Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

I'd be very happy with Steve McClaren at Newcastle

I'm betting Carver gets it to the summer because Mike Ashley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

mods please name me transphobic trickster

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tbp posted:

can we still talk about fat ronaldo.

Fat Ronaldo and that really bad haircut phwoar

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Chedwyn raped because he's a victim of rape :captainpop:

Really makes you think

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

It sounds like he doesn't even have a contract with NYCFC, just his current deal with Man City. 99% of the time I take the side of the player in these "omg how could he do this to the fans?" disputes, but I'm on the fence here.

Yeah Chelsea should've offered him a contract, but I highly doubt he would've signed it. Chelsea would've needed him to take a big pay cut, versus the big raise that City offered.

Based on what exactly? All the news sources and NYCFC say he signed for them and is on loan to Man City.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm not blaming him as much as pointing out that the Chelsea valued Lampard differently than City. City can pay him a lot because he can play for their NYCFC team and sell shirts. Another MLS team would probably offer similar terms. A lot of talk goes before contracts are offered. If Chelsea and Lampard were 100k a week apart on wages (with City paying him like 190k a week this is probably about right), I could see why they wouldn't have offered him a new deal. Though maybe I'm wrong and Chelsea thought Lampard was washed up and useless.

NYCFC and MLS sources are saying no contract exists, everything is directly between Lampard and City. Of course those are just sources.

I mean can we at least agree that a player shouldn't move on a free between Barca/Real, Liverpool/Man Utd, etc even if they are unwanted by their previous club? Chelsea and City not having a real rivalry is why I'm not that torn up over the move.

Post these sources because its all wk4f rubbish

And no, players can move wherever the gently caress they want, there's no "loyalty" in this job. Get over your fat lampard love affair.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Buncha soft shites imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

His contract is actually with City Football Group, which is cool and good because City Football Group Legend Frank Lampard sounds a lot better than City Legend Frank Lampard

Relegate Man City for playing Lampard when he's owned by a third party

also relegate chelsea just because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah the writing was on the walls with how long the process was taking. Here's hoping we get a win against Hull.

• Locked thread