Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sit your bitch asses down this friday to watch some Banshee :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

ONE MORE DAY, MOTHERFUCKERS. In case you missed it, here's the season 3 trailer I stupidly forget to include:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp9giKVV__U

And if you need more now, here's a five minute EPK / shot call for season 3, which includes a look at that thing Sepinwall told you about a day or two ago. Also: Kai vs. Lucas! Chayton in warpaint! Rebecca going dark! Gordon and Carrie tag-team beatdown! Sugar punching fools! Lucas the "alleged" sheriff!

So hype :flashfap:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"I saved one for you" :3:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:barf: Kai and Rebecca :barf:

So Nola is back and pissed :black101: I wonder if she will work with Chayton or do her own thing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mars4523 posted:

I really liked Chayton and Nola's talk.

Guess they won't be working together :(

bou posted:

Hey, new intro! Could not decide yet if i like it better or not.

There were a lot of great scenes in this episode. The aforementioned Chayton just owns the screen every time he is on. Burton burtoning some stupid idiots. The bonding between Nola and Carrie by beating up an other idiot might be the most perfect mix between :clint: :swoon: :3: and :black101: ever. Stowe gave me a reaaaally creepy vibe and reminded me of the bad guy from the second Die Hard movie.

Stowe is intense as gently caress.

Would also watch a spinoff of Nola and Carrie, assuming it aired after the Job and Sugar spinoff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I bet he ends up on the team. They need a bigger force with all the poo poo going down.

:911: Emmett. They would never hire that neo nazi scum, reformed or not.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holy gently caress that Nola and Burton fight was brutal. Could have believed either one would have died at the end. :rip:

Sugar and Job still the best.

Liking Agent Robert Phillips, if only because he was smart enough to send proof to the sheriff department. I wonder if he will come back. Shame the same can't be said for fat Brantley

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

Brantley died as he lived: excessively.

And my only complaint about the Nola / Burton throwdown is that it seems like a waste of her character. And yet, what a way to send her off, goddamn.

Maybe it will send Carrie into a murder rampage :black101:

But yea it was kind of a waste. We already knew Burton wasn't one to be hosed with.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

When Mom Proctor made Kai promise to get Rebecca out of the house, was it because she thought he was a bad influence or because she knew they were :huh: The former makes more sense, but the latter works too because her tone was pretty disgusted and upset. And of course this is Banshee so it's probably the latter.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mars4523 posted:

I thought it was pretty pointless. There's no tension in a Proctor/Kinaho conflict if season after season Proctor has been always winning and the Kinaho always losing. Burton should have died, or been severely injured, just to deprive Proctor of his presence.

The more I think about this the more it bothers me. The Red Bones have failed at every turn against Proctor so they seem pretty impotent. Even if they were going to write out Nola, they should have killed Burton too or at least hospitalized him like you said. I don't imagine that Kai or Rebecca will die this season so I'm not sure what loss Proctor will suffer due to the Red Bones.

But I'm sure this is all for nothing as Chayton will show up and burn half the town and Kai's meat packing factory / drug lab. Alone. :getin:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

So, episode 4. Probably my favorite episode title of the whole run: Real Life Is the Nightmare. Simple, maybe more of a 13-year-old's idea of "dark and edgy" than something that's legitimately that way, but what can I say? I get chills just reading it.

While you wait for that, Cinemax has Jason Bateman's Bad Words premiering at 8:30 EST. And while you wait for that, something to chew on:

I tried to get some of my friends and acquaintances into this show by showing them Hood vs. Sanchez. One of them liked the tension of the scene, but complained that it was unrealistic. In particular, he cited "no one in the audience helped him, plus he started the assault."

I mean, I've already written him off as a lost cause, but just for shits and giggles...thoughts?

End your friendship with these people that don't like Banshee :colbert:

Or fight them Lucas Hood style :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

C'mon Hood, how could you loving miss at that range. :commissar:

Next episode is going to be loving crazy. Kill em all Chayton!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ray Donovan had potential to be interesting with him being a fixer of messes for the rich and powerful, but wasted it all on dumb family poo poo no one gives a gently caress about. At least for season 1. I never bothered to check on 2.

