Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

And we know nothing about it. I guess they didn't want to tell everyone what they're doing like they did with Archer Vice.
Spoke too soon. Don't click if you don't want to know the premise of Season 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

counterfeitsaint posted:

I swear I watched season 6 on netflix a few weeks ago, but actually no... now I'm really confused where I watched it.

Pretty sure I watched it on US netflix recently.

e: no that was a fever dream apparently because what I did watch was season 5

taqueso fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 28, 2016

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Have an article about Archer ranking archers: https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/sterling-archer-ranks-famous-archers/

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

quote:

I have fond memories of watching this enormous nine-foot-tall warrior on the big screen because I kept nudging Lana throughout the movie to ask if they were related.

holy gently caress

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:stare: Lars is amazing.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:stare: Lars is amazing.

Yea, I'd never heard of the guy before and that's pretty insane. Like, better than Hollywood and it's fake reality insane. Especially considering he learned it all on his own in 10 years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He can shoot inaccurate, weak arrows really fast but everything he says about ancient techniques is completely made up and his videos are staged.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
That does not bode well for the skills of the the private investigator who made that list, hey?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Aphrodite posted:

He can shoot inaccurate, weak arrows really fast but everything he says about ancient techniques is completely made up and his videos are staged.

his technique would be very effective against people wearing no armour like in those sculptures

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

quote:

Mother and I used to have a New Year's tradition where she would use a crossbow to shoot a champagne bottle off of my head and then say, "I'm the reason you'll get to live to see another year. Go clean out the garage and think about that."
If there were a combination of :stare: and :smith: it would apply perfectly to this.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Aphrodite posted:

Everything I've ever read about archery said you basically just take as many guys as you can and get them to all shoot at the same time. I doubt there was much wall running and 360 no scoping.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Thank you website for suggesting the female bartenders that I need to know in San Antonio. I might live over 1000 miles away and have no plans on ever visiting, but just in case, now I am prepared.

Listicles are getting really desperate.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

If there were a combination of :stare: and :smith: it would apply perfectly to this.

Don't feel bad, Archer just ordered Woodhouse to clean the garage.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

xzzy posted:

Don't feel bad, Archer just ordered Woodhouse to clean the garage.

Woodhouse :smith:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
rewatching the end of frisky dingo and seeing they have a throw-away joke making fun of that stupid rear end season finale where they shrink down and go into the guy's body. it's like they knew the crap they were going to make later on and they were preemptively zinging themselves that's some high level poo poo. that show is still more impressive in 4 hours than the loving DECADE we're going to get of archer.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Unlucky posted:

rewatching the end of frisky dingo and seeing they have a throw-away joke making fun of that stupid rear end season finale where they shrink down and go into the guy's body. it's like they knew the crap they were going to make later on and they were preemptively zinging themselves that's some high level poo poo. that show is still more impressive in 4 hours than the loving DECADE we're going to get of archer.

Innerspace was a good movie.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Archer's refined, though. FD was all in the moment. Think of it like an 18 year single malt scotch and beer. Both can be good but one takes longer to refine and age.

I hadn't watched season 6 since it ended last year but I was laughing hard watching it again on Netflix today.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Crotch Bat posted:

I hadn't watched season 6 since it ended last year but I was laughing hard watching it again on Netflix today.

The writing in season six was on point, it was just being delivered through the hollowed-out corpse of a once lively series.

I'm willing to give season seven a chance because of the change of venue, but season six was stripped to the bone of everything that the series once had and once was. I found that too depressing to go back to.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The writing in season six was on point, it was just being delivered through the hollowed-out corpse of a once lively series.

I'm willing to give season seven a chance because of the change of venue, but season six was stripped to the bone of everything that the series once had and once was. I found that too depressing to go back to.

I found that i enjoyed the later seasons of Archer more on a rewatch when i could binge through them. This was particularly true for Archer Vice. Either way I'm glad it's back.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Cheer up guy, it'll still be a pretty funny cartoon. It's not like we're at the abomination of mid-2000s Simpsons or anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Except Pam.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

HERAK posted:

I found that i enjoyed the later seasons of Archer more on a rewatch when i could binge through them. This was particularly true for Archer Vice. Either way I'm glad it's back.

The last four episodes in particular. The palace takeover and related shenanigans are pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Have a Season 7 thread!

• Locked thread