Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

cyclonic posted:

It was a promotion thing HiRez did to help boost interest in the eSports scene. You were supposed to buy the "Season Ticket" and basically bet on who you'd think would win in the pro games. You'd be awarded fantasy points for guessing correctly.

It's too late now to pick any games because the Smite World Championship is over for Season 2. So the only way to get fantasy points now is to win games while having their loading frame selected (it was supposed to advertise the pro games for them).

Get enough fantasy points and you'd unlock rewards (announcer packs, skins, more frames).

Promotion ends when Season 3 starts in early February so if you didn't get it already, you'd have to pretty much marathon this weekend to get all the rewards.

Has there been any word on if they're doing this again for season 3? I didn't manage to finish mine because of how I stop playing for months sometimes but it was still interesting getting rewards every now and then for just playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

You can also just spend gems on fantasy point packs to get the rewards if you really want the Hou Yi and/or Sylvanus skins.

Sylvanus skin is pretty good. "Sci-fi torpedo launch noises, pewpew pewpew pewpew!"

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

cyclonic posted:

It was a promotion thing HiRez did to help boost interest in the eSports scene. You were supposed to buy the "Season Ticket" and basically bet on who you'd think would win in the pro games. You'd be awarded fantasy points for guessing correctly.

It's too late now to pick any games because the Smite World Championship is over for Season 2. So the only way to get fantasy points now is to win games while having their loading frame selected (it was supposed to advertise the pro games for them).

Get enough fantasy points and you'd unlock rewards (announcer packs, skins, more frames).

Promotion ends when Season 3 starts in early February so if you didn't get it already, you'd have to pretty much marathon this weekend to get all the rewards.

Awesome, thanks for the info. The only Season 2 reward that I only really want is the Japanese Pantheon player card. So I'll give season 3 a shot, there's no reason not to now that I understand what that is.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

patch notes: we have homogenized all items to make them equally unappealing

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Awesome, thanks for the info. The only Season 2 reward that I only really want is the Japanese Pantheon player card. So I'll give season 3 a shot, there's no reason not to now that I understand what that is.

That's not in the season ticket. Do you mean the loading frame cuz that was part of the odyssey.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

kojicolnair posted:

Has there been any word on if they're doing this again for season 3? I didn't manage to finish mine because of how I stop playing for months sometimes but it was still interesting getting rewards every now and then for just playing.

No official word from HiRez about doing the same thing for Season 3.

But it seems like a great idea - it both promotes their eSports scene and incentivizes people to play their game. It'll probably be more expensive or a harder grind the second go-around though.

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

cyclonic posted:

It'll probably be more expensive or a harder grind the second go-around though.

I hope not, I play pretty regularly and I'm still not going to get sylvanus before this shebang ends.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
What? Xbone didn't get it until later and im less than 1000fp from the epic border

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

The dream!

Rama Astral strike with red pot and full triple crit build through three people.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
This was pretty funny.

Joined up for a second round against a guy who hated that we lost the first. I started loving with him, he left the game early, started feeding around 12 minutes in to try and make us lose, we somehow still pulled it back for a win.

I have no idea how, I was playing like utter poo poo.

I know my mic is far to loud i'll fix that sometime

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Season 3 PTS patch notes round 2

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So we're really just not doing anything about Sol?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

rip Ares, glad I already have him at diamond.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

So we're really just not doing anything about Sol?

Polynomicon doesn't proc off her 2 anymore. This is a step in the right direction.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Looking for a clan invite, in-game name is Motsew.

Normally poo poo at most MOBA's but I'm giving this one a go and hoping I don't suck as much since it's 3rd person and target based.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Syrinxx posted:

rip Ares, glad I already have him at diamond.

I'm grinding out the last 90 or so worshippers I need this weekend and then i'll never be touching him again it seems.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
What did happen with Ares? Besides 9/10 "we went overboard" on nerfs.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
See this?

"Ares throws chains out to all enemy gods in an area around him. All enemies hit by the chains are pulled to Ares after 2.5s, taking damage and are Stunned plus additional time for each enemy god hit by the ability."

They're removing that bit. Now its a bit harder to really punish teams for grouping up like idiots, in addition to every character having beads from the get go if they really like.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Man people are all bent out of shape with the changes or lack of changes in the last PTS notes, to the point of them threatening to quit Smite. I mean come on. Really?

