Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Harime Nui posted:

The United Kingdom actually owns because it has literally no constitution or basic organizing charter document at all, literally everything is just *checks 1,000 year old ledgerbook* well now what did we do last time this happened???

"we uhhh declared war on the united provinces"
"top hole, i'll draw up the letters of marque and reprisal"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck = best king

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
wanna see a game of thrones book written 900 years in the future where the Lannisters have to show up to mall openings and do the little Lizzie II wrist-twist wave

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so serious question: if scotland had gone independent would the royals have to remove the andrews cross from all their heraldry poo poo or would it be like the ireland situation where theyre still rulers of "ireland" where "ireland" is defined as a bit of welfare slum on the tippy top of the island

i mean i guess the answer is probably that the queen would dance around going "nyah nyah, still got yer crown, nyah nyah", but some clarification would be nice

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 3, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im related to some guys in Connacht that still got sod roofs in 2015. my aunt visits them occasionally. very polite people, think driving an hour up a two lane road to a town of a few hundred people is the wildest saturday imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

dadrips posted:

The main pro-independence political party wasn't pushing for a Scottish republic, so if they had their way Scotland would be a constitutional monarchy like Canada, Australia or New Zealand. There were a few proposals for new UK flags in the event of a yes vote but I don't think any of them were taken seriously

hard to guess why

yeah that was going to be my next question: what would become of the union jack

and the answer is "dreadful things" apparently

• Locked thread