Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

ProfessorCirno posted:

If you and your friends don't like anime what are you even doing here :smugteddie:

My friends like Ouran Host Club, so I don't know where they fall on this scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Gasperkun posted:

I suppose that's accurate. I've seen some of his own posts in that vein but I haven't noticed it in his articles, however.

"Dude's okay so long as you don't disturb his elitist white boy's club" may be the faintest praise ever issued.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I mean I would imagine if you someone on staff "hey, I'm not going to do FNM anymore or come back here because of Mr. Hands" they would want to help out but again, I've never been in your particular situation so I apologize if this is naive/stupid thinking.

Yeah, I don't play magic any more because I complained about a dude offering to grab my chest during a game and became an immediate social pariah.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

But again FLGS people are usually horrible so they will probably turn on you no matter. I was just trying to think of a way out of it.

The employee at my FLGS was very supportive and asked if I wanted him removed from the tournament. At that point I'm stuck between "let's make a scene and have a dude ejected" and "no no, it isn't that big of an issue, I just wanted you to know." With the first I am a tattler and immediate social pariah, with the second I am downplaying my distress at being verbally abused. I chose the second, because social programming isn't something you get past easily.

The other players saw me talking to the employee, though (I was clearly upset). It all turned in to "well, if you can't take a compliment" and "you shouldn't wear shirts like that" (by which they mean regular women's tees). The other girl who plays there regularly was the worst, actually. The guys were nice enough not to use words like "tramp." I guess what I'm saying is that "trying to think of a way out of it" is failing to recognize that gaming stores are basically elementary school playgrounds. There is no way out except to leave the store.

Whatever. I spend a lot less money on stupid cardboard now. Night Witches just came out and so I can't be sad about gaming at the moment.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Cassa posted:

So who's dropped $1000 on Pathfinder Online so far?

Wait, this is a joke, right?

Somebody tell me this is a joke.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Pathfinder Online has accomplished something no MMO has managed before now: they've made EVE Online combat look visually engaging.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Boss Monster is pretty good, if a level or two below on the complexity level.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

ImpactVector posted:

I'd disagree, unless your definition of "pretty good" includes Munchkin. It's a single deck card game in the same vein (complete with widely varying card power, "gently caress you" cards, and nerd in-jokes) that succeeded on Kickstarter entirely on retro pixel art and the potential of the premise.

It's nothing like Munchkin. Munchkin has virtually nothing to offer once you've read all of the cards. Boss Monster is a surprisingly intricate game that requires some important strategic choices to win. The order of your rooms and effects and how you manage your class icons is almost finicky in its complexity. Players play their own dungeon; there are very few "screw you" cards. Of course your choices are dependent on your card draws; that's true in every card game. There's no need to get patronizing because you don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Were there Kickstarter exclusives? Because any pleb like me can walk into a game store and buy it for a Jackson.

• Locked thread