Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I hate life right now but I like making lists, who wants to join me? Playoffs, non-playoffs, who cares!

Packers
5. Shootout vs. Arizona: OT facemask strip sack fumble bullshit
4. Losing to Denver in the Super Bowl: the only redeeming thing about this was Gunz which I don't even remember cause I was too young to appreciate those biceps
3. 4th and 26: there's a Wikipedia page named after it so you know it's pretty bad!
2. Today: I don't even know what happened
1. 2007 Favre game-ending pick: That might have been my favorite Packers team ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
2003 - 201x

But seriously :

Nick Foles drat near breaking the record?
Having a long snapper go down and botching 3+ punts against a winnable Chargers game?
Janikowski 76 yard kick attempt?
Getting stomped 52 points against the Rams?
Almost beating the Patriots in Foxboro until a Wilfork interception?
Terelle Pryor having like a 3rd and 47 against the Chiefs?
It goes on forever

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 19, 2015

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cincinnati Bengals - The Playoffs

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I completely overlooked the T.O. Niners fuckery and Michael Vick making dogs of the Packers in Lambeau back in 2002 but I was probably too busy discovering masturbation and Warcraft, respectively.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

1 eli manning
2 Eli manning

Nothing else matters.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
how did packers fans not know you were going to lose this game after stealing a win by cheating last time? It happened three times in a row (Lions lost after cheating, cowboys lost after cheating, packers turn)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Thanksgiving
Tebow

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Blitz7x posted:

2003 - 201x

But seriously :

Having a long snapper go down and botching 3+ punts against a winnable Chargers game?
It goes on forever

Edit

Joe Flacco catching a long TD pass?
Almost beating a good Falcons team until they poo poo the bed?
Flying 10,000 miles across oceans to play the shitfuck Dolphins?
Losing to Geno Smith?
Going 5-2 with Jason Campbell only to lose him to a broken collarbone and Hue Jackson trades the farm for Carson Palmer who had been sitting on the couch for a year only to miss playoffs at 8-8 on the very last game?
Janikowski missing a 23 yard field goal against the Cardinals

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Steelers

#5) Vs the Bears last year in Week 3 (first trip to see an NFL game live)
#4) Vs the Patriots in the AFC CG in 2004 (in retrospect it's fine of course with '05 and '08 and '10, but man the Steelers can't beat the Pats in the playoffs since the mid-90s)
#3) Vs the Patriots in the AFC CG in 2001 (Kordell :smith: )
#2) Vs the Chargers in the AFC CG in 1994 (10-year-old me was quite sad)
#1) Vs the Cowboys in the Super Bowl in 1995 (11-year-old me was quite sad)

Losing the Super Bowl to the Packers was a let down but Rodgers is cool and it'd be silly to care too much about it after all the recent success.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The Bears have some pretty bad ones.

1. Losing Super Bowl XLI
2. Losing to the Panthers in the 2005-2006 NFCDP
3. Losing to the Packers in the 2010-2011 NFCCG
4. 2013-2014's end-of-season collapse
5. I'm sure there's another I blocked out of my memory.

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009
I'm waiting to see a Bills fan post. Which of the four sb losses was the worst? The 1st, because it was the closest? The 4th, because it kept on building up each year after year? Or maybe peak sadness was achieved by the time they lost the 3rd, and had no feeling left by the time they lost number 4.

So many questions!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The wild-card loss is pretty high up there, also like the two or three Thanksgiving losses before Detroit finally won one a couple years ago. And the Week 17 game @ Lambeau in 2011 where Matt Flynn torched Detroit and Titus Young was robbed of the game-winning TD, thus beginning his descent to madness.

I'd probably have an easier time narrowing down the five best Lions wins than choosing the five worst losses.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Bad news OP. Gunz wasnt swole back then

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

the_american_dream posted:

Bad news OP. Gunz wasnt swole back then

Bump that one up a spot, then.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Cards, bitch
1. BEN ROETHLISBERGER IS AN ENEMY OF PEACE, JUSTICE, AND THE AMERICAN WAY.

