Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh cool top of the page!

:siren: REMINDERS:

:d: Deadline is ~28 hours from this post
:c: Approximated votecount is in the second post of the OP (there's a quicklink at the top of the first post).
:h: If a player does not have 11 votes by the deadline, the day ends with no execution, which is embarrassing! Totes don't let that happen!
:lumpen: If a player was prodded last night but has not yet posted anything substantial by the start of Tuesday (i.e. within 12 hours from this post), they will receive a second, sterner prod.

CCKeane posted:

I think I'm place my vote here. This "EccoRaven" hasn't made a single case.
I've been so busy modding this game :negative:

I'll post a case tonight.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Well then what the hell is your objection?

They are safe cases because they're surface level opinions that don't require thought or explanation which means you can look like you're contributing without having to put in any effort or involvement.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

True and Real posted:

I can but I won't

>: (

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

They are safe cases because they're surface level opinions that don't require thought or explanation which means you can look like you're contributing without having to put in any effort or involvement.

Ok. Except that I thought about them and explained them so that makes no sense

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

This reads to me as Punt feeling like he has to comment on a bad post but trying to avoid lynching a scumbro.

If I was scum I would have bussed the gently caress out of him over that post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So my mom decided to come down and stay at the hotel with me to help me out, which is awesome cause I was totally overwhelmed but I can't be all sorry mom I have to ignore you to read four thousand posts on the internet in my phone, so no reads today.

She is leaving tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to read the thread in at least some depth before deadline. Apologies for being a lurking shitheel, its just been a really crazy weekend for me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I cannot begin to delve into this unreasonable heap of posts currently other than to say that I think one of the three of Byers, Meinberg and Rarity is probably scum based on my current reads. Somber is probably town. Maybe. It is hard because a gross majority of the thread hasn't posted enough. I'm really hoping D2 gives us more information to work off of. And more people posting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jesus loving christ. Look, here's the deal, I'm going to PULL A CRAZY MOVE because I'm a ZANY GUY but look, EP and Somber are you guys masons or what?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ok I am done w/ classes for the day and now I actually have a few hours to read the thread, I'll try to finish it all tonight but since there's now 30 pages idk if I'll be able to tbh, but either way I should be able to actually be around to contribute tomorrow

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Because masons is a benign explanation for this crazy wazy relationship that's going on.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic Trombone posted:

Ok I am done w/ classes for the day and now I actually have a few hours to read the thread, I'll try to finish it all tonight but since there's now 30 pages idk if I'll be able to tbh, but either way I should be able to actually be around to contribute tomorrow

You can just do what I do when I don't want to read a thread, just loudly accuse somebody of something and see what happens.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Jesus loving christ. Look, here's the deal, I'm going to PULL A CRAZY MOVE because I'm a ZANY GUY but look, EP and Somber are you guys masons or what?

Yes. We're double secret Illuminated robber-masons and now that I've revealed our crazy ruse I have to kill the entire thread and claim victory. Sorry. gg no re scrublets

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Or, you know, not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

Or, you know, not.

Okay, cool. Then I'll keep my vote on you.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Okay, cool. Then I'll keep my vote on you.

Better me than a town with a PR, I guess.

Do you always have an entire head of wild hairs up your rear end, or is something about me personally bothering you?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

Better me than a town with a PR, I guess.

Do you always have an entire head of wild hairs up your rear end, or is something about me personally bothering you?

It's nothing personal, I just think you're scum. I don't think you're a bad poster or unfun or anything. For what that's worth. Them's the breaks sometimes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Assuming I'm scum, who do you think my fellow scummers are? I'm gonna guess Somber for sure. Two more?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

Assuming I'm scum, who do you think my fellow scummers are? I'm gonna guess Somber for sure. Two more?

Why would I assume there are four scum, EP?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

There are 21 players and four feels like a good number assuming no abundance of 3P roles?

I mean, oh, you caught me. If only. If only I had not said that. The jig is up. Hoist my body to warn the others. Keane is on the Case.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

There are 21 players and four feels like a good number assuming no abundance of 3P roles?

I mean, oh, you caught me. If only. If only I had not said that. The jig is up. Hoist my body to warn the others. Keane is on the Case.

Blood.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

can I use :rolleyes: or is that Considered Scummy too

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

can I use :rolleyes: or is that Considered Scummy too

yes it actually is lol

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

yes it actually is lol

:rolleyes: at :rolleyes: lmbo

Seriously Keane your case on me is based on "posts awkwardly", "me-toos", "Somber defends EP", did I miss anything?

