Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

sexy mouse posted:

It's not that silly, it's what actually happened. No one knows what would've happened in the other scenario.

Sure but using wins against teams they hadn't played yet to defend the resume used to make the selection is asinine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
If they reform the playoffs it should be Any conference champ ranked in the top 12 (using the bowl placement tiebreakers for any conference without a CCG) and then at larges for the rest of the spots and also get rid of the dumb gay committee and go back to either the BCS ranking system or just the coaches/AP or whatever. The way the committee handled the G5 teams this year was pretty laughable.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Maxwells Demon posted:

How can any Big 12 fans argue that OSU shouldn't have been in the playoffs when OSU just won it fair and square by undeniable margins?

Wow 2 wins over some garbage teams that didn't deserve to be there over the TCU Horned Frogs and Baylor Bears, color me impressed. Big 12, bitch.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Mahoning posted:

While we're talking Florida football and the weather.....a reminder that the University of Florida has played only two (2) non-conference regular season games outside of SEC territory in the last 30 years.

edit: and zero since like 1991

It wasn't just sec territory. They haven't left Florida for a OOC game since 91 and won't until that Dallas game.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

LeeMajors posted:

I don't know why fans accuse other fans of having soft schedules.

By-and-large fanbases loving hate cupcake games. They aren't much fun to attend or watch.

Not trying to start a conference dickwaving thing, but I don't think this is really that true. I've seen a ton of SEC fans touting the company line about how FCS teams really want to be there and need the money and their legislature makes them and so on.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

FCS games are bad football, but good for the FCS teams, since they get exposure and money. I'm also okay with FBS teams having a tune-up game against an FCS opponent, since there's no preseason football.

FCS games should be allowed but not countable as a win if you ask me. Only won 5 games + an FCS win? Tough poo poo.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Charlz Guybon posted:

This name can't be real :stare:

It is most definitely a real last name. I have a relation that we call Mama Turnipseed (Mama pronounced like ma'am not mom).

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The NBA is rigged and a joke of a league hth

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Motherfucker. OU's DL coach/co-DC and top recruiter Jerry Montgomery got poached by the Packers.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I'm entitled to pet a dog.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spiritus Nox posted:

To be fair, while those are bad, I'd say they're a step down from "You can hang 'em from a tree, there'll never be a n****r SAE."

Yeah. Singing a song is much worse than actually tying a noose around the neck of the statue of the first black student at your school.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

I was in Phoenix for Spring Training and at one game a mentally challenged fellow in the row in front of me looked alarmingly like Bo Pelini and now I'm not so sure it wasn't actually Bo Pelini.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Everyone knows men's gymnastics is the pinnacle of athletic competition.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

VDay posted:

If you and your roommate didn't make a beer pong table replica of your school's basketball court then what were you even doing?

basketball huh

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Pakled posted:

https://twitter.com/cecilhurt/status/581817193152847873
Alabama DB Geno Smith arrested for DUI. It's his second DUI arrest, after getting suspended for one game the last time. Bama fans, is he good enough that they'll let him keep playing?

Suspended for ULM, MTSU, and Charleston Southern.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Crotch Bat posted:

If your football team was a currency what would it be.

Buffalo nickel. Looks cool, was good a log time ago, but ultimately proved to not be that great and easy to wear down.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Sash! posted:

A location that only has good food or a preponderance of good food seems to be an impossible thing.

Houston fits that description.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
OU-> gently caress Texas -> gently caress Okie Lite -> gently caress A&M -> gently caress Tech -> gently caress Baylor -> gently caress Texas again for good measure -> gently caress PAC 10 refs HE WALKED AWAY WITH THE GOD DAMNED BALL AND THEY TOUCHED IT PRIOR TO 10 YARDS WHAT THE gently caress -> gently caress everyone else -> Anchors Aweigh, bitch.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Samaje Perine is a strong dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

LeeMajors posted:

Everything else was DUI, possession of alcohol or minor marijuana possession. Or the charges were dropped.

equating DUI with MIP or weed lol.

• Locked thread