Nothing will ever compare to that, but the 2006 Bears game was pretty loving bad. I mean, Dennis Green probably thought it was the worst loss of his career.

quote:

The Bears are what we thought they were. They're what we thought they were. We played them in preseason—who the hell takes a third game of the preseason like it's bullshit? Bullshit! We played them in the third game—everybody played three quarters—the Bears are who we thought they were! That's why we took the drat field. Now if you want to crown them, then crown their rear end! But they are who we thought they were! And we let 'em off the hook!
The Cards were bad for most of my life so most of the games were losses. I mean, they've reached the playoffs four times in my lifetime, it's not like the stock of heartbreaking losses is very big.

Oh, and the Texans, since my heart is really in Houston. Though I didn't really care about them until 2008. But then again, neither did anyone else!

3. Anything in the "Schaub just can't stop throwing pick sixes what the gently caress is happening" month. Holy poo poo that was bad.
2. 2011 Divisional @ Ravens. God that game sucked.
1. 2010 @ Denver. You couldn't beat Tim Tebow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
(1)That Snow Bowl game where Tom did to the Titans about what he did to the Colts tonight.
(2)The Super Bowl appearance
(3)Insert The Comeback here, though I'm unsure if Tennessee really gets to claim that
(4)Losing to loving Curtis Painter
(5)I dunno, probably some loss to the Jags in the past few years

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Bears have some pretty bad ones.

5. I'm sure there's another I blocked out of my memory.

Losing Dave McGinnis :shepicide:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ravens

5. Harbaugh benching Ray Rice for fumbling against the Jags, receivers getting jammed at the line and losing to Gabbert. (Game cost Baltimore the #1 seed)
4. 2010 regular season loss to Pittsburgh (Polamalu strip sack game)
3. Ravens blowing a 21-7 lead in the divisional round against Pittsburgh, Joe Flacco hits Housh in the chest on the gamewinning drive to lose the game. If the Ravens win that game the AFCCG is in Baltimore versus the Jets
2. 2006, one of the best Ravens teams to take the field hold Peyton to zero touchdowns and lose the game because the offense and zombie McNair die.
1. Billy Cundiff

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 19, 2015

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Buffalo Bills have never had a bad loss, sorry

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Tremendous Taste posted:

The Buffalo Bills have never had a bad loss, sorry
I know the trauma of the K-Gun years still haunts you, but it's time to let it go.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Lions went 0-16 so I think that should count for one as a combination.

That Thanksgiving game where the Bears ran back the kickoff in OT

Uh, hm.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
18-1

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Chifley posted:

I'm waiting to see a Bills fan post. Which of the four sb losses was the worst? The 1st, because it was the closest? The 4th, because it kept on building up each year after year? Or maybe peak sadness was achieved by the time they lost the 3rd, and had no feeling left by the time they lost number 4.

So many questions!

gently caress u

and for the record, the music city miracle is the worst sports related gut-punch i've ever experienced

King of Spit
May 18, 2006
5.Loss of Gronk for 2012 - I'm pretty convinced this cost the Pats the Superbowl.
4.Superbowl 46 - I wasn't really as convinced this was our year. The team was pretty beat up going into the playoffs and was pretty lucky to make it to the Superbowl. Gronk was hurt and their receiving options outside of Welker / Hernandez were limited.
3. 2010 Afc Divisional v Jets - This team was better than the 2011 version on both sides of the ball. The team had so much momentum, and of all teams to lose it all again, the Jets...ugh. They were healthy too.
2. 2006 AFCCG - Honestly this might even be number 1 for me. I didn't even talk to people for a few days. gently caress that game. Makes me wish we put up 100 on the Colts today.
1. Superbowl 42.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Baltimore Ravens

1. 2011 AFC Championship Game: Billy Cundiff just got fired but I'm pretty sure Bisciotti had Lee Evans secretly killed

2. 2010 Ravens@Steelers Divisional Game: Looked great all year and we somehow lost despite being up 14 at the half.

