Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
The Pro Bowl Draft is currently live on NFL Network.

No one actually cares about the pro bowl. But, this draft thing is pretty funny so far.

First pick was "that guy with neckbeard and the arm". And the host of this thing just asked if Andrew Luck tightened up his neckbeard for this event. I feel like this could be entertaining. Plus it's Irvin on live TV we could get something good.

Edit: Von Miller has grandpa glasses.

packsmack fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
gently caress my life for this existing

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Pro Bowl got even dumber with the new rules (I HOPE YOU LIKE MORE TIMEOUTS!!) and not being in Hawaii.

gently caress the Pro Bowl.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Antonio Brown listing one of the good qualities of AJ Green as his last name being a color.

Edit: it definitely should be in Hawaii.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
1. Luck, 2. Romo, 3. AJ Green, 4. Odell Beckham, 5.

I feel like this does tell us about what the players think wins in the current NFL.

Andy Dalton has a bad haircut.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

packsmack posted:

1. Luck, 2. Romo, 3. AJ Green, 4. Odell Beckham, 5.

I feel like this does tell us about what the players think wins in the current NFL.

Well I mean who cares about lineman in a joke exhibition game anyway. At least QBs and WRs can do cool fancy poo poo

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I tried watching, but I just can't care.

Bring on NFL 2015.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Hey here's the guys we don't give a gently caress about! Give us a wave guys!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

TubeStank posted:

The Pro Bowl got even dumber with the new rules (I HOPE YOU LIKE MORE TIMEOUTS!!) and not being in Hawaii.

gently caress the Pro Bowl.

The only bad thing about the Pro Bowl is that Joe Flacco selfishly choose to be with his 1 day old child over attending.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Actually it looks like they drafted a bunch of linemen and kickers off screen? I'm not sure what just happened. So I guess everyone cares about the C, G, FB, K, P, DT, and special teamer positions equally.

The clear steal of the draft occurred though with the drafting of all pro FB John Kuhn.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Best part of the probowl draft so far. Andrew Luck just said “you feel deflated” when you lose in playoffs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

packsmack posted:

Actually it looks like they drafted a bunch of linemen and kickers off screen? I'm not sure what just happened. So I guess everyone cares about the C, G, FB, K, P, DT, and special teamer positions equally.

The clear steal of the draft occurred though with the drafting of all pro FB John Kuhn.

That seemed like a huge 'gently caress your position' to me. Just make those fucker actually draft ahead of time and broadcast all of it. Let's see what building a real line does.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
Oh poo poo! It's Federico Martinez! The winner of his Lenovo Fantasy Football League. Here to make a pick. This is really exciting guys I don't know why more people aren't watching this.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I heard someone was saying something bad about Pro Bowl Quarterback Andy Dalton and I got here as fast as I could

packsmack posted:

gently caress u!!!!!!! bitch

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I heard someone was saying something bad about Pro Bowl Quarterback Andy Dalton and I got here as fast as I could

gently caress u!!!!!!! bitch

Just look at it and tell me I'm wrong. He's got the whole long up top and buzzed sides thing going on. But, his hair is just so orange that it is weird.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

packsmack posted:

Just look at it and tell me I'm wrong. He's got the whole long up top and buzzed sides thing going on. But, his hair is just so orange that it is weird.

A terrible look for hipster fucks.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Odell should of gone #1 OVR.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i know, right? loving Andy dalton and his hipster style. i bet he listens to Fun. and only wears vintage dri-fit nike pro combat made by organic chinese kids. ugh

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Just when I didn't think the pro bowl could be any worse.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

packsmack posted:

They separate the draft into position groups and draft from those pools one at a time. I presume so one team isn't such with no linemen or something

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

packsmack posted:

Look he's just emulating an all time great:

Just doesn't need dye to make the color ridiculous.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Pro Bowl discussion should be relegated to the Fantasy Football forum.

That said Team Irvin has Romo, Murray, all 3 Cowboys Pro Bowl linemen blocking for them, Cowboys coaching staff, and DeMarcus Ware to boot.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Randandal posted:

That said Team Irvin has Romo, Murray, all 3 Cowboys Pro Bowl linemen blocking for them, Cowboys coaching staff, and DeMarcus Ware to boot.

I unironically love that Michael Irvin is basically playing with the 2013 Cowboys. I'm just sad that Bryant couldn't play

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Randandal posted:

Guess I'm watching the Pro Bowl

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

TheChirurgeon posted:

I unironically love that Michael Irvin is basically playing with the 2013 Cowboys. I'm just sad that Bryant couldn't play

Lmao Irvin rules

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I didn't watch the Pro Bowl last year but I heard it actually kind of owned. Does anyone have that gif of the Browns on Browns collision?

If they turn it into what the NBA does and just go for trick plays like flea flickers, statue of liberties or fumblerooskis, then yeah I'd watch it.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

seiferguy posted:

I didn't watch the Pro Bowl last year but I heard it actually kind of owned. Does anyone have that gif of the Browns on Browns collision?

If they turn it into what the NBA does and just go for trick plays like flea flickers, statue of liberties or fumblerooskis, then yeah I'd watch it.

Yeah, but every analyst ever told me you have to establish the run.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Michael Irvin is the best. I assume if he could get away with it his team would be nothing but Cowboys and University of Miami alumni. I mean I'm still not gonna watching the dumb pro bowl, but the loyalty is admirable.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:owned:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Are the stars for the # of pro bowls? Because if so that's actually pretty cool and will be pretty funny on guys like Brees.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

Are the stars for the # of pro bowls? Because if so that's actually pretty cool and will be pretty funny on guys like Brees.

holy poo poo that would own

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yes, they do and it's awesome.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WHOOPS posted:

Yes, they do and it's awesome.

Oh poo poo, they did it last year, this is actually awesome:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah it's really :coal: to see especially on a guy like Wake.

He was excited to be "drafted" last night after going undrafted in the NFL draft :)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's okay, He's got OBJ instead

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Febreeze posted:

It's okay, He's got OBJ instead

That's an upgrade

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ESPN is going to have Frank Caliendo in the booth at some point during the pro bowl, in an effort to, I assume, sink the pro bowl once and for all

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Quest For Glory II posted:

ESPN is going to have Frank Caliendo in the booth at some point during the pro bowl, in an effort to, I assume, sink the pro bowl once and for all

Frank Caliendo's NFL impressions are good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5U0ZvmHIk

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Also, his Mel Kiper makes me laugh every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rLOEvYULfY

TODD TODD TODD TODD TODD TODD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
OBJ strikes me as someone who won't live up to his rookie year.

• Locked thread