Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
He had highly trained airborne instructors to look af he's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Zeris posted:

What the gently caress, top? Did we just give up on standards?

Doesn't even have any ammunition. There's some gently caress gently caress games on and he don't give a gently caress.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Steps for having a smooth running weapon.

Step 1. Throw away that worthless loving CLP.
Step 2. Steal the militec-1 that your supply guy has tucked away for his own use, the worthless turd.
Step 3. Use that instead, follow its instructions.
Step 4. Profit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Slim Pickens posted:

Trying to remember what mix guys used. I think it was half ATF and half CLP or some other gun oil(could've been all atf too). Real good to breathe that shoot in when or burns off, I bet.

In the past when I've put through some big round counts through my own gat, I've used non-chlorinated brake cleaner in the past to clean it up, some random gun oil to coat it up, and some Redline ATF on the main friction points like the slide and poo poo. Redline ATF just happened to be handy because that's what my car uses but I figure any old transmission or probably even motor oil would be good.

Nowadays my head can't cop all the noise and percussive force from shooting a bunch so I just use militec which puts a good coat on it and make poo poo easy as can be to clean with a tooth brush and a rag. Seems to be pretty good for the slide as well, probably because I'm not putting through hundreds of rounds at a time though.

This is on my own shooters though, gently caress work weapons, I ain't paying for poo poo. CLP if there's nothing better.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The end result is that an idiot took enough rounds to his face that they are gonna have to use a soup strainer to get enough for dental records.

I, for one, applaud their "lead salad" tactics, and "everyone gets a turn" esprit de corps.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

What in the blue gently caress

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Disband the entire unit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Duke Chin posted:

:stare: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... that's one way to go.

Hydrostatic shock, bitch!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yeah because that's totally obvious from the gif.

You need to watch more episodes of Cops.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Needs more bus exploding suicide boom sticks.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Huh, is that the old commie revolver that you could (theoretically) use a silencer with because the cylinder pushed forward to make a seal with the barrel each shot?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hahahaha, gently caress it, that's still pretty cool.

I've never shot one, but it's the only double action with a loading gate I'd ever seen before.

If you are a bit of gun nerd, you might like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNeAXoZb4VQ

Basically, this isn't going to be a contender in the army and air force's modular handgun system fiasco (if it's even still running), but a proposed upgrade to the existing M9s that we got floating around. They'll even sell the whole units for less than what the army pays now. I think Beretta is banking on the army and air force being a grade a gently caress up (a good bet) and being unable to decide on a new gat. The video shows the new features, like just a decocker and no safety, threaded barrel, and some other bits and pieces.

Hell, I'd buy one.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Don't quote me on this, but apparently the army decided to not even look at it.

edit: http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/01/09/army-rejects-m9a3-proposal-opts-for-new-pistol.html

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

evil_bunnY posted:

How that not going to end up like the rifle program where they always end up going "welp modern poo poo's nice but not enough of an improvement to warrant replacing existing inventory, everyone get bent"

That carbine replacement program was designed to not actually replace anything, and to keep Colt picking up piles of money. I'm a little bit fuzzy on the details but it involves a former general being on the board of directors for Colt, and some terrible fudging of test results.

As for the M9, I like it a lot, which I suppose puts me in the minority. As long as you haven't got those checkmate mags that still seems to be in armories everywhere, they are reliable as gently caress. The biggest thing that they need to change isn't the gun, it's that lovely goddamn ammo that they use. I don't know what it is exactly but it's loving terrible.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I went down the range yesterday because I picked up a FNX-9 for a song and wanted to test it out.

Dude had a CX-4? It was like some future gun but he had a big pile of 92 mags and he just used them. We swapped gats and it was hilarious good fun, kind of like shooting a big .22.

I normally have a fair size Beretta boner, but when that PX-4 came out I was very unimpressed. Felt rickety as poo poo. Then someone showed me their PX-4 subcompact recently and it seemed pretty legit, so maybe they fixed that poo poo.

I'm not quite sure where I was going with this by quite clearly if you hate Berettas then you hate nice things and should be locked up.

I have a 1911 as well and think it's pretty dreamy

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Speaking of cool rotating barrels, I love the idea of this little thing.

quote:

The Neal submachine gun is a .22 LR submachine gun patented under 2,436,175 during World War II. The weapon is unusual as it has 5 rotating barrels. It is fed from a helical magazine inserted in the rear.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Baloogan posted:

lol

gently caress your tables

Oh gently caress that noise. Head space and timing can suck my dick.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Seeing Asahi in a can is just... wrong.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you've got a band on post then it's easier than gently caress for your commander to call up and request them out if they aren't busy.