CeeJee posted:

Assault on Precinct Banshee

I bet this is how Neo-nazi(he's a neo nazi that looks like Keanu :downsrim:) proves himself and gets the job. That or Siobhan / Raven / Lotus die and he gets their spot by default.
Also Proctor is totally going to gently caress the poo poo out of Lotus's ex wife.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

Her dying will push him into finishing both Proctor and the Red Bones. Not to mention finishing off the test of the military thieving. No one is gonna make it out of this season.

I truly, TRULY, hope that we never find out who Hood really is.

He tried to finish Proctor this ep. He missed. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Why is the lockdown button near the entrance? :wtf:

So much for killing everyone inside Chayton. You let Hood live :v:

:rip:

edit: She was fridged

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 7, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ETA until Hood starts banging reservation cop: 4 episodes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

In the preview there's a shot of him holding a knife to Chayton's throat while he sleeps. Obviously he's gonna pull back, but how much do you want to bet that it's because it'd be TOO easy, as opposed to him being conveniently interrupted?

He probably misses his stab like he did with Proctor :downs:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yea I was a bit disappointed with the FBI plotline last season. It would have been nice for Hood to have an antagonist that he couldn't physically pummel or just murder. Just have him dig around and try to uncover who Hood really is, slowly putting the pieces together. Could have been an interesting way to put the fire to Hood while also giving us bits and pieces of his backstory. But instead he got a bullet to the brain :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VDay posted:

Banshee renewed for fourth season, will be 8 episodes instead of 10.

Yay more Banshee but why 8 instead of 10 :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

madpanda posted:

Hoooly poo poo the fight at the end of episode 3.

Welcome to Banshee :getin:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rebecca don't want your forgiveness. :colbert: Rebecca has been acting like she is hot poo poo so far this season so being put in her place was pretty deserved. I wonder if she is plotting some kind of payback against Kai for the little callout she got tonight or if she is going to fall farther(or both).

Brock is gonna be pissed :huh:

Just what everyone wanted, more Deva plot :jerkbag:

Jeez Hood, now you are 0/2 against killing people that you snuck up on. You are kinda bad at this assassin thing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mars4523 posted:

Is it just me, or is the plot armor loving ridiculous this season?

Not ridiculous enough for Siobhan :(

But yea it is getting a bit silly. I mean obviously Hood wasn't going to kill Kai or Chayton those times, but they shouldn't have written him into that position to begin with.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Going by next week's preview: looks like a good chunk of it will be shot in first-person.

It may not always work, but I'm happy that the directors and producers have been willing to add so many artsy touches to the show as it progresses, as it keeps the show fresh.

I guess I'm the odd man out because I am not a fan of the style changes. That season 2 ep they did was boring as hell and didn't work for me at all. Last week's ep with the alternate black and white flashbacks worked though, probably because it was kept to a minimum but because it wasn't as different as the season 2 episode. I just hope whatever they do this week works.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You seriously didn't like the MGS3 homage in the field?

But love didn't bloom on the battlefield :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The headcam stuff was ok. Some shots were a bit hard to tell what was happening, but still better than the crap they pulled in season 2.

Rebecca this is going to blow up in your face so bad. I can't wait :neckbeard:

Whoever said earlier that Colonel Stowe looked like the T1000 wasn't kidding. He is a goddamn terminator. :stonk: Also pants on head crazy.

edit: forget Chayton, Stowe is the real deal. Crazy man who is competent and commands a bunch of elite soldiers. I bet he wouldn't have failed to kill Proctor or Chayton like Hood did either:colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 21, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Considering he was sitting in the vault with no sign of wounds I'm assuming they were riot rounds. They wanted to rob the place, not murder everyone on the base right?

I bet their pistols had real ammo so why bother with fake ammo for the shotgun.

