Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I mean hes walked on water, turned water into wine, raised the dead, but he can't just teleport himself off the cross? Real big pot hole imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The nails were kryptonite.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Jewish occultism is mostly thaumaturgy OP if you want planar manipulation then you roll Vedic.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Not enough XP.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Because he was a charlatan the whole time. The movie dropped hints the whole time. How could you have missed that?

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
He was just being a stubborn bastard to try and spite the eagles who ditched him to save a couple Hobbits instead.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
because he wasnt the messiah he was a very naughty boy

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

It seriously cracks me up that people talk about Jesus's "amazing sacrifice" with awe in their eyes.

The dude was the son of God, what a lucky mother fucker. He got to drink wine all day and hang with his bros, and yeah, he died, but he died KNOWING that heaven was real and that he was the ruler of heaven. That doesn't seem like much of a sacrifice to me.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Jesus is a lot like Gandalf

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

spooky girlfriend posted:

It seriously cracks me up that people talk about Jesus's "amazing sacrifice" with awe in their eyes.

The dude was the son of God, what a lucky mother fucker. He got to drink wine all day and hang with his bros, and yeah, he died, but he died KNOWING that heaven was real and that he was the ruler of heaven. That doesn't seem like much of a sacrifice to me.

Also the only human in history ever to be crucified apparently, and because he died we don't have to suffer anymore :neckbeard:

*grimaces to hide continual suffering*

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines
It was just a setup for the whole coming back from the dead bit, that's some pretty boss level trolling.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The answer to that question is in the much better film, "The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ".

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
He died for your sins op.

Like you making this stupid loving thread. It's a sin.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
he was 9th level, which is enough for raise dead, but he was a cleric, not a mage so he couldnt have teleported

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Hogge Wild posted:

he was 9th level, which is enough for raise dead, but he was a cleric, not a mage so he couldnt have teleported

Oh, well that makes sense. Where were you when I was suffering through Sunday school?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
He tried to miracle himself away, that's why he asks why god forsake him or whatever.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
*jesus, crucified, turns to the camera* It's a living! *Curb Your Enthusiasm theme begins to play*

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

This. Jesus just started some poo poo in a temple knowing he would get the gently caress off this poo poo planet sooner than later. Greedy oval office.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

*jesus, crucified, turns to the camera* It's a living! *Curb Your Enthusiasm theme begins to play*

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
A Messiah is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Jesus was the most important self-hating Jew in all of human history, even more so than Albert Einstein or the people who wrote the best Christmas songs.

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009
His dad pranked him and took away his powers.

(he did throw in a resurrection spell afterwards though so not a _total_ dickbag)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
omg op please, this was already addressed in the esection The Three Emptations of Christ where satan tempts him with all sorts of stuff, seriously, the authors thought of everything!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

He couldn't perform miracles with all the jews around him.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

this is such a bad understanding.

the passion was that god left him in that time.

that's why he says "father, father, why have you forsaken me?"

ont he cross, jesus lived in doubt. he was no longer certain he wasn't just a crazy person being crucified for nothing.

surprise twist: he was just a crazy person being cruficied for benothing, but his friends later added some pretty good "extended universe" stuff that rally took off.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
he got off on pain and there is no pain im heaven, they dont write about it but the whole time they were nailing him up he had a raging hardon and pontius pilot was like "woah dude, put that rattler away, were tryin to punish you" and jesus just kept moaning. all in all pretty awkward way to die

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Jesus' death on the cross was needed in order to solidify gods new covenant with man. That is to say, to change the paradigm from strict adherence to orthodox rules to salvation through grace.

The better question is why do we think of Judas as a traitor? He was depicted as Jesus' most loyal disciple, and the crucifixion was pre ordained. I think it is far more likely that Judas was the only disciple who would honor a request from Jesus that would lead to his death.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

MegaGatts posted:

Jesus' death on the cross was needed in order to solidify gods new covenant with man. That is to say, to change the paradigm from strict adherence to orthodox rules to salvation through grace.

The better question is why do we think of Judas as a traitor? He was depicted as Jesus' most loyal disciple, and the crucifixion was pre ordained. I think it is far more likely that Judas was the only disciple who would honor a request from Jesus that would lead to his death.

why you think he smooch him on the mouth?

it is rather bizarre whthat judas has always been thought of a s a bad guy

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

MegaGatts posted:

Nicely put

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
If u think about it, the balrog is judas.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

MegaGatts posted:

This gnostics believe exactly this.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
jeezy creezy seemed like a "drama queen", imho. in today's world, one might even say "attention whore"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ignoring that "gnostics" are not an homogeneous bunch, it is really the only thing one can think

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

MegaGatts posted:

I'm always betraying my friends and I believe in predestination so, when you think about it, I'm a pretty great guy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

ignoring that "gnostics" are not an homogeneous bunch, it is really the only thing one can think

Sorry, you're correct that the term "Gnostics" actually covers a wide range of beliefs I was just speaking in v. broad strokes.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

If u think about it, the balrog is judas.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

MegaGatts posted:

This only applies if you're Jewish though. If you're a gentile you have to follow the rules laid down by Paul.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gTy2UlHWII

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

This only applies if you're Jewish though. If you're a gentile you have to follow the rules laid down by Paul.

we're all jewish really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm always betraying my friends and I believe in predestination so, when you think about it, I'm a pretty great guy.

If i had a psychic friend and that friend told me to sell him out plus I'd get like $2800 id sell him out.

• Locked thread