Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

How were the kids supposed to learn to read when they couldn't fit inside the building? Honestly can't figure out why this scene is supposed to be "funny."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IIRC the building was a scale model at first. At the end you see the actual building which was normal sized and had kids walking in and out just fine. It isn't clear whether they were actually learning to read though.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It was definitely a scale model, they explained it in the director commentary.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Supreme Allah posted:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Zoolander is the funniest Ben Stiller movie ever made. Which is basically saying it is the shiniest pile of poo poo you've ever seen in your life.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
But really, I do enjoy Zoolander. I crack the gently caress every time he answers his small phone after the argument in the bar post-coal mine scene.

"God?"
"God? What the poo poo are you talking about?!"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

so did they cut out a scene or something where they explained this?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nanomashoes posted:

so did they cut out a scene or something where they explained this?

you already used this joke in the op

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

you already used this joke in the op

but, why male models?

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Han....solo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nanomashoes posted:

but, why male models?

Cause if it were female models being stupid airheads the movie would have triggered the feminists in a way you and I aren't prepared for!

naem
May 29, 2011

I like the gasoline fight scene v good thanks for reading

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I think if you hold the model close up to your face, you could get people in the distance to enter the building.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

what is this, a thread for ants?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Otisburg posted:

what is this, a thread for ants?

No. This is a thread for ants: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692855

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Windows 98 posted:

But really, I do enjoy Zoolander. I crack the gently caress every time he answers his small phone after the argument in the bar post-coal mine scene.

"God?"
"God? What the poo poo are you talking about?!"

Straight up, I watched in a few months ago and it still holds up. Also if you are like me and like out-of-left-field cameos in your movie it's pretty good for that, what other movie gives you Billy Zane and David Bowie in a two minute stretch of film?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I dont understand why he built the full size one of it after he failed to kill the prime minister or whatever

like i guess he was a good guy afterall?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Oh I'm sorry, did my pin get in the way of your rear end?! Do me a favor and lose 5lbs immediately or get out of my building, LIKE NOWWW!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

C-Euro posted:

Straight up, I watched in a few months ago and it still holds up. Also if you are like me and like out-of-left-field cameos in your movie it's pretty good for that, what other movie gives you Billy Zane and David Bowie in a two minute stretch of film?

Billy Zane's a cool dude.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
No he wasn't a scale model he was a male model?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Nanomashoes posted:

How were the kids supposed to learn to read when they couldn't fit inside the building? Honestly can't figure out why this scene is supposed to be "funny."

lol at the thought that ben stillr has a chance of being funny

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Don't tinyshame OP there are some tiny children in the world who can't read good and they need schools too ok

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

but why male models?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
gasoline fight, even mugatu being entranced by magnum, and the model riding hansels back
duchovnys cameo is pleasant as well
1/10

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot

gold steel

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
good movie

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was going to be retarded, and it was, but gasoline fight and him painting himself black to hide in the coal mines were loving great.

e: ZIP DISK BITCHES!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Prodigal T-REX posted:

No he wasn't a scale model he was a male model?

Made me lol

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
If we taught ants how to read, would they overthrow us and rule the world?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Starbucks sold actual orange mocha frappuccinos as a cross-promotion so there is a non-zero chance that somebody died on 9/11 the same way the male models did in the gasoline fight.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
That movie is funny, and it holds up really will because kids still make our clothes, lol.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MER-MAN!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Wizzle-Wazzle posted:

Han....solo.

That Hansel's so hot right now.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This thread has to be at least three times better than this