3. 2010 Steelers@Ravens: Ravens controlled the whole game up until the final five minutes, Polomalu strip sacks Flacco for a TD. This game led directly to us having to go to Pittsburgh for the divisional game a month later. I was at this game, it was my birthday :(

4. 2008 AFC Championship Game: Sure Flacco was a rookie and it was fun just to be there but Pittsburgh feasting on our misery on the way to a Super Bowl win sucked, especially when we would have shithoused the Cardinals.

5. 2006 Divisional Game: Should have been Ravens/Chargers for the AFCC but recently released Baltimore hero Matt Stover kills us as a relief kicker when the best Ravens team ever loses again to Indy with Peyton throwing zero TDs.

6. 07 MNF Pats@Ravens: Would have ended the New England undefeated bid in its tracks if it weren't Rex Ryan taking a loving timeout.

7. 03 Wildcard Titans@Ravens: Close loss to the Titans when Ravens/Titans was the roughest rivalry in the land. Maybe it was because it was the first playoff game in a while or because I was still young but this poo poo really hurt.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

kalensc posted:

Steelers

#5) Vs the Bears last year in Week 3 (first trip to see an NFL game live)
#4) Vs the Patriots in the AFC CG in 2004 (in retrospect it's fine of course with '05 and '08 and '10, but man the Steelers can't beat the Pats in the playoffs since the mid-90s)
#3) Vs the Patriots in the AFC CG in 2001 (Kordell :smith: )
#2) Vs the Chargers in the AFC CG in 1994 (10-year-old me was quite sad)
#1) Vs the Cowboys in the Super Bowl in 1995 (11-year-old me was quite sad)

Losing the Super Bowl to the Packers was a let down but Rodgers is cool and it'd be silly to care too much about it after all the recent success.

posting in this thread as a Steelers fan seems wrong, but the game that made me the most mad of all time was the divisional playoff loss against Tenessee, which featured the Titans getting a total BS roughing the kicker call on a missed FG in overtime, giving them another chance to kick the FG and win. Ugh just ugh.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I started watching the Bills in 2002 lol I've been sad about like three losses

2004 - Steelers, gently caress Willie Parker
2007 - Cowboys, gently caress Dick Jauron
2014 - Raiders, gently caress Doug Marrone

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Vikings:

5) Pick an Eagles playoff loss, 2004 or 2008, don't particularly care which, they were both equally embarrassing and difficult to watch*
4) Massacre at the Meadowlands
3) NOOO!! NOOOOO!!
2) Tahi doesn't know where the gently caress he is, Bevell calls a roll out with an octogenarian on a bum leg, Favre gonna Favre
1) Gary Anderson goes wide, Dennis Green kneels, all joy dies

*e: gonna go with '04. Culpepper should've been MVP but Manning had possibly the best QB season of all-time, just came off the greatest win of my lifetime as a Vikings fan where Randy Moss embarrasses the Packers up and down Lambeau, and then just roll over and die against the Eagles. Classic build-you-up-to-let-you-down Vikings :smith:

e2: honorable mention: that Seahawks game where Linehan called a loving WR pass from Moss in the red zone rather than, I don't know, ANY loving THING ELSE

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 19, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans, off the top of my head

1. Rosencopter game
2. 2011 playoff game vs the Ravens
3. Vince Young fucks the Texans until they like it in an overtime win
4. 2013 game vs Seahawks

