Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gently caress about and he always keeps bringing it up in the most unrelated ways while trying to make it sound super cool and interesting and in reality it's the lamest poo poo you've heard this year

"Yeah, I said this is some fresh news... Oh... fishing huh... yes, the news is fresh, much like the fish you caught last weekend. sounds very good, good comparison, friend"

I don't know how friends interact actually but let's make some poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
"you just got a new car? well someone fisted me"

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

You just got fisted? Cool, but check out these new stamps jsut got delivered!

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
fishing isn't a hobby, it's just getting drunk on a boat

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

You got drunk on a boat? That's a lot like how I bird-watch at 5am. We should try to combine them.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
We'll head over to Ireland then, I can bring my cryptozoology tools to keep an eye out for the loch creature and bigfoot while you check out the birds

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
birdwatching is such a great hobby! for instance ive had my telescope pointed at the girl's dorm over there for the last week because there's been reports of a blue footed booby in the area

love spotting that booby

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Crossfit's amazing bro. I climbed a rope 50 times, did like 15 sets of my WOD, and poo poo and piss all over myself. So tight. Hey are you going to any gyms? You should join my BOX. We call them boxes.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Booties posted:

Crossfit's amazing bro. I climbed a rope 50 times, did like 15 sets of my WOD, and poo poo and piss all over myself. So tight. Hey are you going to any gyms? You should join my BOX. We call them boxes.

Awesome, is your BOX anywhere close to some geocaching hotspots? I'll bring my GPS and we'll cross some fits while we dig around an abandoned lot for a buried tube full of geocoins and plastic dinosaurs.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Booties posted:

I DONt CARE IF ANYONE SAYS I KIP I GOT REGIONALS THIS WEEKEND (posts bacon covered salad that is admittedly looking real good)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is being gay considered a hobby?

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Darkman Fanpage posted:

is being gay considered a hobby?

I'd consider that more of a career.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

not gay but i've recently been dabbling in collecting dicks in my guts

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Man On Internet Almost Falls Into World Of DIY Mustard Enthusiasts

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I work with a guy who does this phone app game called Ingress. Apparently you walk around while staring at your phone and it gives you points for finding buildings and crap.
He'll come up to me and say stuff like "I found 2 gems at a site downtown but then the blue team blocked our fence" and it takes me a minute to figure out what the hell he's talking about. He also brings it up out of nowhere in unrelated conversation, it's annoying

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

AssassinPrincess posted:

Awesome, is your BOX anywhere close to some geocaching hotspots? I'll bring my GPS and we'll cross some fits while we dig around an abandoned lot for a buried tube full of geocoins and plastic dinosaurs.

Nah, dude, I got a thing that day.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gnarlyhotep posted:

I work with a guy who does this phone app game called Ingress. Apparently you walk around while staring at your phone and it gives you points for finding buildings and crap.
He'll come up to me and say stuff like "I found 2 gems at a site downtown but then the blue team blocked our fence" and it takes me a minute to figure out what the hell he's talking about. He also brings it up out of nowhere in unrelated conversation, it's annoying

Is that one of those apps you can download when you visit a new city and in the game it will lead you to neat landmarks and points of interest you wouldn't otherwise have known about?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

he needs to die

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

gnarlyhotep posted:

Oh literally gently caress YOU, I just downloaded it out of curiosity. I can see the next month of my life going down the drain. Thanks a shitton gnarly.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

your coworker is a hgue stupid cringy nerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ro2YlpX3sc

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

I was going to try this but then Google asked me if I wanted to share them all my information and I laffed and went "Nope" and I'm not even going to walk lol, deleted

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I knew a guy that geocached so i've met the worst human being

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
there are few things more inane than talking about crossfit/working out holy poo poo talk about the weather or something at least

i have the good sense not to talk about any of the dumb boring poo poo I do to people that don't care (ie. everyone)

boring poo poo include

fishing
running
weights liftings
brewing beer
video games
dumb books
watching bad movies
this stupid forum

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

AssassinPrincess posted:

Oh literally gently caress YOU, I just downloaded it out of curiosity. I can see the next month of my life going down the drain. Thanks a shitton gnarly.

