Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Shab posted:

Huge item balance patch coming next week to the PTS

https://twitter.com/HirezScott/status/556917343452811264

So they are essentially ensuring a whole new meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Kazvall posted:

Yeah, gently caress Apollo. He's always been way too good.

I would love for changes to come to make Apollo and Neith seriously downplayed for a change.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

syriquez posted:

The problem with Apollo is that he is one of two gods that has no viable counter to a role he can play: Pusher. The teleport actives, first off, don't get you there in time to save the tower (especially when he simply goes "HUEEEE" and has a free 50 physical protection against its attacks...). After that, you're looking at a 240s-120s cooldown item against a god that can be back every minute. And then finally, because Smite doesn't have a Glyph of Fortification or anything similar, he simply takes your towers after a certain amount of time has passed. You can't stop him. He just guarantees it.

Unless he had some seriously bullshit nerfs applied to him (like...straight up unfair changes that would make him unplayable), his ultimate alone means Apollo will always be a top rank Hunter. It's kind of like old Arachne. She was always called "unable to be balanced" by the devs. Apollo is the same drat way. I mean, the dumbest thing about his kit is that its biggest downside is his non-ult escape is a dash, not a leap. That's just idiotic.

As far as the Hunter Nerfs Incoming™, they are adding the attack speed camp for a reason.

When you look at most hunters, they are usually balanced on the idea of "hits hard, but very weak" I agree with everything up above being serious issues. The attack speed buff, makes me think they are hurting Qin's yet again, probably forcing hunters to focus crits and not unicorn builds.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

I also hope the hunter nerfs do not mean everyone goes Freya/Chronos ADC :sigh:

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Please find me videos of Apollo successfully back dooring towers without a creep wave because I have never seen it but you keep saying it's the biggest problem with him.

Also the attack speed camp is a hunter nerf. Removing their blue hurts most hunters ability to clear early a lot.

I have seen apollo take out a bloody tower that had half health solo, no creeps and then just ulted out.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

His 3 should be a leap and his ult shouldn't have CC immunity until the chariot arrives.

I have no problem with his slide, he needs his protections buff removed off his 2 and I like the no cc immunity until chariot idea.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Shab posted:

With this patch I am crossing my fingers for major kit rehauls for Hades and Anubis to make them more than simply pubstomp gods.

I do pretty good with anubis and the right team comp...

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

When I think of needed nerfs to this game.. AO and Serqet definitely come to mind before.. healers?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

cyclonic posted:

The problem is the counters are there but not enough people use them. If nobody is buying curse, pestilence, divine ruin, brawlers, etc - that team deserves to lose.

I swear I am the only one who actually looks at who I'm facing when I queue up pub matches. Oh, they picked Hel and Hercules? Looks like Beads, Curse and Ruin/Brawlers it is! Solo laning against someone who can heal or self heal? weakening curse it is. Someone who is attack speed based? enfeebling it is and maybe Mid armor for slows. When something is officially "op" is when you purposely build against it and it still wrecks you (like AO and probably a good Serqet). Since I play a lot of Assault, I'm still appalled when I am the only one with any kind of anti-heal build, facing a team of healers. Or people with no actives at all.

The battles in these games are usually determined very very quickly, so popping your anti-heal has to be at the moment your team is going to take advantage of it - or at the very least protect the guardian coming in with Pestilence. The other counter to that is when a healer is getting anti-healed with curse and THEY don't build against that (Winged Blade + Speed Boots)

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Is there a patch notes stream today? I could have sworn I read somewhere that today would be patch notes, with items preview, class nerfs, and PTS would go up later tonight?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Is Wednesday then the patch day?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

The way they were talking I don't think the stuff in the patch notes preview is going to be up this week.

That's why I'm asking they sort of acted like there was more changes coming - but I wasn't sure if they were going to keep pts'ing these changes.

