Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I will play your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think I want to know my meta.

It can't be worse than mine, which I'm pretty sure is "blithering idiot regardless of alignment".

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ah! But if he lies about you lying, is that not God's honest truth?

You sicken me ##vote CCKeane

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ooks, ppld, delta-tango-niner confirmed

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm not familiar enough with all the players here to name two people but I would absolutely put Taste at the top of my investigation list for a night-zero investigation; in my game(s? can't remember) with him he's played a pretty good low-key scum

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Ahahahaha, Epsilon Plus is actually scum.

##vote: Epsilon Plus

Yeah, sure. Also remember to unvote first, doofus.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I'm not joking about this.

Check out EP's posts, and then I'll do my merry little crazy person jig and congratulate myself on an early catch.

I suppose bad, lovely content with no logic or reasoning is still content

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ernie. posted:

So since both Keane and Diqnol have said they have ~powerful~ roles, I'm going to assume it's a role madness game and I should offer up what I know before it blows up later.

I'm a 'Serial Miller'. I investigate as scum to a weak doctor or cop, and can be seen performing the nightkill to watchers or trackers. I clarified with Ecco and she said that I basically 'mask' the nightkiller to a watcher and appear to be the only visiter instead, but there may be abilities that undo this.

Nope, I'm VT. Also that's an incredibly lovely role.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Oh I guess I'd better stop posting about the game then

so how about those Cubs

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The only thing under my skin is the pounding heartbeat of Town Justice.

That is literally the only thing under my skin I'm basically a blood-filled flesh balloon with a singule circulatory organ, my life is a ceaseless torture

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm going to bed for the night. I'd like it to be clear that currently my vote on Keane is no longer a jokevote. You are acting pretty goddamn weird and it's skeeving me out.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Work lunch posting brought tp you by Subway! Eat Fresh!

Still feeling antsy on Keane. He is really trying to dismiss me/write me off based on some pretty ridiclous claims.

Ernie's role is... difficult. We should probably lynch Ernie because that role is a real assfucker. However, it's likely that his role can be mitigated/improved with items, possibly? My real concern is that he's possibly scum or possibly a 3P (Jester?) that just wants to be lynched. Some other possibilities I want to keep low. Even if not, do Inventors or whoever want to blow all their items on him? I don't advocate lynching "known" town but we don't know poo poo.

Also Meinberg's analysis post feels pretty limp. But it's also day 1. Not much to work with.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

True and Real posted:

I find d1 jokephase to be the absolute worst part of mafia. I make it my duty to pull us out of it as quickly as possible, and while it's meaningless for me to mention this, I only do it as town since jokephase is my favorite thing as scum.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm having trouble deciding whether Diqnol is bored or scum or both. While he's definitely faking content, it's fake content that's beneficial to discussion.

Which of these posts is the worst? "I'm not scum because I don't do this whem scum" or "~fake content~ is Bad but in this case it's Good"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Genuinely though, who thinks that you can't fake content in Mafia?

I think "fake content" is a fake idea. All posts are content. Some of this content points towards scum, and some of that content pointa towards the poster as having a non-town agenda. Calling it fake is... well, overthinking it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think it's hard to tell because Keane has not resumed posting. My jokevote on him being followed up with what appear to be serious accusations is pretty weird though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

Literally his first three games played on the forum. I think there was one more I saw in the list. I was looking for a scum game and gave up when I just saw him die every game I opened after like six games.

Nah. For full disclosure: Recently I died night 1 (not lynched) in CS Mafia. I was lynched Day 1 in Mountain Goats, Hotel California '76, Just Post Mafia

My first game ever I helped kill Mills and won. I also won as scum in Role Madness 2 and Console Wars.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So, make fun of Merk for reading votefinder backwards. You dummy. You dunce.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

EP does hit me (unironically, not joking) on this and I'm surprised more people aren't looking at him. EP seems off and I don't like it.

Also can you clarify what you mean by "hit me"; are you of the opinion that I am scummy and/or accurate?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I did say I was town, though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

No one should use items on Ernie was literalloy why I brought up items. It's important enough to repeat, no one should use items on Ernie.

What are your thoughts on me, Somber, and Diqnol?

