Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
So according to Fox News, the population of the city of Birmingham in the UK is 100% Muslim, and it's a no-go area for non-Muslims, oh and also, according to this same guy - in London, squads of Muslim police officers roam the streets and beat up people not wearing full Muslim religious dress.

This is literally what a "terror expert" on Fox News says.

http://news.sky.com/story/1406128/pundit-sorry-for-saying-birmingham-is-100-percent-muslim

I'd better ring my auntie up and tell her she's a muslim, because she might not have got the memo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i went to birmingham once and now i'm a muslim

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

quote:

WHY does he have to appologise for telling the truth ???

Again, a democracy that does not practice what it preaches because the truth hurts.

This is a subject that has to be addressed and halted.

We do not want britain to be a muslim state, this is our country not theirs, why is the government allowing in all these muslims and creating a serious situation for the present and for sure the future ??

We have pride in OUR culture and want to keep OUR culture.

With muslims its their way or no way and that how their religion is indoctrinated to them from birth and 5 times a day thereafter.

A sure recipe for insane robotic beliefs that will lead to conflict.

So what is the government going to do about it ?????

quote:

I live in Birmingham and Steven Emerson is not far from being right and should not have to apologies.

When I was in Primary School, in the 80s, I didn't know one person who wasn't white; apart from a boy in my class who's Dad transferred jobs and was based in the Midlands for a short time, but that boy left after year or so. For the first 10 years of my life I hadn't met one black person. It wasn't until 1990, when I was in Middle School that a Sikh boy joined the class (he was sadly bullied due to his headwear).

I live in an affluent part of the city, very Middle Class, and from being an area that was almost a majority being white, now when I see the children in my former school, there is a noticeable change in the ethic mix.

Also, the road that I have lived on for most of my life, was 100% white, now, there are at least a dozen none white families.

I am not racist or find the above wrong or anything bad, only I am merely pointing out that in the past 20 years, the cultural landscape has changed, significantly

quote:

Yes, he messed up, which is a pity, because he had some valid points.

There are some parts of French cities that have become impossible to police, so this has been handed over to approved Sharia committees.

In areas of some British cities, Sharia vigilante squads are meting out justice to perceived transgressors.

These are the facts.

ugggggghh, don't read the comments, why did I read the commeasdaeuigjksdthjsdf

:smithicide:

Dravs fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 12, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol fox news

If you had any balls at all america you would shut fox news down for dangerous levels of misinformation and stupidity

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

in the german market on chirstmas everyone was a muslim buying bratwurst's and beer.

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

"Religious police", aka 4 or 5 guys in a youtube video.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zzulu posted:

lol fox news

If you had any balls at all america you would shut fox news down for dangerous levels of misinformation and stupidity

They say the things nobody else would ever even think about*

* saying.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
Fox news makes The Onion look like CNN.

Wait ...

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Zzulu posted:

lol fox news

he owns your media too, stupid

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
any % muslim is too many

tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

He only has Sky news on TV, it's dogshit but even then it's not as bad as Fox news.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I live in London and currently I'm at work and dressed modestly. Coincidence????

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
hey uk stop stealing bama's city names

tia

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I thought birmingham was asian, ever since i saw that huge Wing Yip complex.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Birmingham, Alabama is a 100% KKK city

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
As-salam alaykum to the brothers in Birmingham.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Birmingham? More like Birmingstan.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

lol fox news

technically they only have one brief show on their schedule that is billed as news, the rest is just punditry which counts as entertainment so they hide behind the fact that any sort of journalistic standards technically don't/shouldn't apply
rush limbaugh and other talk radio blowhards use the exact same dodge and there's not much anyone can do about it because free speech is protected here (which shouldn't change imo)
if it's any consolation their market share is way down from where it was a decade ago

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Whiskey Sours posted:

Birmingham? More like Bombingham.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

anchoress posted:

any % muslim is too many

amen and pass the sliced pork

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
pork is good, but there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Christianity is the best of this family of religions because people were all like, "omg someone ate pork" or something, and Jesus was all "who gives a poo poo lol."

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

Christianity is the best of this family of religions because people were all like, "omg someone ate pork" or something, and Jesus was all "who gives a poo poo lol."

