its home planet of cellutron.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Have you ever heard of a movie called Primer, OP? If you have it'll be a first because they recorded the audio for that film from inside a wool mitten.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
go on whocalledme.com and register it as a spam caller, then get a caller id blocking app for ur phone

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

it's like a rodney dangerfield joke

I got a call from myself the other day. Yeah, I didnt answer. *tugs collar, sweats*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Crash_N_Burn posted:

it's like a rodney dangerfield joke

I got a call from myself the other day. Yeah, I didnt answer. *tugs collar, sweats*

Or Steven Wright

It seems like everyone is screening my calls lately. I tried to call myself last night but it just went straight to voicemail.

• Locked thread