(hint: Somber has played the most games with me out of any of you, including games he/I have moderated; it is not unusual for him to have a good read on me and if I was scum I'm sure he'd be on my rear end because that's what he tends to do)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

:rolleyes: at :rolleyes: lmbo

Seriously Keane your case on me is based on "posts awkwardly", "me-toos", "Somber defends EP", did I miss anything?

(hint: Somber has played the most games with me out of any of you, including games he/I have moderated; it is not unusual for him to have a good read on me and if I was scum I'm sure he'd be on my rear end because that's what he tends to do)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGUMh5rOycs

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Here I am but drat I am so tired and it is like an hour past my bedtime :sparkles:

I am not going to say anything more about Ernie today. I stand by my assertion that this is a weird game to get reads off of because of the density of both content and lurkers.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I still don't think there is any reason for me to post opinion after opinion when the thread is split into indistinguishable lurkers and leaders.

I am going to post what I think is most important, and leave it at that. Just like. I have been stubbornly stating I was going to do. the whole time here.

Anyways,

wins32767 posted:

Diqnol, I don't think it matters what he posted after that first run. Most people have the hardest time with being scum right at the start of the game. Once there is content it's easy to take sides or make stands and byers is good as scum.

It's like going for a swim when it's really cold, once you're in the water you're fine it's getting wet that's the hard part.
I hate this post.

Of the active-leader players (e.g., merk, Diqsol, Ninth) I'm like yea that sounds real enough, eeeeh that is decent they could believe it. ^THIS POST^ however sits wrong with me.

wins is content to sit on a lynch that has?had? existing momentum, and offers a hollow HOLLOW ICK reason for sticking with it.

(1) Lacks curiosity.
(2) Fanning merk's flame and ego.
(3) IT IS NOT GOOD REASONING.
(4) So many words but WHY why is that even a post just WHY.

I would vote wins for this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

I still don't think there is any reason for me to post opinion after opinion when the thread is split into indistinguishable lurkers and leaders.

I am going to post what I think is most important, and leave it at that. Just like. I have been stubbornly stating I was going to do. the whole time here.

Anyways,

I hate this post.

Of the active-leader players (e.g., merk, Diqsol, Ninth) I'm like yea that sounds real enough, eeeeh that is decent they could believe it. ^THIS POST^ however sits wrong with me.

wins is content to sit on a lynch that has?had? existing momentum, and offers a hollow HOLLOW ICK reason for sticking with it.

(1) Lacks curiosity.
(2) Fanning merk's flame and ego.
(3) IT IS NOT GOOD REASONING.
(4) So many words but WHY why is that even a post just WHY.

I would vote wins for this.

Yuming please read Somber and EP, pretty please, before I die, buried under tons of snow.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

wins32767 posted:

TBH, I'm having a hard time getting a handle on rarity's alignment right now. I often confuse angry and frustrated with scummy and that's interfering with my read.
Here he is doing effectively the same thing-- saying nothing much about the party line of the thread.

I am hella suspicious of wins atm.

It's like I'm reading merk's post history without the votes in it :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

Yuming please read Somber and EP, pretty please, before I die, buried under tons of snow.
EP is where I was thinking of voting before I noticed that post.

Now I am between him and wins. I kinda wanna do wins to get people to pay attention to it but I'm not going to be around to do much with it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm going to bed for the night. I'd like it to be clear that currently my vote on Keane is no longer a jokevote. You are acting pretty goddamn weird and it's skeeving me out.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Work lunch posting brought tp you by Subway! Eat Fresh!

Still feeling antsy on Keane. He is really trying to dismiss me/write me off based on some pretty ridiclous claims.

Ernie's role is... difficult. We should probably lynch Ernie because that role is a real assfucker. However, it's likely that his role can be mitigated/improved with items, possibly? My real concern is that he's possibly scum or possibly a 3P (Jester?) that just wants to be lynched. Some other possibilities I want to keep low. Even if not, do Inventors or whoever want to blow all their items on him? I don't advocate lynching "known" town but we don't know poo poo.

Also Meinberg's analysis post feels pretty limp. But it's also day 1. Not much to work with.
I am quoting the same posts I quoted before and did not like.

Don't like the transfer of jokevote to RealVote. The catchup post is like ugh empty too.

