Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Did you ever play the SNES Shadowrun? It's really, really good.

lol

i beat that game, its hard, had to use unlimited lives for the last couple impossible bosses that you have to just cheese to win and is hard even with unlimited lives because the boss health resets when you die

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

numberoneposter posted:

i beat that game, its hard, had to use unlimited lives for the last couple impossible bosses that you have to just cheese to win and is hard even with unlimited lives because the boss health resets when you die

I remember renting it, playing for like 15 minutes and being all "The gently caress is this?"

Swapped it for Bomber Man.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

That is a very interesting opinion I'm sure not a lot of people would agree with!

You were pretty scary earlier, I'm glad you've settled down.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Wicker Man posted:

I remember renting it, playing for like 15 minutes and being all "The gently caress is this?"

Swapped it for Bomber Man.
i would play like a few hundred rounds of MAME MKII with my roommate a few years ago so we were kind of obsessed with that era MKII and MKIII. crank dat bass until the uppercut noise and the fatality tune is rumbling things off your desk.

my friend would win 9 out of 10 matches or something like that he was good, but that one game where i would win would take every dirty trick, every psychological fake out, and a bit of luck. my buddy knew like half of the fatalities by memory and i printed a cheat sheet so he could nail the rest, i think he studied them lol

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ef8SD9gUg

Sonic 1 was a great game.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Colours is legit good, Generations is better than that.

But if you want to play something great, that is what everything after Sonic 3 on up SHOULD have been, open up Steam rightthefucknow and download the demo for Freedom Planet

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/

If something like that had come out for the Saturn, the Saturn wouldn't have mostly sucked and the Sonic series might not have devolved into a 15-year punchline.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

probably the best console controller ever, imho
I prefer its big brother the Saturn controller. The angly, sort of M-shaped version, not the weird half circle one.

Though for 3D stuff, I still like the GameCube controller best. As long as the game works with the button layout anyway, which is most of the stuff I'd play.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

numberoneposter posted:

i would play like a few hundred rounds of MAME MKII with my roommate a few years ago so we were kind of obsessed with that era MKII and MKIII. crank dat bass until the uppercut noise and the fatality tune is rumbling things off your desk.

my friend would win 9 out of 10 matches or something like that he was good, but that one game where i would win would take every dirty trick, every psychological fake out, and a bit of luck. my buddy knew like half of the fatalities by memory and i printed a cheat sheet so he could nail the rest, i think he studied them lol

One time a friend and I spent a whole afternoon practicing Brutalities.

Good childhood, right there.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/4YV5jV3olWI

Has this been posted yet

I remember getting sonic pinball and man that game sucked

The Dreamcast sonic was p. Good

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPsDNh7P2iE&t=540s

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Most of my memories of MK are basically playing it with friends trying to do all the fatalities etc and codes out of a copy of Tips & Tricks magazine which really at the time was most of the zeitgeist/experience of playing the game because they're otherwise pretty poor

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You must mean egm2?

:spergin:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

powerofrecall posted:

Most of my memories of MK are basically playing it with friends trying to do all the fatalities etc and codes out of a copy of Tips & Tricks magazine which really at the time was most of the zeitgeist/experience of playing the game because they're otherwise pretty poor
MK is kind bad, MKII is pretty tight as a fighter, MKIII starts to lose the plot and then they arn't very good after that

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Sonic 2 aged the worst of the series because the main thing it did for the first half was throw you around really complicated-looking stages with very few spots that you could actually screw up. Sonic 1 had better platforming stages (especially Labyrinth and Scrap Brain) and S3&K went all-out with long hazard-heavy stages and enemies/bosses that would damage you if you attacked them from the wrong direction or at the wrong time.

Also the best platformer on Genesis is Rocket Knight Adventures.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

MK is kind bad, MKII is pretty tight as a fighter, MKIII starts to lose the plot and then they arn't very good after that

UMK3 was good. but they were all shite compared to SFII and SF ALPHA 3/

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Wait... Mortal Kombat has a plot?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone played that Sonic Boom game yet? It's supposed to be worse than 06 but I have hardly heard anyone here talk about it

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

Has anyone played that Sonic Boom game yet? It's supposed to be worse than 06 but I have hardly heard anyone here talk about it

it ranges from buggy mess to boring mascot platformer

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Agent Escalus posted:

Colours is legit good, Generations is better than that.

But if you want to play something great, that is what everything after Sonic 3 on up SHOULD have been, open up Steam rightthefucknow and download the demo for Freedom Planet

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/

If something like that had come out for the Saturn, the Saturn wouldn't have mostly sucked and the Sonic series might not have devolved into a 15-year punchline.

The Saturn really needed a 3D Sonic game to match Super Mario 64. I fully believe if they had delivered that SEGA might still be a console manufacturer today. I don't think this game alone would've saved the Saturn.

But this is pretty much what Sonic 4 should've been - a proper retro throwback that adds to the gameplay of the core series, like Mega Man Unlimited. Also a good game, as opposed to a lovely afterthought of a game.

The Whole Internet fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 16, 2015

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

http://dumbrunningsonic.tumblr.com

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
didnt know mario fan projects started to look cool after all this time
smbx return to dinosaur island
smb odyssey
super mario fusion revival

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Whole Internet posted:

But this is pretty much what Sonic 4 should've been - a proper retro throwback that adds to the gameplay of the core series, like Mega Man Unlimited. Also a good game, as opposed to a lovely afterthought of a game.

i am still stunned that sonic 4 was as bad as it was. even more so that each episode was totally loving poo poo in completely different ways. i don't get how you can make two games that badly without actively trying to.

gary oldmans diary posted:

didnt know mario fan projects started to look cool after all this time
smbx return to dinosaur island
smb odyssey
super mario fusion revival

return to dinosaur land is the best romhack i've ever played because it actually just feels like a natural expansion of super mario world that nintendo would have made. it is really good and at some point i'ma put it in an snes repro cart for my collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

OneEightHundred posted:

Also the best platformer on Genesis is Rocket Knight Adventures.

That game owns.

• Locked thread