Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's what the lady who was beaten to death last night was doing before going to the UFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v5SNexJSVs

Legit prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's what the lady who was beaten to death last night was doing before going to the UFC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v5SNexJSVs

Hahhahaha

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Dr. Pancakes posted:

Demetrious Johnson is the real goat since there is no chance he is going to lose a fight as champion and he fights regularly.

He's the only one in that weight class that's a fun watch and he completely owns people. Too bad the rest of the entire weight class is such loving garbage

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cuckoo posted:

He's the only one in that weight class that's a fun watch and he completely owns people. Too bad the rest of the entire weight class is such loving garbage

Dodson is really cool. Otherwise, yea.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

Why dont you make a specific point professor

Coleman and BJ lost a lot and Anderson didn't?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

K8.0 posted:

Do you really want to think about what would happen if Nog in his prime tried to fight today's Velasquez or Werdum? Can you imagine what Hendricks or Lawler would do to Matt Hughes face?

Nog beat Werdum and Hughes was champ while Lawler was coming up. They would've beaten them then, and the younger guys would beat them now.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ty1990 posted:

Coleman and BJ lost a lot and Anderson didn't?

Ok so its just about losses. That conversation doesn't interest me. I dont give a poo poo who lost the least times. Dan Henderson has an ugly record that should probably be uglier. Myles Jury was undefeated until last night

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
If Mark Coleman and Jon Jones met in the GP, Mark would wax that fucker from the face of the earth.

Coleman would also be on more drugs than Bane.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

NippleFloss posted:

Dodson is really cool. Otherwise, yea.

Pretty sure they could pit Rousey against a lot of the flyweight men and she'd rip their arms off

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

If Mark Coleman and Jon Jones met in the GP, Mark would wax that fucker from the face of the earth.

Coleman would also be on more drugs than Bane.

you're right. Jones would never take Coleman down and in fact would lose $10,000 :unsmith:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
In this theoretical world does Jon Jones take hella steroids or are those not allowed under his denomination

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

By the way, I do agree that a P4P GOAT discussion is a bit tired at this point, but I was just responding to somebody scoffing a few pages back at Jones being looked at as one of the best fighters ever at this point. MMA fans as a whole crown a fighter way too quickly as one of the best ever, but I was just saying that it may be time to in fact look at Jones in that light.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Saying BJ lost a lot like that tells the story of why he's great or not is missing the point so badly

did you notice the guys he lost to were the two longest reigning champs in welterweight history, machida who was a LHW champ and he was the only guy who ever kinda won a round against him until he fought Shogun, and he was a natural LW who could get as small as FW?? Its almost like theres more to it than a Win or Loss

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Imagine if BJ or Bustamante had tried to protect their legacy instead of just trying to test themselves in a sport without a lot of money in it. They both decided to challenge themselves instead of get a wikipedia page that would impress educated mma fans ten years later

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
There are an infinite amount of universes in the world and not a single one of them has BJ Penn retiring with any shred of dignity

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Agreed. BJ is a all time great for being rich and flighty.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bundt Cake posted:

Nog beat Werdum and Hughes was champ while Lawler was coming up. They would've beaten them then, and the younger guys would beat them now.

lol yeah like the worst example for that argument "Could you imagine how bad Werdum would beat Nog???" lmao

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
If your mom ever sued mixed martial arts for making her son lose you aren't the best.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I know there's a lot of talk about a Cain fight now, but to me it seems the more plausible and interesting fight is Weidman vs Jones, assuming they both keep winning

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

In theory it would be really interesting but I think jones would be too big for him at 205 and whatever he says he's not making 185.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I don't see putting on 20lbs suddenly being a problem for a student of Matt Serra

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What is Cain's injury? When is he gonna kill werdum?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Skip My Posts posted:

Originally his shoulder then I think he hurt his knee training for werdum

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I know there's a lot of talk about a Cain fight now, but to me it seems the more plausible and interesting fight is Weidman vs Jones, assuming they both keep winning

the cool thing is Weidman wants to fight Jones (supposedly wants it to be crowned the King of NY fight), Jones wants to fight Cain, Cain doesn't want to fight anybody.

Skip My Posts posted:

UFC put pressure on Cain to make his return by March but seeing how Anthony Pettis miraculously came out of his fight uninjured and is willing to fight on that spring PPV, I think the pressure is off on Cain for now. They still probably want Cain back for either the April or Memorial Day weekend cards so sorta soon.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Get serious guys, Farmer Burns was the true MMA GOAT

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
what about that pipe that kevin ranlemann hit his head on

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Bundt Cake posted:

So you're just going to continue to refuse to concretely state how you're judging them so you can waffle around as you need to make your ridiculous argument. Got it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

maffew buildings posted:

what about that pipe that kevin ranlemann hit his head on

The Sauna has beat more fighters

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

K8.0 posted:

So you're just going to continue to refuse to concretely state how you're judging them so you can waffle around as you need to make your ridiculous argument. Got it.

you can't concretely state the criteria for an intangible subject

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

K8.0 posted:

Nobody in this argument so far has stated any concrete criteria for GOAT, so how about you actually state some yourself before you harp on bundt about it

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I am going to concretely state that Farmer Burns was the GOAT because he toured the nation's county fairs choking out drunks for pocket change and he trained to have a 20" neck at 165 lbs. Those are my criteria and I defy anybody to improve on them.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Which fighter has the most heart?

its dan hardy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

its dan hardy

steve struve

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I always thought Remco Pardoel was a cool guy. Gigantic dutchman who would obliterate people with Judo, then talk about how he actually sucked. He was a pioneer of modern day MMA-chat.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

its dan hardy

Frankie, mark hunt

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I found that grandslam card way more entertaining than 182. I might need a break from the ufc.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Nick Thompson is the GOAT

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

LobsterMobster posted:

The Sauna has beat more fighters

Lead pipe was way before sauna's time though therefore through transitive wrestling mats is better

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
How can we even talk about Greatest Of All Time we don't even know how good people will get in the future. We should talk about the Greatest Until Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I like Robbie Lawler a lot so I'm going to say he's the greatest of all time

• Locked thread