Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Spincut posted:

I miss 4e. :( Is there any game that does 4e but better? I sometimes long for that kind of tactical combat.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I don't think anyone is even making an attempt at a 4e retroclone.
While it's not a 4e retroclone anymore, Strike started out as one. And it definitely does the tactical combat thing. And it's totally 4e-but-better.

And I'll be starting the Kickstarter for it this month, barring a catastrophe. I've got most of a website done and there are just a couple of things left on my to-do list. Just need to keep finding days like today when I can work on it and it'll be up in no time.

Edit for some art (I'm pretty sure I haven't posted this here yet):

This is the cover page Ferrinus drew for me. Draculas fighting Cthulus! Ferrinus draws cool stuff.

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

If you're looking for what is inspiring the D&D designers these days, I think you need to look at videogames in addition to novels. Properties like Diablo, Warcraft, and Fallout have had such a huge influence on the culture of fantasy that they would have to go in a new Appendix N.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

crime fighting hog posted:

I don't feel I should open a new thread without an interest check first: I'm looking for recommendations for my next RPG.

I want to run something modern, kinda like Hunter: The Vigil but the problem is my players hate the d10 storyteller system. I haven't played a huge variety of RPGs myself, mostly D&D, Gurps, nWoD, one session of Vampire the Masquerade, Iron Kingdoms and a few sessions of Dark Heresy, first edition.

We're currently playing D&D 4e, and loving it, but I'm sick of running dungeon/fantasy stuff.
If you're looking for something with 4e-like combat but modern, your choices are:
a) reskin 4e
b) play Strike!

Of course, if tactical combat is not a priority, you have more options.

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 20, 2015

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

Hey chat thread, my Kickstarter is up!

This game owes a lot to you folks in TG and to these chat threads in particular. Thanks to everyone who helped me get this far!

• Locked thread