Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
I was playing CoD last night and GummyHoney4550 kept spawn camping me with the Atlas 20mm so I have a good idea of what you went through OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

♫ sayyyyyy a prayer for peace ♫

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

op I thought youd be missing like 1/3 of your head but its not that bad you just have a bit of a googly eye.

also pun involving the word "headstrong"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

limp_cheese posted:

Years ago I was shot by a sniper in the head while in Iraq.

"I was shot" = Hit my head on sidewalk curb
"In Iraq" = Around back of a Denny's
"Sniper" = Day Time Hooker

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

also why would you get a glow in the dark glass eye

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I hope Juba is safe and happy rn.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Fiend posted:

I was playing CoD last night and GummyHoney4550 kept spawn camping me with the Atlas 20mm so I have a good idea of what you went through OP.

I just wanted to thank you for your service sir.

/salute

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
How many mothers choose to kill one of their children instead of you murdering all of them? I mean, I know you murdered them any way, just wondering which ones believed you when you said you would let them go.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

OP come back and post a photo when you've cut your hair and got a cool eyepatch.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Yivgev posted:

also why would you get a glow in the dark glass eye

helps him find it after he gets donkey punched

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does your mom burst into tears after looking at you sometimes? Does she just shake her head and whisper, " Why? Or "look what they've done to my beautiful boy..."

What's the retail market for glass eyes like? Can you get one with like a lightning bolt like the Flash? Or the eye of Sauron? Of course under the patch for a dramatic reveal when the SWAT team come through your living room window.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Bacon Hat posted:

What did you get on the ASVAB?

I'm pretty sure at the time a perfect score was 98. I scored a 97. Give or take a number on those estimates since my memory isn't always the best since the massive head trauma.

Harime Nui posted:

But did you at least maintain Situational Awareness??

I guess? I mean before I was shot I was aware the situation was incredibly boring and wasn't sure what I was even looking for. They seriously teach you anything could be a bomb, because anything could actually be a bomb. I did post the story about what happened immediately afterward. All I was aware then was something very serious had happened and my life was now probably measured in single-digit minutes.

spooky girlfriend posted:

OP come back and post a photo when you've cut your hair and got a cool eyepatch.

I'm going to be making a YLLS thread to help me pick out an eye patch. My fashion sense is at best "hot garbage" and I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to eye fashion.

Yaos posted:

How many mothers choose to kill one of their children instead of you murdering all of them? I mean, I know you murdered them any way, just wondering which ones believed you when you said you would let them go.

They never got a chance. Was too busy raping the mothers while shooting the children.

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Does your mom burst into tears after looking at you sometimes? Does she just shake her head and whisper, " Why? Or "look what they've done to my beautiful boy..."

What's the retail market for glass eyes like? Can you get one with like a lightning bolt like the Flash? Or the eye of Sauron? Of course under the patch for a dramatic reveal when the SWAT team come through your living room window.

She was like that at first. Now its been so long it has become normal.

First off prosthetic eyes are not made of glass. Glass is loving heavy even in small amounts and your eye socket isn't very strong. If you had one made of glass it would cause your socket to start dropping and look really bad.

To get one you don't just go to a store and pick one out, you get sent to an Ocularist. These people are straight up artists. You sit down in their office and they take out tiny bits of red string for veins and a poo poo load of paints. They are able to copy your good eye onto a silicone fake one. I'm talking exact color, redness, pupil, the works. When they first made one for me the guy was complaining that I always came in really early in the morning because my eyes were always red. Of course this was when I was an outpatient and I didn't want to go to formation in the morning, which was mandatory unless you had an appointment. Didn't matter what was wrong with you or what the weather was, you were expected to be there. Guys missing legs and on crutches would always slip and bust their rear end when it was icy. Anyways, this guy makes an exact copy of your good eye over the course of a couple appointments, which last about 30 minutes. He then seals it with resin, which takes a week or two, and you have a new eye. The VA only pays for exact copies. Anything custom costs $1500. As long as you can either get them a reference or can adequately explain what you want you can have anything made. You could even get something inside it but it would have to be so small it renders it meaningless. My first idea was to put a mirror inside of it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

duckfarts posted:

can you get a glass eye with a fish in it? i know very little about the world of glass eyes and how they move or don't move when put in or what varieties of weird poo poo you can get, seeing as you have a glow in the dark one

They don't more, though I did hear some of the other soldiers talk about putting coral in your eye socket so it forms around the eye and muscles in there. I think I asked a doctor about it and he did confirm it was a thing, it just wouldn't work for me.

Shadeoses posted:

Did you meet many Air Force/Navy/Marines while Military Policing? Were any of them particularly rapey and/or retarded?

Where I was stationed in Germany there wasn't a lot of non-Army personnel. There was one guy that lived in our barracks that was in the Air Force but switched over to the Army to be a customs officer. Saying he did nothing all day was an understatement.

To be honest we didn't do much actual Military Policing. Maybe one month out of the year I was there. Even then we just drove around the 3 small basses that were spread out and doing nothing, or we would stop by the clubs and help out the infantry guys that were on duty to make sure other Army personnel didn't do too many stupid things. They had the harder job. Being MPs meant we were given preferential treatment to getting the clubs. The bouncers knew we wouldn't make trouble and stop it if it started, even when we weren't on duty. That wasn't always true, but mostly true.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Really naive question pal, but why the gently caress did you join the military? You seem like a smart guy, but no matter how smart you are, some lovely insurgent fucker could shoot you in the head, as happened to you. Thanks for the thread though, and sorry if this has already been asked, i'm picking through now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

for real though op im glad youre alive

• Locked thread