Terminator Stowe just really wanted his money back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I bet that Rebecca's thing blows up in her face, Kai beats her or whatever then Emily walks in.

She doesn't walk out :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How has no one mentioned Sandy Crow yet? Bad rear end scarred motherfucker with a hole in his neck. Even the one off characters in this show are awesome.

Chayton's execution was gruesome as gently caress goddamn :commissar:

Holy poo poo crazy Colonel Terminator wants his money back. He and the PMC mercs are going to tear some poo poo up looking for it.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not sure to interpret that as him being castrated or him having a micropenis, actually. Rebecca's reaction seemed to be more surprise and amusement than, y'know, "HOLY poo poo YOU DON'T HAVE GENITALS. :stonk:"

She was definitely horrified / surprised at first. But yea then she mockingly smiled at him at the end of the scene.

But still, you guys have it all wrong. It wasn't his :dong:, but the size of his balls.

they are massive

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Where did Kai get that SMG during his little escape? Maybe God put it there for you Kai :tinfoil: Also curious to see what Kai will do to Rebecca.

Terminator Stowe don't gently caress around.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Bunker's going to kill him some Nazi's. He's like a wound spring.

I can't wait to see what Bunker's brother looks like. Or how Bunker beats the poo poo out of him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Garfu posted:

It looked to me like Carrie was taken away on a helicopter and Hood was freaking out about it... but that's just from the trailer and their purpose is to throw you off. But based on that, I think Stowe escapes with Carrie, and that sets us up for next season.

The helicopter is immediately shot down by Fat Brantley's brother: Ginger Brantley.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is Banshee. Carrie would probably bust free and beat up everyone on the helicopter. Then grab Stowe with one hand and lift his head into the rotors, jump off the helicopter while it explodes(of course itll explode) and use what's left of his body to break her fall. And she will still make it to her diner job on time. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I do like that they change up the intro credits once in a while. Colonel Stowe playing with his ring and it keeps getting bloodier and bloodier till it popped his finger off.

Lmao Morales and his sword. This show does have the best one off characters ever.

Ahaha Gordon is a badass. He was totally dead when he entered the bar though :rip:

Please be okay Job :ohdear: The showrunners knew that no one would care if Carrie was kidnapped, so they took the only character we do like :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 14, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

Last week Gordon's picture reappeared in Carrie's intro polaroid because they were reconciling, and then it flickered out of existence this week :rip: Also Gordon's picture is usually (edit: going back I guess it's not, actually) an inoperable gun, but it was put together this week with the Marine's Hymn written on it.

The effort and attention they put into telling a story and foreshadowing events through gradual changes is pretty amazing. I could sperg over the credits for pages. I won't though, I promise.

You notice the changing intro but never once thought to sit through the credits? pffffffffft

I do unironically wish the showrunners would break down all the intro changes for each ep and what they represent.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 14, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bou posted:

Also feeling sorry for Bunker. Having a blowtorch taken to your face doesn't bode well for his ...appearence (sorry) next season.

Bunker is lucky to have such a nice guy as his brother. A nice well dressed family man who put his rear end on the line to cover for his brother. And he took pity on Bunker not being able to afford that laser tattoo removal so he got some friends to do it for free.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Was the story about his history that bunker told the DA lady a partial lie? I could have sworn that he told her that his brother dragged him into the brotherhood, but in this ep its the other way around

Yea could be. Gives him another reason to hate the brotherhood as he got his little brother in and he really seems to believe in it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deakul posted:

So, uh, I started Strike Back and finished season 1 and just started season 2 but had to stop about 20 mins into the episode.
What the gently caress is going on, who the hell are all of these people and what happened to everyone from season 1?!?! :stare:

Season 1 is the BBC co-production that is basically never brought up again. Season 2 is when Cinemax took over and it became awesome.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mayor Burton.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cocoa Ninja posted:

Tough, but fair!

When he takes off his glasses, he's working for the masses!

Vote Burton for Mayor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mayor Burton is totally happening.

• Locked thread