Jesus was extremely chill

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Allah would own every Brit in a fistfight.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

haris pilton posted:

Allah would own every Brit in a fistfight.

Yeah, but no one would be allowed to get a video of it.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
hassle them slimey limies with muslim street police

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Quoting for those who didn't click the link:

Fox News Expert Steve Emerson posted:

Speaking on Fox News, he said: "There are actual cities like Birmingham that are totally Muslim, where non-Muslims just simply don't go in.

"These no-go zones exist not only in France, but they exist throughout Europe ... they're sort of safe havens and they're places where the governments like France, Britain, Sweden, Germany don't exercise any sovereignty.

"And parts of London - there are actually Muslim religious police who beat and actually wound seriously anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim religious attire."

Mr Emerson appeared to be referring to a group called Muslim Patrol which was investigated by the police in 2013 after videos emerged of a street gang abusing and intimidating a man using homophobic language.

He retracted his comments after they drew immediate criticism on social media, admitting he had made a "terrible error for which I am deeply sorry".

User @mattylenton tweeted: "Steve Emerson on Fox News stated that Birmingham, UK is totally Muslim and non Muslims don't go in. This is completely false."

Another user, @HarukaAbe, tweeted: "See, kids? If someone as mind bendingly dumb as Steven Emerson can become a published author, you can be anything. #TheFutureIsBright"

Mr Emerson added: "My comments about Birmingham were totally in error," he said in a statement on his website, adding it was a "beautiful" city.

"I do not intend to justify or mitigate my mistake by stating that I had relied on other sources because I should have been much more careful."

Mr Emerson had earlier debated the issue of no-go areas in France on Twitter with Gerard Araud, the French ambassador to the US.

"A Russian film crew reported on how French police do not enter them & how shariah is enforced there," tweeted Mr Emerson.

"Obviously, if your only source is one crew of a Russian TV ... I can't discuss such serious investigation," retorted the ambassador.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i live in birmingham and my building is full of chinese people not muslims its all very confusing

e: maybe they are chinese muslims, is that a thing. if so thats like fox news worst nightmare

Phoon fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 12, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

proof of concept posted:

technically they only have one brief show on their schedule that is billed as news, the rest is just punditry which counts as entertainment so they hide behind the fact that any sort of journalistic standards technically don't/shouldn't apply
rush limbaugh and other talk radio blowhards use the exact same dodge and there's not much anyone can do about it because free speech is protected here (which shouldn't change imo)
if it's any consolation their market share is way down from where it was a decade ago

my favorite thing they do is the headlines where it's such an unbelievable pile of horseshit that they have to phrase it as a question to cover their rear end, which seems to happen during the "news" segments as well as the blowhard pundit segments

"Is Obama secretly a Gay Muslim Hitler?" We review the evidence!

they are the top cable news network in the US

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The Bullring in Brum doubles as a death ray in summer with all its mirrors, probs the best thing about the place.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

You'd have thought they'd choose a town with a more kosher name.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
What they forgot to report was that Birmingham, Alabama has turned into a 110% muslim community as well. We're converting visitors! They can leave with Qu'ran and a gun!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

The Bullring in Brum doubles as a death ray in summer with all its mirrors, probs the best thing about the place.

the concentrated power of allah

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
well it took a while but at least the "okay fox news just keep it up" tactic is finally paying off

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

With muslims its their way or no way and that how their religion is indoctrinated to them from birth and 5 times a day thereafter.
those children are being indoctrinated with the wrong religion and thats whats wrong with that

its fox news theres probably 2 guys in their building that even know birmingham isnt just some podunk population: 47 48 town

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

those children are being indoctrinated with the wrong religion and thats whats wrong with that

yes

edit: that's true

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

whats the best religion to indoctrinate kids into? sikhism?

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009

Phoon posted:

Catholicism

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Germstore posted:

man the bible forbids people to eat a lot of stuff

- Those that chew cud or have a split hoof but not both (like camels, rabbits, pigs)
- Sea creatures that do not have fins and scales (like crustaceans)

It's just that no one gives a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Phoon posted:

jew so you can touch babydicks

• Locked thread