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

(1)That Snow Bowl game where Tom did to the Titans about what he did to the Colts tonight.
(2)The Super Bowl appearance
(3)Insert The Comeback here, though I'm unsure if Tennessee really gets to claim that
(4)Losing to loving Curtis Painter
(5)I dunno, probably some loss to the Jags in the past few years

the browns loss this year probably should be in there

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
1.) 2006 AFC Divisional game against the Patriots. Chargers are 14-2, top seed in the AFC, hosting an inferior Patriots team. LaDainian Tomlinson, reigning MVP and Rushing champion runs all over the Patriots in the first half. Chargers have a two score lead with under five minutes to go, Patriots ball. Tom Brady throws an interception to Marlon McCree. All he has to do is bat it down or fall down, and the Chargers all but win the game. Instead he tries to run it back, gets stripped by Troy Brown, the Patriots recover, and suddenly have a first down because of the change of possession. New England drives down to score, then the Chargers go three and out, the Pats get the ball again, and win the game. The Patriots do the Lights Out dance in the middle of the field, LdT flips out, and within two weeks, the Chargers have lost their OC, DC, and fired their head coach, replacing Marty Schottenheimer with Norv Turner. It is the worst loss I've ever sat through and being there in person was the icing on the poo poo cake. Ugh.

2.) 2012 regular season, Broncos at Chargers. Peyton's first trip to San Diego as a member of the Broncos. The Chargers go up quick, and take a 24-3 halftime lead. Rivers then proceeds to have a complete and utter meltdown in the second half, throwing three interceptions and losing a fumble, as Denver scores 31 unanswered points and the Chargers lose 35-24.

3.) 2007 AFC Championship game against the Patriots. I expected us to lose this one, but it was a classic case of "If we would have been healthy". The Chargers make the playoffs as the three seed and host the Titans in the wild card round. After a hard-fought defensive game, they get their first playoff win since 1995, but at the cost of Antonio Gates getting his foot hurt (gently caress you Jeff Fisher). The Chargers then travel to Indianapolis as heavy underdogs to take on Peyton Manning. By halftime, both Philip Rivers and LaDainian Tomlinson are out, leaving the game in the hands of the backup QB and backup RB, Billy Volek and Michael Turner, to hold onto a lead. Well, they give up the lead rather quickly as Peyton did what Peyton does, but then Volek gathers the team together and marches down the field, running in the game winning touchdown himself and propelling the Chargers to the AFC Title game in New England. The Chargers are a MASH unit at this point. Tomlinson has two strained MCLs, Gates has a torn plantar fascia in his foot, Philip Rivers is playing with a torn ACL, Nate Kaeding has a broken plant leg. The Chargers go into the game against the undefeated Patriots and lose 21-12. It was a deflating end to the year.

4.) 2008 regular season game at Denver, also known as the "Dear Ed GUNS Hoculi" game. The Chargers are leading late in the fourth quarter while Denver is driving down to try and tie the game. Shaun Phillips gets around the tackle and hits Cutler from behind, causing him to lose the ball. Hochuli blows the play dead as an incomplete pass, even though it was a clear fumble and clear recovery by the Chargers, which would end the game. Because the play was ruled dead, the broncos retain possession. The Broncos then score the touchdown, and to cap it off, go for the two point conversion, get it, and win the game by a point. Then I write a letter.

5.) 2009 AFC Divisional playoff game against the Jets. The Chargers were the 2 seed in the playoffs, 13-3 in the regular season, and hosting Mark Sanchez and the Jets. The Chargers proceeded to play their worst game of the year, Rivers was off, Tomlinson had like 24 yards on the ground, and Nate Kaeding missed three chip shot field goals. The Chargers would lose to Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene, 17-14.

Thanks for making me re-live my horrible team, OP

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Jaguars: All three losses to the Titans in the 1999-2000 season, but especially the loving AFC Championship game.

gently caress you, Jeff Fisher.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
1. 2000 Super Bowl
2. Miracle at the Meadowlands
3. Miracle at new Meadowlands

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
3- 2005 season loss to the Seahawks in the NFC championship
It sucked but the Seahawks were at home and the fans were getting so loud they couldn't even tee up the ball a kickoff a couple of times. It was really hard to imagine winning in that environment with the team we had.

2- 2003 Super Bowl vs. Patriots
Two great teams matched up in a great game that had absolutely everything you could want in a football game. Came down to a few key plays that ended up deciding it all. Still, it isn't the worst because it was at least a great game, one that many consider one of the best super bowls ever. Hard to feel AS bad about that, especially when compared to...