:byewhore: especially those salty diamond Sol mains. MY FREE DAMAGE THO :negative:

Ares is fine. They nerfed the stun after the ult.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
BUT IT WAS SO FUN :negative:

My friends aren't good at the game and it takes them a couple of seconds to stack the realise i've pulled and stack the ults, so I really liked the stun

It is a bit weird that they're leaving sol's 2 as a basic attack, but without the ability to proc poly. They should change that to something else just to avoid confusion, because I can see that throwing new players.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
UGH! Yeah Sol players complaining that their free 500 damage is gone can go to hell.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I'd rather them nerf the rampant CC in the game on a god-by-god basis over time than revert the Beads changes. Beads were essentially mandatory which was never very healthy for the game. I understand change is scary but it'll make for a much more interesting game if 1 out of 2 Relic slots aren't automatically spoken for no matter what your role.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
I did it! I carried as Ne Zha solo in a Conquest against Weak3n on PTS.

edit: I'm going to try and find the game on his past broadcasts when he stops streaming.

http://www.twitch.tv/weak3n/v/38215129

He spends most of the game blaming his team.

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 28, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Here is the new Kuku skin in motion~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT9_inpiU7w

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

dogstile posted:

See this?

"Ares throws chains out to all enemy gods in an area around him. All enemies hit by the chains are pulled to Ares after 2.5s, taking damage and are Stunned plus additional time for each enemy god hit by the ability."

They're removing that bit. Now its a bit harder to really punish teams for grouping up like idiots, in addition to every character having beads from the get go if they really like.
and they increased blink cooldown dont forget

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

dogstile posted:

It is a bit weird that they're leaving sol's 2 as a basic attack, but without the ability to proc poly. They should change that to something else just to avoid confusion, because I can see that throwing new players.

She still can Soul Reaver people.

It's just with the Poly nerf she can't chunk out a third of someone's health at level 5ish anymore. Now she has to wait and invest more money. And now at level 14ish she can't chunk out 2/3 of someone's health in one shot.

:smallest violin: Go play Ao Kuang you Sol mains, he got some much needed buffs :smithicide:

Shab posted:

I'd rather them nerf the rampant CC in the game on a god-by-god basis over time than revert the Beads changes. Beads were essentially mandatory which was never very healthy for the game. I understand change is scary but it'll make for a much more interesting game if 1 out of 2 Relic slots aren't automatically spoken for no matter what your role.

I'm agreeing with everything but I don't want a huge nerf across the board on all cc.

People are complaining that %cc-reduction is useless on mechanics like pulls, knockups, etc; and that the gods with these mechanics are OP (Ares). This needs to sink in to those people:

Season 1 & 2 beads was a crutch and now you need to adapt. Just like how HoG was for supports and the solo lane.

There's plenty of ways avoid getting pulled by Ares but now you will actually need to sacrifice something (an ult, an item slot for Magi's, or several slots for Cloak of Sorrow/Bulwark) instead of having a 900 gold all encompassing get-out-of-cc-free-card (plus -5s cooldowns WTF). Those super glassy cannons with no immunities just became really glassy, but with the buffs to certain items they're also more...cannony. It's a bigger risk-reward now.

coca bojangles posted:

Did you try Death's Toll solo on Ne Zha in another game? How did that go?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Ares ultimate is basically a "use your beads now!" ability and it can get frustrating to have it whiff more often then not. If S3 changes cause less people to buy beads in favor of other actives or CC reduction gear, then his ult will probably stay around the same power level. I'm a lowly xbox player so I won't find out till everyone else on PC does.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

For the people playing on the PTS: How are those new items? It's always exciting when these kinds of games add completely new item trees to the game. On the downside I'm going to have to go through all my builds and switch things around. That's probably the first few hours of playing season 3 for me.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

cyclonic posted:

I'm agreeing with everything but I don't want a huge nerf across the board on all cc.

People are complaining that %cc-reduction is useless on mechanics like pulls, knockups, etc; and that the gods with these mechanics are OP (Ares). This needs to sink in to those people:

Season 1 & 2 beads was a crutch and now you need to adapt. Just like how HoG was for supports and the solo lane.

There's plenty of ways avoid getting pulled by Ares but now you will actually need to sacrifice something (an ult, an item slot for Magi's, or several slots for Cloak of Sorrow/Bulwark) instead of having a 900 gold all encompassing get-out-of-cc-free-card (plus -5s cooldowns WTF). Those super glassy cannons with no immunities just became really glassy, but with the buffs to certain items they're also more...cannony. It's a bigger risk-reward now.

