Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDBSEmTXJNs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Disco Pope posted:

-The Roseanne theme tune in every loving club I go to.

Honestly, getting Blues Traveler to perform it live really doesn't help matters, especially when they're expected to do the drop themselves. That song just doesn't work that way.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Michael Jackson diss tracks. Yeah, when Kanye did it, it was a little out of left field, a little puzzling, but goddrat Yeezy laid down some sick burns on that poor motherfucker. But then everybody else had to get in on it: Jay Z and Beyoncé, Yung Joc, Lil Jon, Kendrick Lamar, DMX, Outkast (?), Mariah loving Carey(???) Seriously, it's getting a little old, an MJ diss track on like three-quarters of every hip-hop album coming out now. I mean christ, he can't even defend himself, and what the hell did he do to you people in the first place?

Then it went back round to weird again when you get people like Grandmaster Flash, Lee "Scratch" Perry*, KRS-One, and Ultramagnetic MCs doing this poo poo. And Chali 2na getting Jurassic Five back together just to burn Michael Jackson? And then Jermaine Jackson??! Huh? I think it might be coming to an end though, since Macklemore just dropped one, all like "haha yeah wacko jacko sux, rite guys? hey wait up"

*This actually happened

root beer fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 6, 2015

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

There are way too many metal songs about eating pussy.

Danny Brown invented eating pussy on XXX and Amon Amarth are just too eager to catch up

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Girl groups that are composed of nothing but former undersecretaries in minor cabinet departments.

I like a good motown love song as much as anyone, and I am not overly biased about people's gender self-identity, but the truth is, try as they might, former Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Charles F. Conner, former Deputy Secretary of the Interior David J Hayes, and former Federal Railroad Administrator Alan Rutter just can not harmonize like the Ronnettes could, even if they do wear the costumes. And that was just the first group, let alone the knock-off groups that came later.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

non-minor keys

all music should be depressing or unsettling

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Whorelord posted:

There are way too many metal songs about eating pussy.

Danny Brown invented eating pussy on XXX and Amon Amarth are just too eager to catch up

if only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9FbnyLldQ&t=157s

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Please, no more trap remixes of the Talking heads song "psycho kilkler (qu'est quest cest)". poo poo's getting old.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

To the musician driving the white Acura: Your lights are on. Also, please stop making songs about how the Bitterroot Mountains are beautiful and the Rockies are overrated. This is not a rivalry that is relevant to most of America, and the batteries in your car are going to die. Please handle these two situations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

To this day, I still maintain that the discovery that "ballers" rhymes with "shot-callers" is the worst thing that ever happened to music.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I'm really tired of opera singers these days farting into the microphone in the middle of intervals of the song when they are supposed to be silent. Just because the anus is the first body part formed in all organisms on earth doesn't mean the sounds it makes are spiritually significant. are you freaking kidding me. what the hell are they teaching in music theory these days

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Who is Steve? Where did he come from? What is next?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Oh, that's just Steve Winwood, a cliché that people forgot until now. Thanks for dredging that one up, you bastard.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Picardy thirds. gently caress that noise.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Neckbeards playing easy-listening crap and getting airtime on rock stations. Never been a better time for things like Spotify, satellite radio, etc.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
white people and their boy-golly-arent-we-wacky ironic hip hop covers

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Does every drone artist need to do a concept album about Donna Tart novel

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
all i can listen to these days is a randomly oscillating bass synth + someone a hi-hat going loving nuts

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I didn't even know there was anything narrower than a gulf between them but somehow the line between third-wave ska and black metal has been blurred to nothing.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

It was exceedingly tasteless when Kanye made Alvin Lucier say "I am a dumb whiny nerd" and played it through his inhaler over and over

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
songs need more gangnam style like the good ol' days and more AMV's

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
not a cliche, but I wish they would stop producing music that sounds overly compressed and completely flat.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Serialist pop music needs to drive off a loving cliff.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

ive gotten used to singer/songwriters breaking into my house at night and forcing me to listen to their tunes at gunpoint, i just dont understand why som any of their songs have to be about the guy who invented postit-notes

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

BKPR posted:

It was exceedingly tasteless when Kanye made Alvin Lucier say "I am a dumb whiny nerd" and played it through his inhaler over and over

I did love Kanye (feat. Alvin Lucier)'s track "I am sitting in da club"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

not a cliche, but I wish they would stop producing music that sounds overly compressed and completely flat.
Hahahaha, yeah, that's bad. I wish my parents hadn't died in the Loudness War. I wish we hadn't dropped sound bombs on Tokyo. I wish we hadn't devastated the streets of Tokyo and Dresden with millions of records from the Flaming Lips, Arcade Fire, Fiery Furnaces, and the Electric Six.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hahahaha, yeah, that's bad. I wish my parents hadn't died in the Loudness War. I wish we hadn't dropped sound bombs on Tokyo. I wish we hadn't devastated the streets of Tokyo and Dresden with millions of records from the Flaming Lips, Arcade Fire, Fiery Furnaces, and the Electric Six.

Where were you when Parliament dropped "The Bomb"?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Puppy Galaxy posted:

for the love of god, PLEASE stop covering Two Princes. the spin doctors rock, and wrote one of the best songs of all time. but that doesn't mean we need cover after cover rocketing to the top of the charts every year since 1993. sure, it was cool when radiohead did it, but do we really need animal collective's 15 minute version? and don't get me started on calliope covers.

gently caress you, 2Princes covers 4eva :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM3D9uvM4Rg

FactsAreUseless posted:

Klezmer. I'm so sick of hearing klezmer in songs.

Artline70 posted:

Songs about butts

kustomkarkommando posted:

2014 in Review: Has Pop music reached peak Oi!?

Tsinava posted:

Just because the anus is the first body part formed in all organisms on earth doesn't mean the sounds it makes are spiritually significant. are you freaking kidding me. what the hell are they teaching in music theory these days

gently caress all you guys. ALL you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPEBO35cvM

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

This is definitely the direction music should have taken in the last 7 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZMnF1VNlE

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Chali 2na getting Jurassic Five back together just to burn Michael Jackson?

Please don't get my hopes up like this.

edit: Seriouspost is anyone else really sick of all this babylonian erotic poetry played over a loving children's synth demo???

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

TIMPANI IS FOR MUSIC ONLY, NOT KITTEN TRAMPOLINE

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

boethius posted:

Where were you when Parliament dropped "The Bomb"?

I was in Baghdad. There were bombs over it. I was calm like one, tell you what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
when the back up singer/guitarist yells at the beginning of the song super enthusiastically but for no real reason. i just imagine him convincing the band hey it'll be cool/funny

• Locked thread