Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killaer
Aug 4, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

To quote the sage Mr. LaRouche:

"The Beatles had no genuine musical talent, but were a product shaped according to British Psychological Warfare Division (Tavistock) specifications, and promoted in Britain by agencies which are controlled by British intelligence."

All bands are pharmaceutical psyops. Rebellious attitudes quelled with contract money and hard drugs, paid to spew their pseudo-revolutionary rhetoric to the unassuming masses to incite a permanent state of envy and vague discontent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If you listen to metal in any form you should shut the gently caress up about the Beatles / everything else hth

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Reer posted:

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band

That's a lot of words to say the Beatles weren't as fun as the Rolling Stones

Also: bring back Cringo and Peter Trombone

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
i can completely understand how decades of being bombarded by people wacking off over the beatles could turn "eh I don't think they're so great" into "BEATLES? BEATLES??!?! gently caress THE BEATLES"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

return0 posted:

happiness is a warm gun is ok, the rest, well its ok i guess but nothing amazing, definitely not terrible but not great either.

Hey buddy, you need some help pulling your head out of your rear end?

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
Carl Perkins had more talent by himself than the beatles did as a group

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Oh please, The Beatles? gently caress The Beatles, <insert other group here> was way better and had more talent. The Beatles were obviously exactly like <insert modern boy band> so I don't get it.

This is pretty much every argument against The Beatles. The only angle you can't argue against The Beatles is how much George Harrison loving owned.

return0
Apr 11, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

Hey buddy, you need some help pulling your head out of your rear end?

no thanks my rear end is pretty big and easily accessible

while my rear end gently weeps

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I Might Be Adam posted:

Oh please, The Beatles? gently caress The Beatles, <insert other group here> was way better and had more talent. The Beatles were obviously exactly like <insert modern boy band> so I don't get it.

This is pretty much every argument against The Beatles. The only angle you can't argue against The Beatles is how much George Harrison loving owned.

The Beatles wrote When I'm 64, Obladi Oblada, Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Here, There and Eveywhere. Listen to these loving songs and comprehend how awful and lame they are.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The Beatles wrote When I'm 64, Obladi Oblada, Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Here, There and Eveywhere. Listen to these loving songs and comprehend how awful and lame they are.

All Paul songs.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i know someone already posted it but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=163_C5UVU-I
proof paul is actually dead

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
whahm whahm whahm whahm whahm whahm
wom womwom wom wom womwom wom
Simply having

a
wonderful Christmas time.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I can enjoy some George Harrison but he doesn't hold a candle to the best George in the band.

George Martin is pretty much singlehandedly responsible for all the listenable Beatles records.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Anyone who defends Paul should be cursed to watch this video for all eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfLUmVso30

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Ratios and Tendency posted:

when i'm 64 is loving awesome you loving idiot moron. go soak your head

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
This is my favourite thing Paul McCartney has been involved with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdCH7ZewAfY

I don't really know where to start with The Beatles to be honest. The stuff where they mess about with tape-loops and stuff maybe?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Reer posted:

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. At such a time, rock critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "Aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll. It replaced syncopated African rhythm with linear Western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for good reason. They could never figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Four'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of entire operas such as "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia"; not to mention the far greater British musicians who followed them in subsequent decades or the US musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what the Beatles merely later repackaged to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "Beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial band

lowtax please namechange me to lusty negro attitudes

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
The baetles were merely the most visible and marketable out of the armies of bob dylan wannabees, but had some pleasant melodies and well produced songs

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

HollisBrown posted:

George Martin is pretty much singlehandedly responsible for all the listenable Beatles records.

He performed piano or keyboard on at least a few songs on every album except for Yellow Submarine and Let It Be, besides arranging instrumental and orchestral parts. Most notably on Rocky Raccoon, All You Need Is Love, and Fixing a Hole.

Abbey Road is one of the best albums ever produced.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 7, 2015

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
This is bullshit, Lennon was the worst.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Paul's definitely got the lesbian grandma look going pretty hard these days too

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Maxwell's Silver Hammer is probably my favorite Beatles song.