Yeah definitely, I'm all for having to actually think about countering these things through itemization (or picks/bans in league). I didn't mean to imply ALL cc should be straight up nerfed, only that people are freaking out about Ares when that's a very targeted, very sensical nerf in this new Beadless world we find ourselves in and similar approaches should be considered for other gods--and I don't even have anything in mind specifically as I haven't put much time into the PTS.

One thing I think they absolutely should do is make CC Reduction apply to knockups.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Jimbot posted:

For the people playing on the PTS: How are those new items? It's always exciting when these kinds of games add completely new item trees to the game. On the downside I'm going to have to go through all my builds and switch things around. That's probably the first few hours of playing season 3 for me.

There's a few really OP items (Spear of Desolation, Doom Orb), and a few "wtf is this" items (Runeforged Hammer, Frenzy); but overall I like them.

Shab posted:

Yeah definitely, I'm all for having to actually think about countering these things through itemization (or picks/bans in league). I didn't mean to imply ALL cc should be straight up nerfed, only that people are freaking out about Ares when that's a very targeted, very sensical nerf in this new Beadless world we find ourselves in and similar approaches should be considered for other gods--and I don't even have anything in mind specifically as I haven't put much time into the PTS.

One thing I think they absolutely should do is make CC Reduction apply to knockups.

Agreeing with you again, I didn't think you meant all cc - I just wanted to add to the discussion.

I remember reading somewhere that cc reduction doesn't work on knockups mainly due to some limitation the engine that Smite is on. It has something to do with having the animation line up with it - this was a problem when they reduced the timer on Chang'e's 2. And it was a problem for a way longer time than it needed to be.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

coca bojangles posted:

He spends most of the game blaming his team.

I mean he did have only one death, the most gold and kills on his team. I haven't watched the video but by the stats alone I can see that xballer was useless and most everyone was feeding their brains out.

I like most of the changes so far, and I like the change to Ares' ult, even as an Ares player myself, if they're dead set on keeping beads on a high cooldown then there has to be some ability to counter it. At least this way you can beads every other time you get caught, and try to aegis the ones in between after the brief stun to try to mitigate the other three ults you're about to take. This will especially help in Joust, you can kinda spread out other places but the joust lane and jungle areas are very narrow, so trying to spread while fighting is incredibly difficult. Still going to either ban Ares in ranked or play a lot of gods with CC immunity regardless.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wish this game had a random god button

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Brannock posted:

I wish this game had a random god button

I play 90% assault these days specifically because I'm too lazy to pick a god.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

Ares ultimate is basically a "use your beads now!" ability and it can get frustrating to have it whiff more often then not. If S3 changes cause less people to buy beads in favor of other actives or CC reduction gear, then his ult will probably stay around the same power level. I'm a lowly xbox player so I won't find out till everyone else on PC does.

Gt?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Admiral Cool - gt
I typically play for an hour or 2 after my kid goes to bed.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cyclonic posted:

The dream!

Rama Astral strike with red pot and full triple crit build through three people.

drat, people still use HoG? :smuggo: Nice trip tho

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cyclonic posted:

Polynomicon doesn't proc off her 2 anymore. This is a step in the right direction.

no joke, poly was the first thing I'd rush for adc sol and goddamn

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

dogstile posted:

This was pretty funny.

Joined up for a second round against a guy who hated that we lost the first. I started loving with him, he left the game early, started feeding around 12 minutes in to try and make us lose, we somehow still pulled it back for a win.

I have no idea how, I was playing like utter poo poo.

I know my mic is far to loud i'll fix that sometime

all I have to say about that Xing is...

not gonna play, but picks. Sits in fountain all game, then tries to feed once he realizes you're winning without him. I'm glad you guys won that, that was sweet

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 29, 2016

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

drat, people still use HoG? :smuggo: Nice trip tho

That wasn't HoG. That was a proc off a new item in the PTS.

quote:

Cloak of Unrelenting Sorrow [New]
Branches from Cloak of Concentration.
+60 Physical Protection, +60 Magical Protection, +15% Cooldown reduction. Passive – If you take damage below 30% Health you unleash a shockwave that stuns all enemies within range 20 for 1s and gain Crowd Control Immunity for 1s. This effect cannot trigger more than once every 90s. Cost 3600.

The same effect procs off Ares when I chase him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Nucular Carmul posted:

I mean he did have only one death, the most gold and kills on his team. I haven't watched the video but by the stats alone I can see that xballer was useless and most everyone was feeding their brains out.

He played Amaterasu.

I played Ne Zha.

'nuff said.

• Locked thread