Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Now it's just 10 reasons why Girls is the best show on TV and videos of pussy bands with sweater-wearing ukelele players covering other pussy bands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open container
Sep 16, 2008
it was never good

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i hate all these 10 reasons, 10 things YOU NEED TO KNOW list sites.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
this particular episode of this show that got cancelled 50 years ago gets a B-

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Doctor J Off posted:

this particular episode of this show that got cancelled 50 years ago gets a B-

'thanks to this review of a dvd found for $1 at the dollar store the author of this review can afford to buy food from the dollar store for the next week".

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
hello allow me to recap episodes of this popular television show by painfully explaining the most obvious jokes

the commenters will painfully explain the more obscure ones, you're welcome

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

not sure if it was ever good, but it sucks now op

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hope they post some racist islam bashing cartoons, so terrorists can put the whole newspaper out of its misery.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Howard Beale posted:

hello allow me to recap episodes of this popular television show by painfully explaining the most obvious jokes

the commenters will painfully explain the more obscure ones, you're welcome

hello, let me recap episodes of this popular television show by painfully explaining everything that happened and then roll the dice.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

but is it worse than TVIV?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

open container posted:

it was never good

much like the OP, your posting, this forum, etc.

nothing was ever good and nothing will be, everything is poo poo

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
a+ this episode of adventure time truly pushed the envelope with its thought provoking analysis of finns masturbation anxiety and confusion over his developing penis

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
thats for real a review they did

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Rambling Robot posted:

'thanks to this review of a dvd found for $1 at the dollar store the author of this review can afford to buy food from the dollar store for the next week".

"ive been reviewing this show for three years now, and i think i just might be able to say that the simpsons isnt as good as it once was"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i liked that article series where the author listened to all the Now Thats What I Call Music cds

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

etalian posted:

no.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Also the comments someone will quote a line from popular tv show, then others will parrot with similar quotes. Really good and thought provoking stuff

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

etalian posted:

I don't read TVIV because I can watch a show and form my own opinion about it without consulting others

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
All the writers moved over to the dissolve.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
example of some cool av comments:

bees??

>BEADS!!

>>BEES?!?

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The Onion was great before the paywall, now it's p. much garbage. hth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

example of some cool av comments:

bees??

>BEADS!!

>>BEES?!?

first!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

thats for real a review they did

These morons would never recognize a real masterpiece, like The Misadventures of Flapjack.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i guess "first!" is the AV Club equiv of tellin da op to kill him are self. what strange customs these savages have...

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
i remember reading the av club in the onion like a decade ago and wondered what was so funny about movie reviews. i eventually took that meta-sincere-review-irony style to my posting. the av club is a fine publication and is a reputable source of information.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bug Bill Murray posted:

I don't read TVIV because I can watch a show and form my own opinion about it without consulting others

But how can you track the plot and the characters without a overly detailed megapost?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
The interview with Tommy Wiseu is good.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Bug Bill Murray posted:

Also the comments someone will quote a line from popular tv show, then others will parrot with similar quotes. Really good and thought provoking stuff

not that there's anything wrong with that.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
the onion itself is still good. as for the av club, just today they declared miranda july's new book the first great novel of 2015. lulu

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Candiru posted:

The interview with Tommy Wiseu is good.

true, but that's pretty much bearbaiting at this point

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I want to present that different relationship, like you have a black, you have a Chinese, you have a pregnant, you have this, you have that, et cetera.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm nobody, Tommy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well the top stories in their music section are on: van halen, men at work, pink floyd, and a couple listicles

man their thumb is just squashed right down the femoral artery of current trends isnt it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
reviews of: the smashing pumpkins, ghostface killah, AC/DC, tv on the radio, jesus and mary chain, foo fighters, garth brooks, elvis costello...

guys there are bands formed in the last five years who have released music yknow

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

open container posted:

it was never good

mlyp!!! HEYO

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Horniest Manticore posted:

the onion itself is still good. as for the av club, just today they declared miranda july's new book the first great novel of 2015. lulu

lol I think that's what subconsciously spurred me to post this thread. I don't even really know who miranda july is but I'm confident that her book is not good

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is "My Year Of Flops" still a thing over there? I used to like it back before podcasts like How Did This Get Made? made it obsolete.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i remember people used to get legit mad there when you made jokes about 9/11

and this was years ago before it got "bad" or whatever

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
The AVClub used to be a weird indie arts paper that came for free with your copy of the weird satirical paper from Madison, WI. It's now a content and listicle producing churn, indistinguishable from the stuff Clickhole is parodying and brought to you by beef jerky co.

I'm old and grumpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Harime Nui posted:

These morons would never recognize a real masterpiece, like The Misadventures of Flapjack.

Flapjack loving ruled

• Locked thread