Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Serious question - is it actually good? Because I'm hearing people going "the developers learned all the wrong lessons from GTAIV and absolutely nothing from Saints Row", and I'm not sure how much of that is just popularity backlash.

Edit - I'm certainly not preordering this. Don't preorder games, peoples. It's bad for you, and bad for the industry.

The problem with GTA games is that the MTV style 'edgy' tone works with comedy but doesn't work with drama, and they keep trying to do drama. IMO Saints Row is too over the top, the gold standard for these games is San Andreas. GTA 5 is better with it than 4 but it still tries for serious and it's terrible

Like the funny parts of GTA are really funny, but when it tries to be serious it's as douchey as douchey gets. They should have more stuff like Big Smoke and CJ chasing a train full of Mexican cartel goons on a bicycle and less stuff like the torture scene in 5 or the philosophizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread