Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EugeneJ posted:

Crowdfunding has reached a new low:

http://www.gofundme.com/kh9juk

Nope.
http://www.gofundme.com/mermaidtrina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
The sad part is the Mermaid one is doing better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Considering crowdfunding has been used to fund sexual assault how tos both of those are good and cool. Hustle however you can.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Considering crowdfunding has been used to fund sexual assault how tos both of those are good and cool. Hustle however you can.

Please give Officer Darren Wilson money while he is suspended with pay.

Also I assumed the Raw Alternative stuff was a live show and not a bunch of matches from the past that include current WWE developmental wrestler Kevin Owens.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Please give Officer Darren Wilson money while he is suspended with pay.

Also I assumed the Raw Alternative stuff was a live show and not a bunch of matches from the past that include current WWE developmental wrestler Kevin Owens.

Same here. What is the goal of the Raw Alternative? Are they trying to attract new fans? I just don't see how a bunch of old matches with guys most people haven't heard of is supposed to turn people to indie wrestling.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

mariooncrack posted:

Same here. What is the goal of the Raw Alternative? Are they trying to attract new fans? I just don't see how a bunch of old matches with guys most people haven't heard of is supposed to turn people to indie wrestling.

Everyone bitches about the WWE, whether it be creative, the matches, or even the wrestlers themselves. Support companies who tell stories you enjoy. Support wrestlers that entertain you and put on the type of wrestling YOU like. That's why it's RAWlternative. There's something more out there. (and because BoycottRAW was a dumb name, but sometimes you stumble into better things)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

Welcome... to the quiet & introspective world... *slaps chest* of FRANK PARKER!!

http://youtu.be/41NVU-gF3i0?t=3m22s

I was about to say I would take this over at least 75% of Raw segments, then I saw three minutes were left.

I would take this over at least 60% of Raw segments.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Just a handful of bros trying to promote our product and get the word out there. Over 1500 viewers at its peak and 12,000 spread throughout the night is a pretty good start. Plus, I can't speak for anyone else, but I know we made a big chunk in DVD sales that doesn't include whatever sells on SmartMarkVideo, who had their name all over the stream. I don't genuinely think anyone's trying to change the world of wrestling, but it was a fun night for fans of wrestling to dip their toes into some new product.

tl;dr - a mildly successful advertising campaign delivered positive results for both businesses and customers

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

BaldipISW posted:

Just a handful of bros trying to promote our product and get the word out there. Over 1500 viewers at its peak and 12,000 spread throughout the night is a pretty good start. Plus, I can't speak for anyone else, but I know we made a big chunk in DVD sales that doesn't include whatever sells on SmartMarkVideo, who had their name all over the stream. I don't genuinely think anyone's trying to change the world of wrestling, but it was a fun night for fans of wrestling to dip their toes into some new product.

tl;dr - a mildly successful advertising campaign delivered positive results for both businesses and customers

I only had confusion about the show as like I said I assumed it was just one full show, either live or pretaped from a single promotion/super show and not just a clip show. The one match having a WWE/NXT wrestler as an "alternative" was weird planning to me too imo.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
Yeah, I understand the latter point completely, and I'd probably get the former if I weren't involved in running the event. If you notice, a lot of the matches are "name indy guy vs. local star", which is a cool way to incorporate guys that a large part of the audience knows while getting over the talent that's gonna stay around for a while (though, actually, Steen had been with C*4 since the very first show seven years prior). Just so happens that Steen is a dude that most every independent wrestling fan knows AND is currently under WWE contract. It's a good attention-grabber to have him right there at the start.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Building an independent card that will draw interest isn't an entirely different beast from what WWE does. Names get people's attention. Kevin Steen has been a name for years on the indies, the people that only know Kevin Owen at this point are microscopic (he's on a show that only smarks watch and attend, also he was basically signed last month). I like independent wrestling but I can't guarantee I'd watch if it was all people I'd never heard of. I know 80% of those people and my alternative is another heatless Miz vs Uso match, hell yeah I'm watching it.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
If nothing else, the show introduced me to Josh Alexander, who rules.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

If nothing else, the show introduced me to Josh Alexander, who rules.

If you can find his Elgin matches from AIW somewhere, you should. Alexander is seriously awesome and I wish ROH would sign him. Reseda is going to loving love the guy.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Also, guys like Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, Punk, Zayn, Neville were once guys no one heard of, wrestling in the same tiny venues being recorded on lower quality equipment and being just as awesome. So chances are you saw someone thats going to be good on NXT/WWE at some point (Steen doesnt count)(Its Kyle O'Reilly)

Anyway, both Alexander and Bailey really impressed me, and its good to see Delaney still kicking around.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TUS posted:

Anyway, both Alexander and Bailey really impressed me, and its good to see Delaney still kicking around.

Josh Alexander, Ethan Page, and Mike Bailey are three indy dudes that are under the radar right now.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I thought Corey Hollis was pretty good every time I saw him but he seems to have mostly disappeared aside from PWX shows at this point.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you can find his Elgin matches from AIW somewhere, you should. Alexander is seriously awesome and I wish ROH would sign him. Reseda is going to loving love the guy.

If you're going to track anything from AIW with Alexander, I would suggest Wrestlerager Night 1. Wrestlerager Night 3 also had an awesome Alexander/Tim Donst match too that you should check out.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Josh Alexander had a great match with Kyle O'Reilly on the free show Rival Schools that SMASH has up on their website and also has been having really good matches on every SMASH card since then

SMASH is good, watch SMASH with me

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

If you're going to track anything from AIW with Alexander, I would suggest Wrestlerager Night 1. Wrestlerager Night 3 also had an awesome Alexander/Tim Donst match too that you should check out.

I'll have to check that out. I'm only a couple months into 2014 with AIW.

Bard Maddox posted:

Josh Alexander had a great match with Kyle O'Reilly on the free show Rival Schools that SMASH has up on their website and also has been having really good matches on every SMASH card since then

SMASH is good, watch SMASH with me

They have a weekly show that's on youtube, right?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

They have a weekly show that's on youtube, right?

yes, although honestly I've never watched it and just watch their big shows

Josh Alexander is wrestling Biff at their next show and I'm sure that will be great

ozebane
Nov 4, 2009
For those of you in the UK, Insane Fight Club 2's on tomorrow on BBC 1 Scotland. The first one was a pretty good documentary about Scottish Indy promotion ICW. They're pretty fun, Drew Galloway's their current champ, and last episode had Colt Cabana in it. It'll definitely be worth a watch.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

NOBODY won the Xtreme Rumble... Hanson and a local guy were the last two.

Oh man. I just found out that local guy was Antonio Atama. He's a local guy for sure but is pretty loved in XWA. His dad comes to all the shows and yells ATAMA TIME and it's pretty amazing.

That's a bummer about the show, it sounds like it was solid for the most part but the ending was gimmicky. I think that show was streamed though so it should be somewhere.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll be showing a block of Southern States Wrestling tonight instead of Nitro, so tune in at 8 since there's nothing else on TV! http://psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

LoboLoboLobo posted:

Oh man. I just found out that local guy was Antonio Atama. He's a local guy for sure but is pretty loved in XWA. His dad comes to all the shows and yells ATAMA TIME and it's pretty amazing.

That's a bummer about the show, it sounds like it was solid for the most part but the ending was gimmicky. I think that show was streamed though so it should be somewhere.
They said it was being filmed for VOD. It was a fun show but that ending was my kryptonite.
Someone must put an end to Mike Bennett's war against Rhode Island bookers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Figure Four is putting Full Impact Pro on blast for having
Teddy Hart-accused rapist and international fugitive
Chasyn Rance-convicted underage sex offender
Aaron Epic-admitted girlfriend puncher

all on the same card. That's a bingo in scummy wrestling, right?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

coconono posted:

Teddy Hart's been accused of rape?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/04/34-year-old-member-of-hart-wrestling-dynasty-wanted-by-rcmp-for-sexual-assault

seems so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/wrestler-teddy-hart-wanted-on-charges-including-sexual-assault

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He's extended his US tour several weeks to avoid having to return home, even

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lmao now chasyn rance is faving our tweets about it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The two women are his wife and their polyamorous partner according to Teddy. The two are making the allegations up as Teddy moved to Texas to shack up with another woman.

Teddy used to brag about the relationship on the MLW Radio podcast.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rovert posted:

The two women are his wife and their polyamorous partner according to Teddy. The two are making the allegations up as Teddy moved to Texas to shack up with another woman.

Teddy used to brag about the relationship on the MLW Radio podcast.

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

is there a single member of the Hart family not totally hosed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Will Tyson Kidd incorporate these elements into his character

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

chasyn rance

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

Close, the bingo will happen when the promoter skips town before anyone gets paid

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jubs posted:

It was always really odd. It was very "they are here with me but they can't come to the phone" when he was on MLW Radio.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Jubs posted:

I hope he goes over this in The Trials and Tribulations of Teddy Hart

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I wasn't aware Rance was actually convicted. I've been needlessly conservative about calling him a kid fucker, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

If anyone is wondering how fat Chris Hero has gotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2VIwHfS9Wc

pretty god drat fat!

I was at this show, and him and Eddie beat the poo poo out of each other, but man, Hero really needs to switch to tights and a singlet top or something. Or maybe stop eating all the bacon.

• Locked thread