Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

whip posted:

unlimited coke

dang they really know how to party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

will chinese dudes gently caress anything breathing with a vagina just wondering how desperate their male population is.

put down the russian prostitutes and the arc welder, toiletlord

this isnt the time for your harebrained moneymaking schemes

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Just wanted this on the first page so all the other pages don't have to do descriptions.

i got a pair of these so i can just saunter into the bathroom and lay down a meaty deuce hands-free and without sacrificing the warmth of clothes here in the middle of winter's chill

v helpful

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

actually these bullshit "chinese" medicines have been a staple in my household with my mother claiming the cure for the common cold includes soaking your feet in hot water and these loving dumb rear end cups that form hickies

its homoepathic poo poo and i cant stand it

there is a difference between homeopathy and traditional medicine and i see a lot of people conflating the two

trad medicine is when old-timey cures like tiger's horn or long-rear end needles in your butt or a tincture of rat liver is used to cure pneumonia/cancer/etc

homeopathy is a weird branch of pseudoscience that claims that the body naturally heals itself of everything as long as you introduce the harmful thing in tiny quantities. james randi did an informative video on it a while back, basically if you are poisoned by lead, the homeopathic cure is to take lead, dilute it into water so much that it is literally less than 1part per billion, then consume that dilution and it will cure the lead poisoning

homeopathy is like 10x crazier than most trad medicines, because the average traditional stuff is like "consume hot soup and drink lots of water and cram this powder up your bum" and at least one of those things is helping so its not all bad.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

MrMoo posted:

She has an umbrella in her hand, it is an exhibit somewhere. It looks like a quarter inch of glue on the plate too.

is this where we get into that special brand of crazy that is asian food advertisements and the govt regulation that surrounds them?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

shoddy chinese engineering puts this poor bear through the ringer and all i can do is laugh at his plight

maybe i am the animal

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'm pretty good with black humor but this got less funny as it went on. If it's real.

some of those in the comments who deigned to respond to the english posts responded with "stupid american whitey, this driver is 80 years old of course he hit 2 people and a car in the space of 2 minutes. but why would you say he should stop?"

like they imply everyone should know who this guy is and be okay with him hitting people so theres gotta be a news story about this out there somewhere

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Mr. Popo posted:

"To do this smelly Sambo should not return for a lifetime license

Driver's license must be traded his mother with chicken"

agreed, its the only fair punishment

more traffic violation laws should involve trading the perpetrators mother for various farmyard animals imo

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Cuatal posted:

Most people have dashcams in China because a lot of people make a career out of jumping onto people's cars, slamming their heads and whatever else they can into the windshield, then calling the cops and saying they were hit. There's videos of this around if you look a little bit.

Also, an actual judge in the Chinese supreme court ruled that the only people that would help someone who was hurt on the road or anywhere else is the person that hurt them, which is one of the reasons Chinese people will walk by a dying person in the street, since there are also people that will pretend they're hurt and have cut themselves with knives or whatever and lie around hoping someone helps them, so they can call the cops and say the person who helped was the one who stabbed them or whatever.

I'd imagine there are other countries where people do that sort of thing, but I don't know.

close but its not quite that they make a career out of it, because if you are just one guy jumping in front of a car obviously everyone is just going to drive away, dash cam or not

its organized crime getting the newer/stupider/worthless members to do the deed so that as soon as it happens, his associates slide up to the drivers window and extort money to "make all this trouble go away"

e: i dont really understand why russian and chinese gangsters are such pussies though, like they have guns and poo poo why dont they just steal the car and all the guys money/phone/etc and sell it?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Cuatal posted:

This isn't true. It's not always organized crime, sometimes it is just one crazy person.

right my point is that those people might try it but they dont make any money from it because the person drives away while the victim is rolling on the ground in pain

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

what exactly is going on here

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Lemon posted:

yer mam's booking service

very rude, reported for mom sass

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

ded posted:

You know what really blows my mind about China? The fact that a family can decide to hold back information about a possible terminal illness (cancer) from the patient.

For example my girlfriends dad may have stomach cancer. For some reason they think it would be OK to not tell him this and just let him die from it. Starvation from not being able to eat, before the cancer can actually do it.

