Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
But maybe three more'll cover it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Post your favorite tech for staving off the persistent urge to self obliterate after becoming aware of the stultifying darkness of a rudderless age ITT.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I have zero ipads because I have a phone and a computer. like what is an ipad going to do for me OP?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm postmodem myself :xd:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

1gnoirents posted:

I have zero ipads because I have a phone and a computer. like what is an ipad going to do for me OP?

oh it's super good; sort of like a phone but much bigger, which means it covers up more stuff that's happening around you and it's easier to read text while you're crying for no reason you can readily understand. plus no one can call you on it, which is great because it minimizes the amount of time you're forced to endure the sinews of confusion and desperation threading through the voices of your friends and loved ones as they desperately try to maintain composure. it comes in handy in other ways too, like when you're sitting on a bench waiting for a bus and you see a homeless man across the street, pissing against a cemetery wall and then he just sort slumps down into the piss and goes to sleep or has died or whatever; just get out the pad and play Angry Birds: Transformers. & it comes with a little piano program that you can play the same minor key on, over and over, while you stare out the window & your dinner goes cold.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
postmodernism is for boys
neoreactionism is fo rmen

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

that said, there's still a vast empty gulf around the iPad in my soul, & it's colder than the furthest reaches of space.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
My PC and rampant alcoholism fill the post-surrealist hole in my stomach

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

unlimited shrimp posted:

how much merch is involved, because lots of meaningless signifiers of a Utopian prosperity eternally just beyond mankind's grasp are important to me.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Try filling it with companionship, or better netflix selections

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

If you die before your ipad does, would you give it away?

open container
Sep 16, 2008
pretty sure this will solve your problem op

open container
Sep 16, 2008
look how happy he looks

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

drat, I bet that guy never spends his weekends at strangers' funerals

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Eastbound Spider posted:

If you die before your ipad does, would you give it away?

it's going in the grave with me, playing the Benny Hill Theme on loop.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

unlimited shrimp posted:

postmodernism is for boys

is it called dark enlightenment because nobody gives a poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually I find being creative makes me happier than any possession.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

1gnoirents posted:

You can read comics while taking a poo poo, but on a computer

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

LegoPirateNinja posted:

is it called dark enlightenment because nobody gives a poo poo

it's super edgy in the way that only a group of tech dweebs & graphic artists who have memorized the complete works of Evola can be.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my op1 gives me some sort of hope

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

mysterious frankie posted:

it's going in the grave with me, playing the Benny Hill Theme on loop.

A harsh sentence on any consumer electronic device.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
the watch is just mere months away, OP

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

open container posted:

pretty sure this will solve your problem op

i like this thing that looks like a bacteriophage

you'll never have to fall asleep to your thoughts of regret and loneliness again

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

whenever I'm lying in bed, holding the pad over my head, and the pad slips and begins falling towards my face, I think to myself "I deserve this".

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

newreply.php posted:

the watch is just mere months away, OP

gonna just put on the heart monitor and stare at it forlornly while standing by the lake, throw it into the water after an hour.

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009
we have been forsaken, OP

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gonna just put on the heart monitor and stare at it forlornly while standing by the lake, throw it into the water after an hour.

Spend hours contemplating who to share my heartbeat with, realize I don't have anyone to send it to except people from work

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

whenever I'm lying in bed, holding the pad over my head, and the pad slips and begins falling towards my face, I think to myself "I deserve this".

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

oh it's super good; sort of like a phone but much bigger, which means it covers up more stuff that's happening around you and it's easier to read text while you're crying for no reason you can readily understand. plus no one can call you on it, which is great because it minimizes the amount of time you're forced to endure the sinews of confusion and desperation threading through the voices of your friends and loved ones as they desperately try to maintain composure. it comes in handy in other ways too, like when you're sitting on a bench waiting for a bus and you see a homeless man across the street, pissing against a cemetery wall and then he just sort slumps down into the piss and goes to sleep or has died or whatever; just get out the pad and play Angry Birds: Transformers. & it comes with a little piano program that you can play the same minor key on, over and over, while you stare out the window & your dinner goes cold.

naem
May 29, 2011

I avoid the horrors of the modern era by making my apt look as much as possible like an abandoned vault from on of the fallout games

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Don Tacorleone posted:

Spend hours contemplating who to share my heartbeat with, realize I don't have anyone to send it to except people from work

mom so she knows youre alive and doesnt have to courtesy call you every other week

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

newreply.php posted:

mom so she knows youre alive and doesnt have to courtesy call you every other week

Whenever I email my mom she replies with an unprovoked 2,000+ word defense of all of her life choices. Lady's got more problems than the rocky release of iOS 8.0, which is the version of iOS my iPad came with.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
your ipad is from 2014 or 2015, right? I mean it has to be from the 21st century right?

you need hollow consumer goods from the 20th century man, that's your problem. get a bunch of pagers, maybe a handspring or something. an ipad could never fill that role for you, it just doesnt make any sense

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

this Stanhope press really makes sense to me *prints out broadsheet after broadsheet of Leonard Cohen lyrics*

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Despite everything, i actually like this thread.

God job guys, a momentary respite from my dull existance.:yaycloud:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
well yeah obviously it can't by itself, you need the phone and the watch too

duh

you can be happy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

garmin gps tracking device

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Whenever I email my mom she replies with an unprovoked 2,000+ word defense of all of her life choices. Lady's got more problems than the rocky release of iOS 8.0, which is the version of iOS my iPad came with.

buy her an account

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

how big exactly is postmodernism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Don Tacorleone posted:

strava dot com share your meager fitness with the world

• Locked thread