Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I watched this poo poo last night and I'm still getting over all the headshots. My body and mind want more headshots, and I don't think any other movie is gonna give them to me in the same way.

Best gunplay since Way of the Gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I just watched it, I'm glad he got a new puppy at the end.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I kinda liked the sassy hitlady and it's too bad she went out like a punk

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
cept she killed 1 of 2 cameos by The Wire actors and that wasnt cool

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Alan Smithee posted:

Isn't thatt he lady from the Agents of Shield show? Shes p cool

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
it's hard to pick which is better, dredd or john wick

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it's hard to pick which is better, dredd or john wick

nah, its quite easy

dredd is better, john wick still really good and fun though

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Everything was pretty great, it stands out for its gun play and inclusion of actors who were in the Wire. My only gripe was how easy Theon gave him the beat down, even though he was actually a badass. Favorite scene is probably the entire night club sequence.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

am0kgonzo posted:

nah, its quite easy

dredd is better, john wick still really good and fun though

A correct opinion.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

break the hotel rules, pay the price

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

mythadile posted:

Everything was pretty great, it stands out for its gun play and inclusion of actors who were in the Wire. My only gripe was how easy Theon gave him the beat down, even though he was actually a badass. Favorite scene is probably the entire night club sequence.

The beatdown at the beginning? Even the most badass hitman cannot handle a baseball bat bonk to the back of the head.

Also the whole organisation with the hotel and the secret golden murder coins is awesome and hilarious.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Justin Godscock posted:

No love for John Wick having to reload in the middle of shooting up a night club? Marking the first time we see an action hero not having unlimited bullets?

For shame.

Throatpunch a dude with your gun, reload that poo poo, and shoot him in the face, drat

:drat:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i watched john wick right after watching the wire in HD and i couldnt be happier to see lester and daniels both doing well post-season 5 in the murder hotel

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Fonzarelli posted:

The beatdown at the beginning? Even the most badass hitman cannot handle a baseball bat bonk to the back of the head.

No I get it and my opinion is basically wrong. I just thought it was wild how he was this really badass dude living in this big house and considering his background didn't have like ADT and poo poo.

Capn Beeb posted:

Throatpunch a dude with your gun, reload that poo poo, and shoot him in the face, drat

:drat:

I like that someone with actual firearms training apparently taught him and he retained some of it for the role. He shouldn't be looking at his piece while he inserts the mag though. :colbert:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

oldpainless posted:

John Wick is a really good movie and I liked it a lot.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

It was a fun pointless action movie. It was funny when it needed to be, almost certainly didn't take itself seriously, and was quite over the top. did anyone else notice his jersey license plates, and the fact that he was pumping his own gas at the station?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Error 404 posted:

I just watched it, I'm glad he got a new puppy at the end.

i like that the movie was so self-aware they made the new puppy match his outfit

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
John dick

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
I saw john wick and it was really good and fun, I'm looking to get stoned and watch something on a similar level tonight, i.e. just a fuckin fun movie with no bullshit, does anyone have a recommendation...? I already saw dredd the raid and ong bak, also the raid 2: korengal. People mentioning Woo itt, should I watch Hard Boiled?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Way of the Gun is a cool gun movie, the action isn't as crazy as John Wick but if you want more guns its a cool one

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thunderchief posted:

I saw john wick and it was really good and fun, I'm looking to get stoned and watch something on a similar level tonight, i.e. just a fuckin fun movie with no bullshit, does anyone have a recommendation...? I already saw dredd the raid and ong bak, also the raid 2: korengal. People mentioning Woo itt, should I watch Hard Boiled?

Hard Boiled is pretty amazing

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thunderchief posted:

hell yeah. it has more setup then john wick though but it has one of the longest and best continuous action scenes ever

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Keanu Reeves did like 90% of his own stunts, and trained everyday for hours for 4 months in shooting, martial arts, and driving to make the scenes credible.

Keanu Reeves is also 50 years old.

It is a good film.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

thunderchief posted:

Heat is the immediate and most correct answer

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Keanu Reeves is also 50 years old.

Genetics is a real sonofabitch

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ronin

Spoiler: Sean Bean's character doesn't die in this one.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
John Wick and the Raid are some of the beSt action movies in years. Amother cool one is Purge Anarchy which is beautiful looking.

Edit: Dredd too.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 18, 2015

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Heat is cool but it's just so     fuckin     long.

I'll check out Hard Boiled.

e: whose dick I gotta suck for :filez: with harcoded subs :negative:

get me HQ! fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 18, 2015

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's really great what MMA has done for action films.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thunderchief posted:

Heat is cool but it's just so     fuckin     long.

I'll check out Hard Boiled.

The finale shootout in Hard Boiled at the hospital is amazing

also:

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
It's not better than predator. That's just crazy talk

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Similar to Dredd it had pretty weak ad campaign but the actual movie will knock your socks off.

Also lolling at Alfie Allen getting typecast as wimpy incompetent villain.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bishop posted:

It's not better than predator. That's just crazy talk

Predator 2 is my poo poo.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Except for two action scenes (Wick's home and the nightclub) the movie was pretty dull, and the whole last 45 minutes or so were obviously phoned in. After the first two ridiculously well choreographed shootouts, you kinda expect the climactic gun battle to be more than cuts between squibs exploding on surprised-looking mook's heads accompanied by the sound of shots. I love totally mindless action movies as long as they have good action. John Wick didn't. John Wick sucked.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Predator is the best pure action movie ever. All you need to know is that the baddest dudes are in the rainforest and they need to get to the chopper. I don't care what the op says, they don't make them like that anymore

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1txEAywdiw

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

man of tai chi starring some guy and keanu reeves is a really good action movie

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
thank god finally there's a gun movie starring a white guy. it's like all those objectively better gun movies with asian guys, but this one has a white guy so i am able to like it. this excites me

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

TangentEnigma posted:

thank god finally there's a gun movie starring a white guy. it's like all those objectively better gun movies with asian guys, but this one has a white guy so i am able to like it. this excites me

all those gun movies starring asian guys like equilibrium

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

this thread made me watch the movie again. The soundtrack may as well have been straight out of Payday 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

TangentEnigma posted:

The trick is to watch both of them and enjoy them both, i didn't know i had to pick a side on the action movie race war

• Locked thread