I mean yeah if you hate a family member there are ways to gently caress them over in most medical systems. For example, in most American hospitals, you can bring a sick family member and send them into debt for the rest of their life.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

spankmeister posted:

That's strange to us but if there's one thing that's hella relative it's morals. Different cultures can have way, way different morals, especially about life and death.

I dunno its not really even that, I mean plenty of Americans hate their parents too and would do the same if they were able. I think its just less infrastructure for retaliation (in the legal sense) so the legislators and hospital admins aren't worried about anything other than money. More American than America, when you think about it.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

ded posted:

No. They think it is the 'nice' thing to do.

Well yeah duh, they would say that but its pretty obvious that they just don't like him.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Accretionist posted:

The Shadow of K2, alternate angle:

lol your mom really goes all out when she takes a selfie

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

pentyne posted:

And a Dr of the sciences.

holy poo poo

haha naturally my next question is: did he put her in prison?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Josef bugman posted:

The "traditional" Chinese medicine is pure bullshit, but then again so was blood letting, drinking mercury and trying to prevent poisoning through unicorn horn.

haha this guys actual argument is that its okay that people still practice traditional chinese medicine TODAY because in the past the west used to also have bad medicine

lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

lmao these responses. All of the are direct copy-paste quotes.

These fuckers are hella jealous. "Oh the shape is strange, they're fake, the nipples are wrong, they don't have the same taste as Chinese". loving lmao, any excuse they can think of. Western titties are superior and they know it but they gotta trash talk to feel better about their flat chested wives.

why would that last person think that tits should taste like chinese M&Ms? i imagine M&Ms taste the same everywhere anyway so why specify chinese, unless they mean the distinct mercury flavoring?

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
are those (presumably) chinese goons really so out of touch that they just thought the whole world would know that MMs = titties and that people asking about it were trolling? lol

e: and the definition given even says its for vag anyway lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

speaking about standardized testing and the rote memorization that affects chinese students, heres a famous zero-score gaokao essay that gets posted every once in a while, its pretty good imo

:smith:

lol the red cross ladies name is "Vagina"

oh china

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Modest Mao posted:

that's not what that means yo

Hobo By Design posted:

MM = 妹妹

[mčimči / mei4 mei4]
noun.
Little sister, young girl, pretty girl, or a girl’s private part. Often written as “MM,” which usually refers to a young girl or pretty girls. It can also refer to a girl’s vagina, her “little sister.”

:colbert:

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
burritolingus is pretty clearly pretty debilitatingly autistic and its kinda weird that you guys keep harping on his dumb views when its obvious he'll never get it, doesnt want to get it and may not even be mentally capable of getting it so just let it drop you stupid fucks

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

burritolingus posted:

Sorry, bad joke.

yeah but you had them going a while with that gimmick lol nice one

its one thing to fool people with funny joke responses but its a whole nother ballgame when you do it with unfunny posts

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

i wish we had more authentic chinese goons who could actually tell us the internal reasoning as to why they didnt take the kid to the bathroom because i am honestly very curious

im fine with everyone quoting this and saying 5k years culture me go pee pee in coke now, but if anyone actually knows/talks to the kind of chinese people who do this please enlighten us its been so many pages of chinathreadding and i just want to know

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

burritolingus posted:

Hey, I agree, hence the bad part. Don't worry about it, post some pics, and enjoy your nugs.

dont tell me what to do

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Morkies posted:

so, if something loves you that makes it worth more? how does that make sense

its sad when a goon tries to be funny by spitting out a joke he saw another goon post and imagining him eagerly hitting the post button with a gleeful smile and then refreshing every few seconds is bumming me out

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Rickycat posted:

thats a whole lotta urine in that pool

you mean a little bit of water in a large puddle of urine

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

yeah thats my fav luchadore tag team

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Oh, yeah, that's a cop

Should've probably said that

no you did the right thing by posting a bizarre pic without context that makes china look like a fallout-esque hellhole

good job

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

I asked my 16 year old Chinese exchange student. Now, understand he's a rich city kid.

