Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hahahahahh no really guys Penn State doesn't have a problem at all, btw these are on the hockey team helmets and the basketball team will be wearing it on shirts tomorrow

It's like they're literally blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Top Hats Monthly posted:

It's like they're literally blind.

They're just looking the other way.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
You know, I was just sort of mildly pissed off that Penn State was in a bowl this year but you know what? gently caress them. The fact that their university covered-up what was one of, if not the, worst crimes in the history of american sports and all they care about is 'Give JoPaw Bawk Hiz WINZZZ'!

You fuckers got off easy, even before the NCAA gave in.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I could be mad at this but I'll just have to be happy with penn state never being all that good ever again

I mean they lost to maryland, illinois and northwestern this year, I'm pretty content with where they're at right now

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the statue will be back up before january is over

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Lessail posted:

the statue will be back up before january is over

mix 76.3% iron oxide with 27.3% aluminum powder to make thermite. to make the military version create a mixture of 68.7% thermite, 29.0% barium nitrate, sulfur 2.0%, and dextrin 0.3%. ignite with a sparkler, a mixture of potassium permanganate and glycerine, or a magnesium strip.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Get the guy who poisoned the auburn tree to knock it back down

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

wheez the roux posted:

mix 76.3% iron oxide with 27.3% aluminum powder to make thermite. to make the military version create a mixture of 68.7% thermite, 29.0% barium nitrate, sulfur 2.0%, and dextrin 0.3%. ignite with a sparkler, a mixture of potassium permanganate and glycerine, or a magnesium strip.

There's a non-negligible chance this has been left sitting around in some lab in the Whitmore basement. Tons of crap got left there. I found some unopened lovely beers from the mid-80s in one of them once!

I left them there.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

wheez the roux posted:

or just line up to piss on it

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Lessail posted:

or just line up to piss on it

tbh it'd be funnier to thermite weld a giant bronze dick to his face. or a blindfold

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If James Franklin gets caught hiding a rape like he did at vanderbilt I wonder what penn state fans will do, be hypocrites and chase him out for being a bad coach, or erect a statue to a .500 head coach in defiance

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

wheez the roux posted:

tbh it'd be funnier to thermite weld a giant bronze dick to his face. or a blindfold

:agreed:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Quest For Glory II posted:

If James Franklin gets caught hiding a rape like he did at vanderbilt I wonder what penn state fans will do, be hypocrites and chase him out for being a bad coach, or erect a statue to a .500 head coach in defiance

The hockey team will put stickers on the back of their helmets that read 7

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Probably he'd just be quietly dismissed by the board of trustees because this place is dumb.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They'll say that's why Penn State should've hired a white coach

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I could be mad at this but I'll just have to be happy with penn state never being all that good ever again

I mean they lost to maryland, illinois and northwestern this year, I'm pretty content with where they're at right now

Penn State had 41 active scholarship players for the bowl, a top 25 class last year, a top 10 class this year, so I think Penn State will probably be a very good team in 2-3 years.

Komet fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 17, 2015

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

They'll say that's why Penn State should've hired a white coach

:rolleyes:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
TFF Approved™ FBS cheering guide

1-126. Literally anyone else
127. Notre Dame
128. Penn State

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Notre Dame is worse because no one ever actually went to jail for any of their crimes. Also I'm pretty sure no one has died because of Penn State football yet.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Komet posted:

Penn State had 41 active scholarship players for the bowl, a top 25 class last year, a top 10 class this year, so I think Penn State will probably be a very good team in 2-3 years.