However, no one could give the slightest gently caress to even make a 2 minute phone call to not make a funeral detail a farcical affair

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Not no more, son.

Casimir Radon posted:

Last time we had a funeral someone insisted on calling in the honor guard from the closest active duty base. They did the whole fake bugle thing which pissed a lot of people off because there's a guy on base who was going to do it with a real bugle. He owns it specifically for that reason.

I think I had a little bit of a stroke reading this. My brain just locked up.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Jaguars! posted:

On Anzac day last year they brought out an old bugle that had been used at Gallipoli and the dude did a practice with us before doing it for the news. I don't know if it's because it's beat up or if the guy didn't have enough breath for the old style instrument but it's a pretty funny sound. We'd had a few by that stage and we were trying not to laugh, it's just so flawed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJ2JHP-HE8
The original bugler engraved it with the places he went in the Gallipoli campaign, which is pretty cool.

Gonna take a bit of a guess here and say that's the old WWI style trench bugle. They used to give them to infantry and cavalry and blah blah blah. But the end result is that the shorter and thicker "pipe" leading into the lightly flared yet still very wide bell give it that odd toyish kind of sound. Some people still prefer them as they are tuned to a much lower pitch, like F or G compared to a typical B-flat, makes them much easier to hit all the high notes. The newer bugles are more like valveless trumpets.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Got this weird mental image of a Hippocratic staff

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

So I guess there is something more irrelevant than airborne.

Woah now you just hang on there a second mister

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
As if marquis of queensbury couldn't get any fruitier, marines manage to blow it out of the water.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mad Dragon posted:

What is the stopping distance of a tank?

As mentioned before, tanks stop loving quick. On the right surface you can stop from 40 mph in about a tank length.

You do that without warning, however, and your entire crew will take turns sodomizing you with a medium size potted plant.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
How's that different from the US army?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
He sure did.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, I was gonna try and say something clever, but there's tiny infantry dick flapping in the breeze and it's been posted across the world.

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm/posts/10153443508758606

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
For reals if you wanna watch a great Brazilian movie Cidade de Deus is loving excellent.

Or if you got some honky version it could be called City of God.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ditching work early, jap sympathizer!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Errrr, there's over 750k vets in Georgia alone, and they can't even put in decent roads, mass transit, or balance a budget, and you expect to get into a clinic of your choice just because you walk in?

Welcome to Georgia?

And Georgia people not being helpful or professional? Why, I never!

not caring here fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 2, 2015

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, if you aren't getting full armor penetration, that could range from "holy gently caress what was that? Screw it, let's roll" to "holy gently caress we're stuck in a steel coffin" and every gradient in between.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm thinking the 82nd takes the gold at the gay olympics by a good long way, with the exception being a motobonertard scout having an 82nd combat patch and every second sentence starting with "when I was in the 82nd". We had 2 of those in my last platoon.

82nd wins because of their constant self referral of "spec ops"

Being a tanker was the poo poo because all this airborne ranger pathfinder sniper patchwork quilt nonsense was so utterly irrelevant. Best thing was steak and eggs breakfast barbecue after last gunnery night table, you can stick your blue cord or patches or whatever up your rear end, that was the best army thing.

Also, Korean tankers gave me a motherfuckin' Korean tanker beret with my name and rank on it in Korean for helping them out, which is the single piece of army poo poo that I have left. Everything else I either gave away to some poor private or threw in the trash because gently caress that army bullshit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Stultus Maximus posted:

IIRC, that's an Australian outlet which puts out 220v so yeah.

bingo

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Baah, who gives a gently caress, it's not like they'll have any ammo anywhere near there.

Although that 2 star looks like he's in the middle of deciding whether he's gonna shoot lasers out his eyes or laugh and walk away.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you get an abrams fire suppression system that is plagued by electrical demons you might as well just throw the prick into the ocean.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
SAWs are great when they work.

I have only ever seen 2 that worked.

Using mags in SAWs is pointless, I saw an M16 with a full auto switch on it once, that would've been a better idea than a SAW with mags.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
However you never want to be near any retard who has a loaded gun at night because he will probably shoot you accidentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that was weird. Maybe dud primer in a round so it got stuck in the chamber? heat makes the round swell, and basically cooks it off.

• Locked thread