Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Iamblikhos posted:

Bush wasn't that dumb, to be fair. Somewhat above average, I'd say. He was too uninformed to be President and he didn't care about sounding smart, that's all.

He manipulated the poo poo out of Americans for a decade, making them willfully give up their civil liberties, lives, and limbs, no matter how stupid or crazy their actions appeared to the rest of the world. Bush was a motherfucking genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Shadow posted:

I first thought I would just boycott national elections. My vote for President doesn't mean jack poo poo as I live in a Blue state that isn't going to swing Red. My vote for Congressmen doesn't matter because of gerrymandering. My vote for Senator doesn't matter because they don't give a poo poo what we want. Figured I'd just vote for local folks (mayor, council, gov)

Now my plan is to use my vote to fuel the fire. The more criminal politicians working only in the interests of their top sponsors we have, the faster the populous will finally have that "oh poo poo" moment and storm the castles, knock out a few of these fucks, and maybe we'll do a little bit of a rewrite to strengthen the checks & balances, and prevent "do nothing government" hostage situations.

I mean for gently caress's sake, I finally actually find myself wishing we had a Parliamentary system. Government (PM) can't get votes/support to do anything? General Election to find someone who CAN get the votes. Our system is so polarized at this point, we're only going to get worse if we don't fix how the system is run.

I mean, poo poo, some type of cultural civil war is the only other eventuality at this point if something isn't done.

...serioustalk endoftimes bs in a thread about having literal retards run for president. gently caress me

it doesnt matter. its not important. no one cares. life goes on with or without you. all that matters is how you live your own life. namaste.

you accelerationist scumlord gently caress!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Levi Johnston died for our sins.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

City of Tampa posted:

I've always hoped that someday we will show our displeasure with our broken political system by electing ridiculous celebrities.

already happened

Reagan

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
every single president but one has been white so the answer is a resounding yes

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
whiteness is a profound spiritual mental and physical disability

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

420DD Butts posted:

already happened

Reagan

Yeah but he was kind of coached along by the Republican Party or whatever.

I want a moronic celebrity to announce that he/she is running for office and just get elected organically, against the best efforts of the Very Serious People. Like if Riff Raff was elected governor of Texas or something, that would be amazing. Khloe Kardashian for Senate. Knowles/Gaga 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
President Downs came to washington to shake up the system but he shook it too hard because he didn't know his own strength and now washington is dead

• Locked thread