Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010
Here in good old England (mainly stupid) people often say 'he turned round and said x' rather than just 'he said x', over and over in the same conversation and it pisses me off no end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

good old England

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

TheEldar posted:

Here in good old England (mainly stupid) people often say 'he turned round and said x' rather than just 'he said x', over and over in the same conversation and it pisses me off no end

u wot m8

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it is what it is, op. to me it's six of one and a half dozen of the other

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

FuhrerHat posted:

good old England

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no one gives a poo poo about england

its been 200 years since it mattered so eat a dick you "nob"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

merry ol dengland
jolly old england

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
All of them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the queens bollocks

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"gently caress me runnin'"

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

"the"

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010

Chinatown posted:

no one gives a poo poo about england

its been 200 years since it mattered so eat a dick you "nob"

If you're a yank (chances are you are), then if it wasn't for us and our neighbouring (gently caress you spellcheck it has a 'u' in) countries you would still be hunting boar with bows and arrows

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010

Daedra posted:

u wot m8

i ain't bein funny but ur bang out of order

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Watch this mate....

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

TheEldar posted:

If you're a yank (chances are you are), then if it wasn't for us and our neighbouring (gently caress you spellcheck it has a 'u' in) countries you would still be hunting boar with bows and arrows
it must suck seeing your little brother totally dominate the world lately

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
"Basically." It's like my every fifth word when I talk and I hate it and I can't stop myself from saying it. :v:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

TheEldar posted:

why does every english person feel the need to rush to the defence of their island shithole? i swear ive seen this happen in gbs a billion times where british person posts something british, someone makes fun of them, and british person retorts with some colonies bullshit. no one cares british people

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

"lol if"

Luckily, I only have to see it when I pop into GBS every few weeks to check if it's still a total shitheap.

e: it still is

Mondian fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 2, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
For all intents and purpose...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheEldar posted:

"if it wasnt for us"

laugh at this human being

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010

ArtIsResistance posted:

why does every english person feel the need to rush to the defence of their island shithole? i swear ive seen this happen in gbs a billion times where british person posts something british, someone makes fun of them, and british person retorts with some colonies bullshit. no one cares british people

we will be the first to admit we have had a fall from grace and now are relatively inconsequential in terms of overall world events, but when people come up first with saying the Brits mean nothing it's pretty fair to say as a country we had a hell of an impact on world history as a whole which affected how many countries across the world developed. I reserve the right to put that across in a wholly patronizing, passive-aggressive manner :britain:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oi, a chav fancied me cell and then nicked it

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

TheEldar posted:

we will be the first to admit we have had a fall from grace and now are relatively inconsequential in terms of overall world events, but when people come up first with saying the Brits mean nothing it's pretty fair to say as a country we had a hell of an impact on world history as a whole which affected how many countries across the world developed. I reserve the right to put that across in a wholly patronizing, passive-aggressive manner :britain:

something about how the queen is still a thing

- posted from my british colony

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
'im gay'

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
LITERALLY (not really literal).

TheEldar
Oct 24, 2010

ArtIsResistance posted:

something about how the queen is still a thing

- posted from my british colony

i hate the monarchy and want the bunch of worthless leeches stripped of their titles and forced to live like normal people

edit: this thread is now about the UNITED KINGDOM

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TheEldar posted:

Lol my mum does this and it's soooooo annoying. Makes for a funny image in my head where everybody is always spinning around. My fat aunt appears to be well good and turning round with snappy replies.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I say sorry when I'm not sorry like, all the time. It's a pretty bad habit.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Tsinava posted:

Sorry

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
"I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!"- Basement people

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

TheEldar posted:

i hate the monarchy and want the bunch of worthless leeches stripped of their titles and forced to live like normal people

edit: this thread is now about the UNITED KINGDOM

real question has there ever been a politician in england who even suggested that idea or would the monarchy just go over him and destroy him, his career, his family, etc.?

Tsinava posted:

same but you kinda have to to keep up appearances in this country

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

real question has there ever been a politician in england who even suggested that idea or would the monarchy just go over him and destroy him, his career, his family, etc.?

same but you kinda have to to keep up appearances in this country

lol it would be poltiical death, the proles love the royal family.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Oi, a chav fancied me cell and then nicked it

mo byle

like more vomit

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

opus111 posted:

lol it would be poltiical death, the proles love the royal family.

judging by all that royal wedding stuff I thought so

o well

on the plus side I no longer am discontented by you british goons :canada::hf::britain:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i dunno it doesnt feel like a big deal. ive not love for the royal family and none of my friends do either but ive never met anybody who is virulently against them irl like you see online sometimes. they:re just kinda there.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

TheEldar posted:

similar but I have to use of the verb "to go" instead of to "speak", also "like"

when used as a combo with "turned around" it amplifies the annoyance of both of them

"so he turns around and goes blah blah blah, so i'm like bloo bloo bloo, then so he's like blah blah blah and I turn and around and i'm like bloo bloo bloo"

so many unnecessary nonsense words

in fact, relaying any previous conversation verbatim is completely pointless most of the time. just summarise the key points made by all parties involved.

chippy fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 2, 2015

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

When people say they "just about did *something*" to mean that they did the something but only just when in reality if you just about do something you almost do something but you don't actually do it.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Poo-pooing on things. Don't say this, it's very silly.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
touch the poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

'the holocaust happened'

• Locked thread