Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i literally can't imagine not flossing

non-flossers must have entirely new complex lifeforms springing into existence in their mouth on an hourly basis. a veritable laboratory of evolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
im not sure what could survive the acidic environment of constant mt dew code red exposure besides the host goon themselves so maybe you're on to something

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

uG posted:

you cannot truly be better than someone else unless you floss your teeth. it takes like 30 seconds and if you say otherwise its because you are too dumb to learn how to use a piece of string. they even make a water shooting device if the previous statement is true, although you should still floss anyway. whatever sex you are trying to attract can tell if you dont floss, but to use something the average goon can relate to do you really want to mix the remnants of 5 day old cheetos with whatever hot pocket flavor you are currently enjoying? of coarse you do, because you dont floss and are a piece of poo poo.

floss your teeth. even the worst fyad poster that flosses they teeth is better than you if you dont floss your teeth.

they make little sticks to make flossing so simple. if anime or video game characters were real they would floss so there is no excuse for even the most mentally maladjusted goon to not floss they teeth

*cue some "gbs genius" wheezing and out of breath from rushing here to be the first to post some image or comment referring to the hip-hop terminology of the word floss* thank you no one else had that idea v funny and witty. now do it ironically instead because its already been brought up

Gay.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I use those interdental brushes and an electric toothbrush.

Also brush your loving gums, people.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I floss obsessively and don't eat very much sugar or any soda at all, still get cavities.

My dentist told me that my gums are awesome but my teeth are basically made out of chalk. He shrugged after saying this.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
geeze ug you sure make long posts most of the time.

i floss my teeth but it definitely takes longer than 30 seconds, more like 2 or 3 minutes. but i floss every gap twice, once forward and once back. and i have to use a threader to floss underneath my permanent retainer, so that adds some time!

overall, great post bud.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

tuyop posted:

I floss obsessively and don't eat very much sugar or any soda at all, still get cavities.

My dentist told me that my gums are awesome but my teeth are basically made out of chalk. He shrugged after saying this.

It's from all that anal gland munchin.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

JebanyPedal posted:

*Goes loving APE MODE*

KAKA loving DOOKIE DAKA. POOPIE PEE FART poo poo SHART SHARD OF SOLID poo poo. poo poo SO loving SOLIDIIFIED YOU COULD USE IT AS A KNIFE TO CUT A TOUGH rear end PIECE OF STEAK, EVEN GOD drat STEAK MADE OF FECAL poo poo. POOPIE AND PUKIE COMBINED TO MAKE POOKIE THE FARTING poo poo ANUS POKEMON. I CHOOSE YOU POOKIE.

now thasa streama consciousness!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Lichy posted:

also my water of fluoridated and I buy extra fluoride toothpaste so it doesn't really matter my teeth are always shining white anyway

lol you fool! fluoride turns your teeth brown! your teeth are only not brown because of the whiteners in your toothpaste and such!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

quote:

The foundation of water fluoridation in the U.S. was the research of the dentist Frederick McKay. McKay spent thirty years investigating the cause of what was then known as the Colorado brown stain, which produced mottled but also cavity-free teeth; with the help of G.V. Black and other researchers, he established that the cause was fluoride.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
Flossing is like eating little bits of your meal again. second-meal if you will.

also if you dont floss you are a poo poo lord

also if you don't scrape your gums until they bleed just a little then you aren't doing it correctly.

also

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

PromethiumX posted:

Flossing is like eating little bits of your meal again. second-meal if you will.

also if you dont floss you are a poo poo lord

also if you don't scrape your gums until they bleed just a little then you aren't doing it correctly.

also

instead of flossing i just gargle some liquor.

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Mods please rename gbs to the Colorado brown stain

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Flossing is some homeopathic bullshit

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the only reliable cure is a bullet to the head

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Shitlord is an insult for people afraid to offend others.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

RusteJuxx posted:

My oral hygienist said that using the $200 electric toothbrush she recommended provided relatively the same effect as flossing. So, nah, I don't floss.

This. Buy a Sonicare, never worry about flossing again. loving poor.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i'm pretty sure if a dentist tells you you don't have to floss because your toothbrush is good enough then your dentist is a retard and you should probably find a new one

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Luvcow posted:

Shitlord
+1 on saves versus poo poo and poo poo related spells
+1 spell per day from Fecalmancing spells
Once per day may summon a Fecal Golem ally with 1HD per caster level

I assume, from personal experience, it's got a base d12 :smugdog:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I floss like once a week maybe and before I go to the dentist.

Haven't had a cavity in 15 years. Get fukd.

I don't understand the floss to shitlord relationship though. I'm p sure I'm a shitlord but not sure if it's related to flossing.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I floss like once a week maybe and before I go to the dentist.

Haven't had a cavity in 15 years. Get fukd.

I don't understand the floss to shitlord relationship though. I'm p sure I'm a shitlord but not sure if it's related to flossing.

i guess us flossers/sex havers need to reiterate this for the literal retards: flossing isnt for preventing cavities

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
poo poo Lord chiming in.
The color of the plaque brings out the green in my front teeth.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

uG posted:

i guess us flossers/sex havers need to reiterate this for the literal retards: flossing isnt for preventing cavities

Do you mean gay sex havers?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
lol ofc. I floss nice effortpost retard

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

a recent development!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I've flossed every day since I was a child....

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I used to work with this guy who drank several Monster energy drinks a day and at home drank nothing but soda, somehow he was really skinny so I think he only ate like one solid meal, so it was probably a combination of malnutrition, not brushing his teeth, and the horrible poo poo he drank that just had his teeth have all these brown spots and yellowed mess. Every time I saw him open his mouth I just mentally went "Ugh, gently caress drat man."

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I brush and floss and don't drink much soda but I still have tooth problems :(

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

bussy, i dont even BRUSH my teeth

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
i DONT loving care. i dont care about your retarded personal grooming rituals or lack of them. shut the gently caress up. we're all trapped in decaying meat-shells and we have to deal with that on a daily basis why make it worse with conversation? just wash your loving genitals before gettin oral and we will speak of this no further, ever again.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i dont wipe my butt after poops because the squishy feeling betwixt my cheeks is a delight to the senses

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i floss like 3 times a week tho

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
My teeth are in fact grey from smoking but I am anal af about cleaning out the spaces between them and they're all perfectly aligned so I basically have no dental problems, now I just need to visit Spain someday and find a nice well fit girl who has some stained teeth of her own :dance:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smoke my rear end in a top hat.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
harime who keeps messing with your av do you want me to gently caress em up for u i will go apeshit on somebody just say the word

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Beats me, probably a group of people b/c nobody would be insane enough to blow $40 of they own money......... right?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't floss and I got a cavity. I had a filling scheduled but I didn't go because I was too scared. What is getting a filling like? I've never had one.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
yah its probably being organized via irc i've got a guy who owes me a few favors ill crack some heads see if i can get to the bottom of it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Backdoor dealing, backdoor stealing that's how it rolls flosses on Somthing Awful.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

SHISHKABOB posted:

I don't floss and I got a cavity. I had a filling scheduled but I didn't go because I was too scared. What is getting a filling like? I've never had one.

it sucks unless you can convince the dentist you're a huge pussy who needs gas and then once you get the gas you'll want to be getting fillings all the time

• Locked thread