He says it's because they're a bunch of stupid, poor, dirt farmers who don't know any better. He also says it's the result of the rising middle class. You have people who've lived in dirt huts in the middle of nowhere suddenly being able to do things like live in a city, or travel a bit for the first time ever.

right but this is just the bullshit line pushed to justify it to foreigners and the upper-class. "pay no attention to our poors, they are subhuman, dont worry about it." i get that, i understand that the problem is breeding an underclass of unsalvageably gross and uncouth people that are unable to integrate with new locales

i want to hear that specific moms reasoning, or the grandma, or whatever, or a representative opinion from someone who thinks thats a good thing

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 7, 2015

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

goldboilermark posted:

i know an american girl who married a chinese guy and they have a kid now, and the kid wears the little hole-pants where it can just start pissing or making GBS threads wherever it wants, and the girl said it is better for the child as it learns to potty train. also, her husband insists that bathrooms are dirty, because people don't use the toilets well, so its better to go somewhere else.

don't know if it can speak for everyone's thought process, tho the mindset kind of explains why chinese people are tripping over themselves to leave the country

this is more speaking to what i want to hear but lack of logical reasoning skills and basic hygiene understanding cant be the only thing governing it, theres gonna be some old adage they dont share with outsiders about why making GBS threads everywhere is just loving great for the lungs or whatever

its definitely true that its not restricted to china, you only have to go as far as a midwestern walmart to know that people everywhere can and sure as gently caress will poo poo on the ground or just about anywhere, the real difference is that even the chinese people who get why its bad just shrug and go "eh" whereas in america you get prosecuted for it. i know which system i like more lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
i guess i just dont like that y'alls answers keep coming back around to "these people are so mindblowingly stupid they dont bother reading, asking anything, checking something before making assumptions, etc"

it just sounds like low-grade racism to me and i feel like the answer is more than just "this culture does this thing thats rare elsewhere because they are dumber and dont think about how it is logically inconsistent"

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Barracuda Bang! posted:

You know there are a number of people in this thread with years upon years of experience living in the Heavenly Kingdom, correct?

thats exactly why i asked and kind of expected more of an answer than "sorry theyre just idiot untermensch filth, roll with it"

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

That's funny coming from the guy who actually got a probation for being sanctimonious.

That's funny coming from the guy who actually got a probation for all of his posts in every thread being terrible.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
you guys can keep trying to explain it i guess but im not sure im ever going to see it as anything other than low-grade racism

not really a big deal, i was just raised in an environment where treating a certain type of people like they have lesser faculties and lower reasoning skills just "because thats how it is" is considered wrong please respect my culture

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Accretionist posted:

You're treating us like we have lesser faculties and lower reasoning skills :smith:

yeah but with goons its okay because its true

it is our culture of 16 and a half years please to respect it also

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

You're the one with the ethnocentrism, is the problem. You think everyone naturally asks why and critically examines their actions. Critical thinking is a skill like any other, if it isn't developed you suck at it. Chinese education does not develop it. Chinese society will still throw you in prison if you use it in certain ways--not so much now, but within quite recent living memory people were literally shot in the head in public for critical thinking. Most of us on this here forum think critical examination is natural, but it really isn't. We were socialized that way because our culture values it. Even then there are plenty of people who are lovely at it or don't bother. Critical thinking is hard.

im just loving around friend it was an easy opportunity to rile a bunch of goons up by calling them racists

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

Cambodia had it worse and people there are somewhat careful with their food hygiene and don't poo poo in the street, and value education, critical thinking, hard work and creativity hugely. China can't blame the cultural revolution and dumb peasants for everything but if they're going to try what I want to know is why their dumb peasants are so much worse than anyone else's. The truth is they don't culturally give enough of a poo poo about a lot of things that most other cultures do care about. There might not be a reason anyone can point to but the standards on the Mainland are notably bizarre in some ways and you see whatever the root cause is manifest itself in many way -- over the top and dangerous laxity in construction and industrial oversight, street making GBS threads, yelling into your phone on a packed elevator, ignoring lines if you can, never holding the door for someone, refusing to help someone who's been in an accident, foreign policy opinions, all of this poo poo is related in a weird way.

yeah i do agree with this though, ive been to plenty of countries that had a lovely/crazy recent history and made it out much better than china, maybe just due to scaling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

That's because you're part of the generation in America that explains every misunderstanding or problem on racism without actually examining things. No why, just racism.

if you got all the way to that post without realizing i wasnt being genuine then im concerned for you

• Locked thread