Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Congrats to the Chiefs on the transitive Super Bowl XLIX Championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

When did ESPN EVER EVER EVER give a poo poo about the NHL?

The 90s? Kind of?

RIP Gary Thorne.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea fair enough, that explains it well. I just had a hard time wrapping my head around an organization of grown men threatening to keep someone out of something huge they achieved because their shoes weren't matchy matchy.

You gotta wear the approved uniform you see. Stuff like this goes back to Jim McMahon's headbands in 1985 and maybe earlier, it's not really new.

Well actually barring a player from the game would be new I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

evilweasel posted:

my god this writer is an unhinged lunatic he even sees conspiracies in tv scheduling

To be fair this just puts him on a level with anyone who cheers for a west coast team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GaussianCopula posted:

If we assume a temperature differential of 50° F between the refs locker and the field, a ball would be deflated by 1PSI just by the temperature, if the ball was inflated with 12.5 PSI to start with.

Why would we assume they keep the ref's locker at 90 degrees?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why? Weren't they like the second worst receiving corp in the NFL?

Sounds like a clear upgrade to me!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It really is amazing how awful they were as a group. Even discounting the no TD thing receivers accounted for 1588 yards this year, which is less than the top three receivers in the league did on their own. Just checked Seattle for comparison and they're around 2100 yards to receivers.

KC made up for a chunk of that with Kelce and to a lesser extent Fasano, but Christ they were bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tremendous Taste posted:

i was referring to week 6 obviously :twisted:

I was going to go with the KC game. To get ahead of the Seahawks the Chiefs just didn't dress any wide receivers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Part of me was cheering against Wilson for a while just because I wanted to believe KC was so terrible in 2012 they fooled Pete Carroll into thinking Russell was a starting QB. His first preseason start was killing the Chiefs.

Sadly he's actually pretty good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think Carroll's the second oldest HC in the league behind Coughlin, although I might be missing someone. He's 63 for whatever that's worth.

e: Belichick is 62.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TeeMerk posted:

were they from the same tree?

I don't think so, Belichick is usually considered part of Parcell's tree and I'm pretty sure Pete never worked with him. I have no clue who you'd say had the biggest influence on Carroll. He was with Jerry Burns and Bruce Coslet (heh) in the NFL the longest.

Monte Kiffin I guess, he he was with him at NC State for three years early in his career and then worked with him again in Minnesota and New York, although by the time they were with the Jets Carroll was the DC and Kiffin the LB coach.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tantric posted:

He was with Bud Grant in Minnesota and still consults with him. He talked to Bud about mobile quarterbacks since he had Tarkinton in Minnesota when they drafted Wilson.

Cool, I saw his name there and thought he was the best head coach he'd worked with but it was only for a year before Grant retired so I didn't know how close they got.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Some fun runs/bad tackling so far in the senior bowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For whatever reason I was under the impression that Wade's one gap 3-4 was easier to switch to with 4-3 guys than what we usually think of with that change.

But I'm all for the Osweiler era so I hope you're right.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think John Fox has always nominally run a 4-3, although I guess there's lots of worry about that in Chicago after googling it because his 4-3 had some big guys (Knighton) at tackle.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

This is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlVZbIVVLGE

Montana rules you plebs.

Montana's tiny chicken legs in full effect here for those who didn't believe us when we were talking about it a few weeks ago.

e: Wow I'd completely forgotten Wade was Denver's head coach for a couple of years there.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 28, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't consider Montana a top 3 QB?

You could go Favre/Brady/Manning or old school Unitas/Tarkenton/Graham or whoever the hell. Lots of people have (probably misguided) ideas.

I'm just pissed Montana got hurt in the 1993 playoffs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TyrionBecomesASlave posted:

Earl Thomas is exactly the type of player that the HoF loves

Well other than the playing safety thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I hope this Super Bowl is amazing to make up for the more idiotic than normal media discussion leading up to the game. Browner telling his teammates to break Sherman's arm isn't even a big deal because we need to talk about Lynch not talking and balls.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Bills too. Hell, the Bengals have a decent qb, 2 good rbs, a great d, and nothing to show for it.

Playoff appearances are important :argh:

:negative:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

davecrazy posted:

So Bridgewater won the fan Rookie of the Year vote.

lol.

Sounds like the Giants need to get more fans.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Who? When? What?

Draft grades by someone somewhere I guess?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Someone should tell Cam about the bleacher report guy who said Tebow would be a star and he'd be out of the league by now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Magnetic North posted:

Who are they talking about being the bad first round pick? Wikipedia says they traded their first round pick to the Vikings.

Wrong draft, that's a pic of Seattle's 2012 draft class.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Dude could immediately convert to WR and start for us. I say give him a shot.

Huh, didn't think about this. Maybe that's why the Chiefs signed Terelle Pryor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

i think he's just a camp body tbh. they just gave him a reserves contract.

Yeah I was joking, they signed him because Bray tore his ACL and I don't think he's supposed to be ready for camp. Also to kick the tired on the guy I guess.

But honestly if Pryor was interested in trying out another position (he probably isn't and won't be) the Chiefs might as well take a shot and he's enough of a freak to have a chance. Probably wouldn't work but poo poo.

• Locked thread