1- 2008 Divisional Rd Vs. the Cardinals
Holy poo poo, this game was just the absolute worst. We were the number 2 seed in the NFC and we had just played the giants, the number one seed, 2 weeks prior and matched up really well. The Panthers were supposed to roll over the Cardinals and they easily could have. Instead of leaning on the best running game in the league, Fox freaked out and had Jake go pass happy resulting in the worst birthday I think anyone's ever had. Kurt Warner and the Cards' offense took advantage of a gassed defense that didn't get to stay off of the field because Jake kept throwing picks and Fox kept doubling down. I can't remember anything more crushing in our history. At least with the super bowl you can look back and say it was a great game. With this game there was no positive to take out of it at all.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Febreeze posted:

1. 2000 Super Bowl
2. Miracle at the Meadowlands
3. Miracle at new Meadowlands

Add:

Trey Junkin
The Vince Young Game

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Houston Texans

1) 10/21/07, hosting Tennessee. The Rob Bironas game, which I was at. Everyone remembers the eight field goals, no one remembers that Houston had to score 29 points in the 4th quarter to take the lead with 1:06 left on the clock.
2) 11/14/10, @ Jacksonville.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhLrk8jlR4
3) 11/21/10 (THE VERY NEXT WEEK), @ Jets.. Take the lead with 59 seconds left on the clock, lose the lead 43 seconds later.
4) 9/13/13, hosting St. Louis. I've only turned the TV off once before a Texans game reached halftime, and this was it.
5) 12/22/11, @ Indianapolis. The Texans lose to the post-Manning, pre-Luck Colts with 24 seconds on the clock. Dan Orlovsky was QB for Indianapolis.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
This was the worst ever for me. loving Jerry Rice fumble bullshit blind refs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHdK-ueD6hU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chargers in 2009 losing to the Jets, with the 06 loss against New England being a close second. Nothing else really compares to those two.

In 09 the Chargers weren't as good of a team as the 06 squad was and had injury problems, but from about week 7-onward they went on such a run that I felt like that team could go up against anybody and win that year. The running game really sucked that season due to a bad right side and Tomlinson being worn down, but Rivers and the receivers really carried them against some of the better defenses in the league that year. Then the Jets game happened and Nate Kaeding booted the game right out of the stadium. No, he wasn't the ONLY reason why they lost but when the kicker misses three FGs and then the team loses by THREE points, he deserves some blame.

06 was realistically their best chance to win a title but 09 feels worse to me. I think it's because it was Tomlinson's last real chance at getting a ring with San Diego.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

2003 - 201x

But seriously :

It goes on forever

Edit

Joe Flacco catching a long TD pass?
Almost beating a good Falcons team until they poo poo the bed?
Flying 10,000 miles across oceans to play the shitfuck Dolphins?
Losing to Geno Smith?
Going 5-2 with Jason Campbell only to lose him to a broken collarbone and Hue Jackson trades the farm for Carson Palmer who had been sitting on the couch for a year only to miss playoffs at 8-8 on the very last game?
Janikowski missing a 23 yard field goal against the Cardinals

Mark Sanchez eating a hot dog on the sidelines because the game was so out of reach?
Getting beat by the Giants so bad that Antonio Pearce said it felt like a scrimmage?
Running prevent defense with like 3 minutes left, and Rivers drives down the field and scores the game winner?
Cutler owning the Raiders on the Monday night opener of the season? (take your pick which time)
Any time we've played the Dolphins?
Doug Martin breaking off like 6 80 yard runs?
The defense getting absolutely destroyed and Gradkowski eating poo poo on Thanksgiving day in front of my whole family?
Rolando McClain covering Calvin Johnson in a game we should've won, that basically ended our playoff hopes?
Jamarcus' first game where he had like the worst QB rating in history and we got absolutely shithoused by the Jaguars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Cincinnati Bengals - The Playoffs

• Locked thread