Might as well release what's working first?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Shab posted:

This is somewhat curbed by tank itemization being much, much more varied. No more Watcher's->Midas->Sovereignty guaranteed starts for every single guardian in the game.

Like I never start this way

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

New Conq - honestly seems to be going back to beta-Smite... it seems to me like a 2-1-2 setup with hunter/assassin on either outside lane rotating into their side camps is the best setup?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

So when does this monstrosity actually land?

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Hou Yi has incredible potential, I treat him like a surprise Anhur. Meaning that when I've poked someone down suddenly pouncing on them with the three (assuming you have them under Mark of the crow. Then ult then 1 to freeze them there is usually plenty deadly. He is also a great escape artist. I like playing him but his lane clear is so bad.

After season two begins though have to wonder if Xbal and Hou will it become more threatening conquest hunters.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Patch is up.

And she's a beauty.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Mr. Neutron posted:

The Xbone version they showed at the SWC had a different UI, similar to the old one, not this new Starcraft crap. The feedback so far's been quite negative so let's hope they do something about it.

Every so often HiRez changes the UI, then people set it back or hate it, and it ends up more or less like it was before.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Xbal and Cupid are great picks now, I wouldn't call them "broken" either. Just because they are "strong" doesn't make them broken. As broken as Apollo's split tower pushes? People just are not countering attack speed builds, like merc attack speed builds back a few months ago, there was a counter, just no one wanted to counter build.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I had some hope for their initial balancing of new gods after Awilix.

Bellona has destroyed that hope.

Bellona is the biggest bullshit since original Bakasura and Original Guan Yu came out.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

coca bojangles posted:

I don't think Bellona is OP or broken at all. I haven't seen her solo carry a game yet, or be that good in multiple roles. She's just new and we aren't used to it yet, that's all boys.

Then you haven't seen the high Attack speed with movement speed Bellonas that I've been seeing.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

I don't know why but suddenly a god will "click" suddenly. Lately it's been Anhur, man he really is underappreciated and has a shitload of utility.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

GuyUpNorth posted:

Going by that logic, Artemis is OP when you can melt people with crits and raw damage on full build and level 20. I think HiRez said gods are balanced by pro players and Conquest, so of course it varies wildly in other modes.

I really don't need to see Bellona in my next league match to know she's anti everything, and can tower dive with impunity starting at level 5

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

I have some extra skins from PAX: three each of Convention Skin Tyr and Alienware Ra.

To claim them, bug me in game.

What's your IGN name? What happened to that Google Doc list of all Goon Smite players? It was handy (I didn't see it on the op)

EDIT:

Patch notes today!

quote:

Let's just say things are going to get a little steamy during the Patch Notes review on http://twitch.tv/smitegame starting at 4pm EST!

Hopefully its Bellona's passive and her 3 going up in smoke.

Dvlos fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 10, 2015

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Ok these nerfs to Bellona are a start but a massive hit to what makes her so broken. Tower diving Bellona with the speed to leave and base back with 10 hp has been the most infuriating thing since original release Nemesis.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

That bow is the dumbest item in the game. Avoid at all costs

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

cyclonic posted:

Dataminers are finding interesting things on her. Although it's subject to change and wild speculation, her ult references a deployable/stealth/execute mechanic. (some kind of deployable statue?)

I'm hoping there's some kind of execute on stealthed enemies, being a big gently caress YOU to Ao Kuang, and also making her a sort of hard counter to stealthed gods which doesn't really exist yet.

I'm going to theorize her that her ult is a statue that does an AOE petrify (albeit) slowly allowing Medusa to pick off kills easier unless they kill the ult.

But in this datamining the Ah Puch stuff looks INSANELY cool. Drop zombies? Mark targets? Stun. Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

First game post patch and Bellona only partially face rolled us.

First assault enemy had a Bellona that went 4-4 and was far less impactful mainly because we were trying to zone her away from Chaac to prevent combo ults (it worked most of the time).

• Locked thread