I have just rewritten what I already said about EP. That is p much all I have. His reaction to Keane does nothing for me either way.

I would vote him~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd buy wins. I'll full admit that I am hungry for seeing how EP flips, though, because I am very suspicious and have been since very early, so he's my top pick. You know what they say, pride comes before the victory, because cool kids are confident in their skills.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

I'd buy wins. I'll full admit that I am hungry for seeing how EP flips, though, because I am very suspicious and have been since very early, so he's my top pick. You know what they say, pride comes before the victory, because cool kids are confident in their skills.
Yes, yes. Your early reads have been p accuracy lately too.

I read Somb but I have nothing to say about him. I like playing with Somb he is neutral the end.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This is likely the last chance I have to post at a computer until deadline, and I have ~plans~ at hammertime.

I'm going to look at Byers' claim again but I don't remember it being especially WOW POST worthy so I will prob go to sleep after this.

For the post, and reasons previously stated!

##unvote; ##vote wins

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I want to take this moment to say Diqnol seems the most sincere out of high postcount-ers.

True and Real posted:

I'm not even sure how I feel about things anymore. I'm somehow overwhelmed. I'll reread when I'm home and not constantly being distracted by snow shenanigans at work.
Yes. True and Sincere :sun:

merk and wins and Ninth hammering at Byers is a really weird, kinda off putting direction for the thread.

This is a strange game. Can I say that again? Oh wait, I don't loving care if I can or not I'm going to!

There is a very forceful dialogue going on in an almost mandated way by Oh Bringers of Content who all hate Byers gently caress they hate Byers for scum so bad. And Rarity. And were/are suspicious of me.

On the other end, we have the lurkers I made this lovely lol so funny post about.

It's like this weird, homogeneous, but also dense mess.

I see a flicker of town in Diqnol and Byers. And something is wrong with wins' posting I hate THAT POST (you know the one).

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys I've been away all weekend and....

gently caress 600ish new posts

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

With the exception of his case on Diqnol, every case he has pushed forward today has been adding to or just agreeing with someone else's case. In many cases, he's now pointing at posts as scummy that he didn't not consider scummy when he first read them; as evidence, look at all of the sequences where he's quoting posts after the eventually identified "scummy" post. He did it with me, Rarity, and yuming. He was beyond them, but only calls them scummy afterwards because he's no looking for scum, he's just looking for cases to make.
I don't care about the first read second read point here. Don't think that I do!

But this did get me thinking about (a) why I have been having such a hard time getting reads (b) how uninteresting but dense content has been today.

It's weird. idk. This post inspired my previous post so I felt the need to credit it.

I have lost almost 5 hours of precious sleep because of this game (my bed time is 8PM) I am almost done here...

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea ok read wins especially THE POST.

Peace, Goodnight.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I feel pretty good about yuming now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

yuming posted:

First of all I want to say I am still very suspicious of Ernie. His giant list of opinions following the retcon of his claim does nothing for me.

I also think his comment on me is strange.

~let me tell you why~

(1) the point I made was correct. I thought Ernie was scummy and suspicious because the context he claimed did not make sense. It sounded like a lie.

It was, but supposedly a well-intentioned one.

I don't buy this because the giant gap in which Ernie did not post left him in this nice scummy ambiguous spot where he was testing reactions to his claim. I still think it was a scummy lie.

(2) His opinion on me is a cop-out. I was right about him lying, and he had this whole framework for coming up with opinions on people's opinions of him vv

Ernie's whole point in claiming was in getting reactions to his claim ... but then he claims I am unreadable in my reaction to his claim?

The is some seriously lacking in internal consistency here that I find extremely scummy. His throwaway comment on me underminds the whole point he claims to have claimed :sparkles:

Also !minor point! I feel like he got to the end of his big post and was feeling lazy in writing his fake opinions. Alphabetically last, low effort, throw away, FAKE opinion.

Is anyone else suspicious of Ernie?

I think yuming's second point here is really good and I agree with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

merk (3): Opop, Byers, Taste
Byers (2): wins32767, TNL
Rarity (2): fv, Somb
Asiina (2): Diqnol, Ernie
EP (2): Punt, Keane
Opop (1): Rarity
Meinberg (1): merk
wins32767 (1): yuming

21 alive, 11 for a delicious lunch unless you guys are a bunch of dumbs who don't like to eat lunch~

• Locked thread