Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

RIP Gerrard you were one of the worst divers in the league but at least it got you that third goal in Istanbul. Can't wait for you to do a shearer with liverpool in a few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TelekineticBear! posted:

Funny how the wheels are falling off at Chelsea, now that the hype machine has fallen off and their players look like they'll have to work in order to win the league you see the real shortfalls in their squad.

Oscar and Willian and Brazilian footballers in general, have 0 bottle, they arent winners, and its completely telling that whenever Chelsea go behind they're instantly subbed off.

Their bench is pathetically weak really. Ramires and Salah were who they brought on against Spurs, two absolutely garbage footballers.

Matic is massively overrated, he got ghosted past so many times against Spurs I lost count, hes been regarded as the lovechild of Makelele and Davids, but in reality hes a bit of a clogger and most of his "game winning interceptions" are the other team just running into him. He's the kind of player who Neville and Carragher will wank over on Sky and everyone talk about their "breath of fresh air" analysis, when in reality they're just reiterating the same points over and over and not coming up with anything new.
Fabregas is not a fighter and not a winner as I've mentioned before, hes a flat track bully who can do it against the small teams but cannot thrive when hes under pressure. Textbook Arsenal player. He was laughed out of Barcelona despite it being in his DNA and replaced by some floppy haired Croat. Imagine if Chelsea had gone for similar floppy haired Croat called Modric? Then some of the talk might be justified.

Chelsea are so reliant on Hazard its not even funny, the lad is so much better than the rest of the team I almost feel sorry for him. Costa does alright but his injury record is suspect.

Nice meltdown

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

How is lawro so low? He's another loving moron ex Liverpool player that somehow gets 6 figures a year from the public purse to talk absolute poo poo and complain about the fact he has to watch football.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

lol what a thick oval office, how does someone this stupid have a job in the public eye?

He was on university challenge and was crap on questions about the world cup.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Manchester City are paying 100% of Supah Fwank's wages. How is it avoidance of FFP? It's not like they dumped £200mil on Messi.

Feeder club pays the transfer fee and front loads the contract with a big signing on fee so the bill on Man city's books is much smaller

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

ronniegardocki posted:

there was no transfer fee though?

Not publically but fat frank isn't going to sign poo poo if there was isn't money on the table.

The sandpeoples stated aim of owning 5 extra clubs is either because 1) they wish to own a range of clubs in all areas of the globe to promote their mediaeval dictatorship or 2) they're using then as feeder clubs to get around Ffp.

Considering their effectively limitless money if it was 1 they'd have done it shortly after they bought city not now.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The best player in the world wasn't replaced!? :monocle:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

why the gently caress are arsenal tickets so expensive? the villa away allocation sold out and I tried to just pick up tickets on exchange and the cheapest ones on there for the rest of the season are like 89 pounds.

Because they sell out even with those ridiculous prices and i guess the issue with the exchange is the people with season tickets who put them on there rather then give them to a mate are going to be those with the more expensive seats

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Someone get an Advanced Statsman in here, stat

That is really bad. Forster has 10 and fabianski has 8

Mignolet has 6 according to Wikipedia.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

How the heck is Lagos making up enough official shirt sales to be on Chelsea's list?

Africa is nuts about the premier league, you can be in a slum with no electricity and they'll be someone who can roll off every result of their team for the last few seasons and know all the goalscorers. Samsung advertise really heavily and almost all of their ad's feature a chelsea tie in of some kind. If you could include all the fake shirts too there's probably more chelsea shirts sold in cities like lagos then london

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Sports Direct sell City shirts?

Not very many

• Locked thread