Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

*stuffs said phone in an otterbox defender*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
Cell phone

As in, it is a cell

It is a cell in which you are confined.

The phone

The cell phone
The cellular phone.

You will text. You will call. But you will always be in the cell. In the cell phone.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i like b ig phones

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

killaer posted:

Cell phone

As in, it is a cell

The phone

The cell phone
The cellular phone.

You will text. You will call. But you will always be in the cell. In the cell phone.

pfff... yeah okay grampa

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

verbal enema posted:

i like b ig phones

i have a big phone i can give you.. .if you know wut i mean

also nobody actually cares about phone size as long as it fits in a pocket or something. cases are good since i see a lot of vaginas drop their galaxys/iphone because they have less iq and slippery hands (cuz theres (my) cum on them)

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Korthal posted:

*stuffs said phone in an otterbox defender*

I'm glad of it, my otterbox is smashed to gently caress and has saved my phone many many times

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Harime Nui posted:

I'm glad of it, my otterbox is smashed to gently caress and has saved my phone many many times

Oh, an anime avatar poster being irresponsible with their phone, how surprising.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

killaer posted:

Cell phone

As in, it is a cell

The phone

The cell phone
The cellular phone.

on my ap bio test in high school the last essay question was to describe inter-cellular communication and even though i knew the answer i could not resist the opportunity to write "cells communicate with cell phones" (which were just starting to become common at the time)

i still got a 4/5

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Korthal posted:

Oh, an anime avatar poster being irresponsible with their phone, how surprising.

*hits u w/his murse*

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
:gas:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I got my iphone 6 in an otterbox and it's still pretty drat thin.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
lol. so 2007.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

dog buttz posted:

I got my iphone 6 in an otterbox and it's still pretty drat thin.

Try taking it out and see how much thinner it is.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

This because you can murder someone with it.

Brick phone bitches.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Portable telephones are clearly a fad. Just gotta keep waitin' it out...

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I like purchasing different cases for my cellular phone because it helps me put my personal style out into the world. It's all about me. Me me me. Look at my loving phone

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Harime Nui posted:

:agreed:

Korthal posted:

some people use their phones for work and need them to function at all times HTH

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

What Fun posted:

I like purchasing different cases for my cellular phone because it helps me put my personal style out into the world. It's all about me. Me me me. Look at my loving phone

this except unironically for a sizeable population of my area

open container
Sep 16, 2008
they're all identical rectangles to me

odincode
Aug 12, 2010

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.
phone wrapped in protective casing: large profile
small phone wrapped in protective casing: not-as-large profile
hth

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
THANKS STEVE :love: :love: :love: :911:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol can you actually get away with calling something an otterbox and nobody thinks sexual things?

open container
Sep 16, 2008

this will never not be the funniest thing

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

nomadologique posted:

lol can you actually get away with calling something an otterbox and nobody thinks sexual things?

I lick my otterbox so nobody takes it.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
If you don't work in some kind of labor related field I don't think you should be proud of your destroyed phone because all you're saying is that you're so clumsy you can't handle not loving up a tiny rectangle

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

open container posted:

lol

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

open container posted:

My hands are too small Jerry! Too small!

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

open container posted:

i live in the android pit

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I must be some kinda weirdo because I've had the same phone for three years without breaking it and I put it in a $2 cover thing from DealExtreme.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phone cases send the message that you do some sort of manual labor that is likely to cause damage to your phone and that if you broke your phone you couldn't easily afford to replace it. Say no to phone cases.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Three Olives posted:

Phone cases send the message that you do some sort of manual labor that is likely to cause damage to your phone and that if you broke your phone you couldn't easily afford to replace it. Say no to phone cases.

Exactly.

Having a phone case is basically saying, "I work in the fields and have the dexterity and personal responsibility of a child so I need to protect this thing from myself."

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
don't worry the era of the simple, minimally designed personal electronics is coming to a close. leather is back baby!

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Excuse me where are your screen protectors, I wish to put a piece of bubbly rainbowy poo poo over my gorilla glass

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

AwwJeah posted:

don't worry the era of the simple, minimally designed personal electronics is coming to a close. leather is back baby!

actually football leather is pretty sweet

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I must be some kinda weirdo because I've had the same phone for three years without breaking it and I put it in a $2 cover thing from DealExtreme.

that's bc you don't fetishize new tech and therefore lack the subconscious desire to destroy your existing phone allowing you to upgrade asap

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
loving reps trying to sell "tempered glass" screen protectors

Suck my cock idiots it already has gorilla glass. Nothing is worse than paranoid pussies with obnoxious and poorly fitted screen protectors

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I put a smartphone (HTC Hero) through a wash cycle and it still worked. No damage except for some scratches on the metal bezel.
I never put a screenprotector or a case on a phone and none have broken yet.

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

can you believe how poo poo the battery life is getting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odincode
Aug 12, 2010

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.
I drink and do active stuff outdoors, thus I use a phone case. I feel this is a reasonable explanation. :cheers:

• Locked thread