I like ABBA way more though. ABBA is a way more fun and amazing mediocre pop band that was enormously popular. imo

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Beatles were okay but they were just a dry run for Wings

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I'm Crap posted:

when i'm 64 is loving awesome you loving idiot moron. go soak your head

Listen to these back to back, both from 67.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCss0kZXeyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffr0opfm6I4

doo-de-doo de-doo-de-doo de-doo-doo-dooo

lol

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Dave Concepcion posted:

ringo owns and is a really good drummer

If you think Ringo is good drummer this vid is gonna make your dick fly off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBTBv_h4CQ

Ringo was a passable rock drummer. That's really where it begins and ends.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Ringo was all about the feel and groove and over the years, I've grown to see his talent but yeah, he would not cut it as a studio drummer.

Either his timing is super awful or they didn't give a poo poo when they went in to track his parts.

Paul has always made goofy songs with a really outstanding song sprinkled here or there. Dude is an incredible bass player, understands music, and is able to write dumb songs for the rest of his filthy rich life with a stupid grin on his face.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE NAH NAH NAH NAH NANANA NANANA HEY JUDE

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Egbert Souse posted:

Abbey Road is one of the best albums ever produced.

Produced yes, but the songs are mediocre. The best Beatle album musically is Revolver and not Sgt. Peppers or the White album like everyone thinks.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Produced yes, but the songs are mediocre. The best Beatle album musically is Revolver and not Sgt. Peppers or the White album like everyone thinks.

It's their best song album. I like how George Harrison's guitar work in Abbey Road acts as a leitmotif through the album, which isn't on any other album. Revolver is their best album for songs, but it doesn't work better or worse as an album.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

HollisBrown posted:

Paul's definitely got the lesbian grandma look going pretty hard these days too

He looks like a turtle.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
here there and everywhere owns

gently caress the guy who dissed it

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

killaer posted:

The who is an awful, awful band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnHLgxKUsEA

Reer posted:

words that were probably copy/pasted

I think the Beatles are pop music not rock music at all? Pretty sure no one ever hosed or thought about loving directly because of any of the Beatles music I ever heard. If you think that pop music is good then Paul McCartney is pretty influential. Supposedly marketing is the 20th century's signature art form and the Beatles sure sold a lot of poo poo. I like that song My Guitar Gently Weeps though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the beatles were all assholes and/or completely useless except maybe george harrison but they made good music that you don't have to like but it is still being aped to this day and you're kind of a loving idiot if you try and argue otherwise hth

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thathonkey posted:

the beatles were all assholes and/or completely useless except maybe george harrison but they made good music that you don't have to like but it is still being aped to this day and you're kind of a loving idiot if you try and argue otherwise hth

it does help thanks

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
lmao yall are retarded

even the beatles super early pop boy band poo poo is crazy complex melodically and harmonically for pop music and paul mccartney was the best singer, guitar player, bassist, and drummer in the beatles. there are plenty of reasons to not like the beatles but attacking their musicianship or composition.. lmao.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETMEfUs79Q

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Paul McCartney was in Neutral Milk Hotel?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paul mccartney and wings is my favorite beirut coverband

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

fanged wang posted:

lmao yall are retarded

even the beatles super early pop boy band poo poo is crazy complex melodically and harmonically for pop music and paul mccartney was the best singer, guitar player, bassist, and drummer in the beatles. there are plenty of reasons to not like the beatles but attacking their musicianship or composition.. lmao.

They were very overrated IMO unlike Lana Del Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

MegaGatts posted:

Nah, believe it or not, one direction, nsync, and all the other teen heart throb bands aren't bad at what they do. But keep going on how they aren't actually a band and how the beatles are. People like you are exactly who I was laughing at. You are so unself aware it's hilarious.

i dont bust out the literally word a lot but you're literally freakin stupid as hell

• Locked thread