It's probably an ok game it's just he takes it a little far. He once drove around Texas a couple hundred miles just to "pick up" some kind of in game trinkets

As long as you aren't an obsessive compulsive you should be ok

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I have a friend that just got into mtg. Apparently the game has been getting a lot more people since I played (back when I was much younger). What makes this even more annoying is he knows I was really good at the game (the group I played with at that time went to tournaments and such and pretty much lived and breathed the game for a bit) so not only do I get to hear is dumb stories relating to an "amazing match" he played but he constantly asks me for advice and rules questions and such.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

gnarlyhotep posted:

It's probably an ok game it's just he takes it a little far. He once drove around Texas a couple hundred miles just to "pick up" some kind of in game trinkets

As long as you aren't an obsessive compulsive you should be ok

Luckily I'm also easily bored by things, so I give it like three weeks tops. :sax:

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
They usually consist of fifteen minutes of the other person telling me about the video game they are currently playing while I think about other poo poo, and nod. Not that I don't like video games, but hearing in depth play by plays about standard game play, and cut scenes in the game is the most boring poo poo ever.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
All my friends find me interesting because I have no hobbies to bore them with.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

HarlanHell posted:

They usually consist of fifteen minutes of the other person telling me about the video game they are currently playing while I think about other poo poo, and nod. Not that I don't like video games, but hearing in depth play by plays about standard game play, and cut scenes in the game is the most boring poo poo ever.

Videogames huh? I'm actually into the anime for King of fighters 98, in fact the whole KOF series has an incredible and extensive backstory, who's your fav character? I'll tell you their whole biography

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
lol if you have friends

what are you, 5?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
this anime season...

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

A misanthrope posted:

lol if you have friends

what are you, 5?

what are you, some kind of misanthrone?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

gnarlyhotep posted:

what are you, some kind of misanthrone?

he hates chairs

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

I have a friend that just got into mtg. Apparently the game has been getting a lot more people since I played (back when I was much younger). What makes this even more annoying is he knows I was really good at the game (the group I played with at that time went to tournaments and such and pretty much lived and breathed the game for a bit) so not only do I get to hear is dumb stories relating to an "amazing match" he played but he constantly asks me for advice and rules questions and such.

At least he respects your opinion. The worst is when somebody tells you their new hobby is something that you got really into in the past but don't do very much anymore, and they're sitting there and telling you all this poo poo like you don't know but you don't want to stop or correct them because it will only encourage them.

"Oh, you saw a cool youtube video of a high school drum line at a talent show? That's neat. yeah I'll totally have to check it out sometime" *was consumed in a world of nothing but drum lines for like 15 years and is absolutely unimpressed by anything drum related anymore*

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

timp posted:

At least he respects your opinion. The worst is when somebody tells you their new hobby is something that you got really into in the past but don't do very much anymore, and they're sitting there and telling you all this poo poo like you don't know but you don't want to stop or correct them because it will only encourage them.

"Oh, you saw a cool youtube video of a high school drum line at a talent show? That's neat. yeah I'll totally have to check it out sometime" *was consumed in a world of nothing but drum lines for like 15 years and is absolutely unimpressed by anything drum related anymore*

i used to play a ton of magic during unlimited, and 4th addition, then i tried using my old cheese decks against a friends new normal deck, like 2 years ago and the power creep of new cards is just silly. Also no more interupts WTH

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

TOILETLORD posted:

i used to play a ton of magic during unlimited, and 4th addition, then i tried using my old cheese decks against a friends new normal deck, like 2 years ago and the power creep of new cards is just silly. Also no more interupts WTH

Tell us more about your hobby :allears:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

AssassinPrincess posted:

Tell us more about your hobby :allears:

i will take the bait, i played back when 40 card decks were legal, and the phases of a turn were different, and cards effects resolved in a different order. They changed it so that you need 60 cards min in a deck, and they made 3 mana cards as powerful as old 5-6 mana cards. Their goal was to make games play faster because young people have no patience to play a game anymore.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

TOILETLORD posted:

i will take the bait, i played back when 40 card decks were legal, and the phases of a turn were different, and cards effects resolved in a different order. They changed it so that you need 60 cards min in a deck, and they made 3 mana cards as powerful as old 5-6 mana cards. Their goal was to make games play faster because young people have no patience to play a game anymore.

*plays Ingress on her phone while you talk*

Uh huh, wow, that sucks...or it's awesome, I can't tell. Did you know the local gym near my house is an unclaimed portal that I have to go stakeout for the resistance? Walk with me until I get within range.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

AssassinPrincess posted:

*plays Ingress on her phone while you talk*

Uh huh, wow, that sucks...or it's awesome, I can't tell. Did you know the local gym near my house is an unclaimed portal that I have to go stakeout for the resistance? Walk with me until I get within range.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

This thread has become so meta.

• Locked thread