As far as proofs of the nonexistence of god go, this is a pretty strong one

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Zoran posted:

TFF Approved™ FBS cheering guide

1-126. Literally anyone else
127. Notre Dame
128. Penn State

Yep, looks right.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

wheez the roux posted:

At hostpital lost fingat post mote later.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Komet posted:

Looking forward to the recruiting violations then

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

delfin posted:

At hostpital lost fingat post mote later.

you should try my recipe for RDX and a PETN det booster. imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XDe1qa2On0

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

never forget the worst PR decision of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP_PrnCOi8w

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Actually no penn state will still suck cause hackenburg is a bad Poop QB and no infusion of better talent will unfuck him

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Btw, thank your local Spartan hockey player for beating the loving idiots that proudly wear a sticker for a child rape enabler on their helmets.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Shugojin posted:

There's a non-negligible chance this has been left sitting around in some lab in the Whitmore basement. Tons of crap got left there. I found some unopened lovely beers from the mid-80s in one of them once!

I left them there.

nerd you should have chugged them and met your maker

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I thought the NCAA had a blanket clause where they could basically do anything they want for any reason, plus PSU accepted it. So whether or not it's appropriate for them to police things outside of their scope, I absolutely think that they did have the authority to do so, and this case was so offensive that they had to.

On a karmic level, the consequences for what Paterno did are a complete blip. No other schools will cover up a child molester, but you can bet between this, Miami, UNC, etc..., there is absolutely no incentive from the NCAA to do anything other than win at all costs. Which is fine in one sense, but why does it even exist then?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Joe Paterno is now the winningest coach who was complicit in child rape. Cool!

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Joe Paterno is now the winningest coach who was complicit in child rape. Cool!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also hasn't florida had a top 10 recruiting class for years now, and they still suck

here's hoping the dallas cowboys .500 magic got transferred to penn state

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

also hasn't florida had a top 10 recruiting class for years now, and they still suck

They have 2 national championships and 2 BCS bowls in the last ten years. Yeah, they sucked the last two years because Muschamp can't run an offense, but before that they had a one loss season.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hahahahahh no really guys Penn State doesn't have a problem at all, btw these are on the hockey team helmets and the basketball team will be wearing it on shirts tomorrow

Fire the entire school and fanbase into the loving sun.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

nerd you should have chugged them and met your maker

Maybe Stanely Pringle found one of them, drank it, and somehow it made him do those things he did

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

swickles posted:

They have 2 national championships and 2 BCS bowls in the last ten years. Yeah, they sucked the last two years because Muschamp can't run an offense, but before that they had a one loss season.
They had that success with urban meyer though. And will muschamp (and james franklin) is no urban meyer. RIP :fork: :rip:

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

And fine, if you wanted the NCAA to "expel" Penn State, fine whatever. You're stupid, but that's a way more salient point than "giving football the deathpenalty"

See, I always thought these things were the same. I thought the "death penalty" was the NCAA saying "you can't play football with us anymore."

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There have been plenty of cover ups to protect sports programs. Some of them even involving rape! Yet, the NCAA doesn't and shouldn't get involved in those either.

I'm no poo poo having a hard time coming up with reasons I might not want the NCAA to get involved with coverups to protect collegiate sports programs. Especially in this case. What's an obvious example that I'm not seeing where it would backfire?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Kim Jong Il posted:

I thought the NCAA had a blanket clause where they could basically do anything they want for any reason, plus PSU accepted it. So whether or not it's appropriate for them to police things outside of their scope, I absolutely think that they did have the authority to do so, and this case was so offensive that they had to.

On a karmic level, the consequences for what Paterno did are a complete blip. No other schools will cover up a child molester, but you can bet between this, Miami, UNC, etc..., there is absolutely no incentive from the NCAA to do anything other than win at all costs. Which is fine in one sense, but why does it even exist then?

The NCAA did not just change its mind on a whim. It was going to be changed for them very soon in court. The lawyers are backing them out of their overreach as best they can.

There absolutely should be punishments levied at Penn State for all this, but it appears that legally the NCAA is not the organization to be doing it. That seems to be the reality of the situation, despite what many here would like.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

No organization is going to be punishing Penn State, sorry for spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

I think Texas would be the better analogy here.

• Locked thread