You seem to be acting helpfully and you bring up some good points. Somber is being Somber and I generally think he's town; not much has swayed me from that thinking. Diqnol is really pushing people, and it's hard to tell if the manner in which he is doing so is pro-town or pro-scum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

From no content about Diqnol to jumping on the developing cases from TNL and Somber. Explain why you were actively avoiding talking about the biggest discussion points over the last several pages, namely Diqnol and me, and now are suddenly dropping posts like this to drive that developing case. You went from crickets to the old lady neighbor on the news saying, "I always knew there was something wrong with him..."

Also in relation to this: I'm not seeing any real big discussion points over the pages previous to that that are worth commenting on (that hadn't already been talked about). I wanted to draw attention to those two posts. You're trying to push me into something I'm not with your last sentence there, too.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

If we lynch diqnol really quick will the lovely jokes stop

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You're not even really making my list of people I want to lynch. Relax. We've still got three days to decide who to murder.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Maybe they can identify snack foods kept in sealed white containers? Ecco did use the Food tag after all...

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I just wanna say that I'm having a pretty busy day today but I should be around later tonight to provide some insight.

Until then ##unvote I've cooled on Keane a little but I still feel like something's up there.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Well, how does it work?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

I still don't see her play as anything that stands out as particularly scummy or careful or composed. The meta argument does nothing for me as I haven't personally seen Rarity play. To me this looks like a million other day 1 bandwagons that hit someone for "posting strange" and more often than not it's a townie.

How often do you hit scum D1 normally? Someone's leaving the game today. Obviously we want to hit scum but you're being overly concerned about the chance of hitting town when, statistically, you hit town.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I cannot begin to delve into this unreasonable heap of posts currently other than to say that I think one of the three of Byers, Meinberg and Rarity is probably scum based on my current reads. Somber is probably town. Maybe. It is hard because a gross majority of the thread hasn't posted enough. I'm really hoping D2 gives us more information to work off of. And more people posting.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Jesus loving christ. Look, here's the deal, I'm going to PULL A CRAZY MOVE because I'm a ZANY GUY but look, EP and Somber are you guys masons or what?

Yes. We're double secret Illuminated robber-masons and now that I've revealed our crazy ruse I have to kill the entire thread and claim victory. Sorry. gg no re scrublets

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Or, you know, not.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Okay, cool. Then I'll keep my vote on you.

Better me than a town with a PR, I guess.

Do you always have an entire head of wild hairs up your rear end, or is something about me personally bothering you?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Assuming I'm scum, who do you think my fellow scummers are? I'm gonna guess Somber for sure. Two more?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

There are 21 players and four feels like a good number assuming no abundance of 3P roles?

I mean, oh, you caught me. If only. If only I had not said that. The jig is up. Hoist my body to warn the others. Keane is on the Case.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

can I use :rolleyes: or is that Considered Scummy too

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

yes it actually is lol

:rolleyes: at :rolleyes: lmbo

Seriously Keane your case on me is based on "posts awkwardly", "me-toos", "Somber defends EP", did I miss anything?

(hint: Somber has played the most games with me out of any of you, including games he/I have moderated; it is not unusual for him to have a good read on me and if I was scum I'm sure he'd be on my rear end because that's what he tends to do)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Taste if you think EP is not scum please say nothing for the rest of the day

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm about to leave work. Let me reread in an hour or so and we'll see.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

No. There is a link between players that ostensibly should not exist and EP denied any mason involvement. Protection of each other especially in the face of generally scummy behavior is a link, and links are worthy of being explored.

Even for a game of Mafia you are reading waaay too far into this. What link? That I said nice things about Somber and TT, both of whom are players I respect and enjoy playing with?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wins32767 posted:

Not Voting (7): Asiina, bowmore, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, kaschei, Meinberg, True and Real

Put a vote down.

Don't try to imply I haven't been active and participatory this game please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

wins32767 posted:

Did EP seriously come in, snipe at my comment about people not voting and then leave without voting?

Yeah, sorry. The frozen vegetables section of a Walmart where some trailer pixie is shouting at her daughter is not conductive to voting. Or posting politely, it would seem. Sorry!

I'm re-reading the last few pages and will be voting shortly.

• Locked thread