Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is the new non-megathread about warhams. We will talk about it for five pages and then close the thread and presumably start a new one.

I'll start.

Warhammer is bad. Games workshop is bad. People who play warhammer are bad. People who buy games workshops products are bad.

Skeletons however are good so post some skulls and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

games workshop is an evil company but I like the fluff

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
stop talking about space marines and support the real marines

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

games workshop ripped off blizzard entertainment

:smugdog:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

orc joke

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

please do not talk about warhammer

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i tried to play warharm once but got bored after painting 3 aliens well that's my story

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

a messed up horse posted:

i tried to play warharm once but got bored after painting 3 aliens well that's my story

[smothers u with a pillow] what did i say

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Let's elect 5 posters to kill themselves. I chwose the five directly above me.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
hams am i right

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my dreadnaught has an elaborate back story

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Prodigal T-REX posted:

Let's elect 5 posters to kill themselves. I chwose the five directly above me.

same

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gas

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

man you're such a downer today

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
sorry im just annoyed I have to clean out all my bookmarks :(

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Moola posted:

sorry im just annoyed I have to clean out all my bookmarks :(

:smith::respek::smith:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Warhammer you say?

RIP good skelly thread I liked you

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Hogge Wild posted:

hams am i right
yes

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Warhammer you say?

RIP good skelly thread I liked you

at least we have the scrunt thread...

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
grimdark is a stupid loving word

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

itsgotmetoo posted:

grimdark is a stupid loving word

uh i think you'll find it's p much the best word ?

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
---The Cargo Hold---

SVK decides to join Montague in a celebratory shot for their victory over Daemons, Heretics and Witches. When the crew found them, their clothes were neatly stacked atop a box, Monty was curled into a small ball and SVK was sprawled out, exposing himself to all. There was urine everywhere, and they had taken a dump in the corner of the room on a pict-slate of the Captain they had just killed that day. This hangover was going to hurt more than any of the wounds suffered in combat. To add insult to injury, the crewmen began drawing penises all over the two Thugs and taking pictures of their saviors. Unfortunately, none of them had the stones to join the Thugs, most were relieved that the men they decided to join were as human as anyone else.

Both of you failed your carouse tests horribly. You will both be hung over as hell. However, you do both see a holy vision of the Emperor himself, feel free to write your experience into a memoir or a song.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
hey did you know that one day a chaos dread invited some other chaos lords to a party and it turns out he found that they were not true believers anymore and then he just killed them ?

and an ork lord timetravelled to kill himself to get his favorite gun a second time

I DON'T EVEN

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
just lol if you play warhammer

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I never played warhammer. I dislike the idea of the rich win type of games.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's actually "the autistic win" type of game

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Waroduce posted:

just lol if you play warhammer

AchtungBaby
Dec 5, 2007

How bout them necromundas?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I had warhammer stuff when I was a kid but never really bothered learning how to play it so I just took them all apart and put robot arms on skeletons and stuff

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Necromunda is actually awesome and win

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
more nerds for the nerd god

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frog Act posted:

my dreadnaught has an elaborate back story

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.
let's do it for less and not talk about it at all

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lemon posted:

I had warhammer stuff when I was a kid but never really bothered learning how to play it so I just took them all apart and put robot arms on skeletons and stuff

That was actually the right way to play back then (i'm assuming you were a kid a while ago and not like, one year ago).

nowadays the right way to play is to try a different game because warhammer is bad

it's always been bad but 20 years ago it was merely embarassingly bad, whereas nowadays it's hitler bad

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

btw I'm not joking when this thread gets to the end of the fifth page I am closing it

so don't get too attached

I am 100% on board with the new 'no long threads' rule

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

(unless Lowtax made the thread then it can be long because middle managers are always eager to shake things up but far too timid to risk annoying upper management)

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Warhammer is about 5 or so links down in the chain of the modern fantasy human centipede, with Tolkien at the head, and all the unoriginal fuckers behind him.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Leperflesh posted:

(unless Lowtax made the thread then it can be long because middle managers are always eager to shake things up but far too timid to risk annoying upper management)

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Just one more post on the road to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

where does warhammer 40k sit in the chain? It is derivitave not only of tolkein (despite being nominally sci fi it has tolkein orcs and elves in it) but also Alien, joe haldeman novels, and lovecraft

• Locked thread