Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I can't remember what it was about, but I'm pretty sure I saw it in VICE magazine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
What a time to be alive.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Cool thread

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I'm pretty sure 'tia' is thanks in advance, but I have no drat clue what "hth" mean. I have seen it used many times, but have been too embarrassed to ask lest the internet think I'm some jive turkey.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Lt. Chips posted:

I'm pretty sure 'tia' is thanks in advance, but I have no drat clue what "hth" mean. I have seen it used many times, but have been too embarrassed to ask lest the internet think I'm some jive turkey.

hope this helps, hth

e: but you were wrong about the first one its "transient ischemic attack"

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

a bay posted:

I can't remember what it was about, but I'm pretty sure I saw it in VICE magazine.

Vice is an official media source full of real journalists.

Or, Americans are so hosed up on CNN/FOX they have no idea.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Every time I see a VICE youtube expose I am glad for my conglomerate controlled media choices.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the serial podcast woman has the worst metaphors. 'like an ominous buoy' was one. fucken idiot *spooky bass roll*

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
the only thing i remember about vice is that in the bitcoin thread someone posted a guy who went to some super secret meeting with a bitcoinionaire and it was in southeast asia or something so he was super sweaty all the time and wearing a white tshirt and he had like enormous manboobs that were in high def under that soaked fukken shirt

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I only source real news from Buzzfeed and The Colbert Report

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Orkin Mang posted:

the serial podcast woman has the worst metaphors. 'like an ominous buoy' was one. fucken idiot *spooky bass roll*

I just started listening to this yesterday and I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mookface posted:

Cool thread

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
tits in rear end

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
heart to heart

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I've been trying really hard to avoid clickbait sites lately. I spent a couple minutes on Cracked this morning and felt dirty afterwards.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
yesi too purposfully avoid professional content aggregators

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

content aggregator?? more like content aggregator...bad

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
content....aggravater

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

*bad poster buckles up belt preparing to go fromn forums poster to internet columnist* ah yes, looks like i'm ready for the prime time. perfect smile, bushido stance, perfect,

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
the vice youtube stuff is okay, but their articles are p terrible hth tia

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
How long until a Vice journalist gets killed while trying to interview Boko Haram about hookah or some poo poo like that?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
vice just started a sci fi short story section and it is very much my get down of late

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
wow wee .20 cents per word.................... i may have to sumbit some story's

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

a starwar betamax posted:

vice just started a sci fi short story section and it is very much my get down of late

Really? That sounds fun.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

burritolingus posted:

Really? That sounds fun.

http://motherboard.vice.com/terraform

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
they some good stuff in there... and some baduns. last night i read a couple thou words about a guy fox mask wearing girl "hacker" exploiting netflix worm viruses or soemthign to turn on reporters cell phone cameras, all from the "first amendment zone"..... a fenced in cubicle in a park

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014

they some good stuff in there... and some baduns. last night i read a couple thou words about a guy fox mask wearing girl "hacker" exploiting netflix worm viruses or soemthign to turn on reporters cell phone cameras, all from the "first amendment zone"..... a fenced in cubicle in a park

for some people that's just a day in the life.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rapman the Cook posted:

I only source real news from Buzzfeed and The Colbert Report

The Colbert Report is dead. :smithicide:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I like when vice talks about weed because they do it in a serious way but it still lets me know theyre cool

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Vice hipsters and Rupert Murdock. Two great tastes in one package.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I just clutched my pearls so hard that they shattered into a million pieces

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.
sounds p cool

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hth = hey i'm horny
tia = thanks i'm ahorny

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
vice is a good way for me, a white person, to learn about why brown people are bad

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
good journalism

http://www.vice.com/read/oh-poo poo-152-v15n8

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

tits in rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlyK-4gUeYs&t=129s

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

BossRighteous posted:

Every time I see a VICE youtube expose I am glad for my conglomerate controlled media choices.

What's the worst one

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Hard to handle

Some posters can't be tamed

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

FUCKIN BALLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf