Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

fanged wang posted:

all guitar wanking pales in comparison to the most loathsome musicians, bass players who want to play lead

a rare species, unlike the guitarist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
not rare enough imo

and yeah guitarists are notorious idiots and musicians generally are stupid as hell but there is nothing stupider on the planet than a lead singer am i right yall

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

BossRighteous posted:

You guys should play Chumbawamba's Tubthumping and feel your earthly cares fade away.

a better chumbawamba song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJLv46_N6c

The saddest member of the traditional rock band lineup is the rhythm guitarist

noone aspires to be the loving rhythm guitarist, it's the job you take when your friends openly all agree that you're not good enough to play lead

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
I used to like music. Then I read the last few pages of this thread. It is you who have killed music. You killed it and you dissected it and laid it's wretched gore open to the world. And I hate you, poster of this thread.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
idk i've always really appreciated rudolf schenker and malcolm young just to name two of the most famous rhythm guitarists ,but i like rhythm and riffs over melodies or leads so i'm probably in the minori

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

youre wife posted:

I used to like music. Then I read the last few pages of this thread. It is you who have killed music. You killed it and you dissected it and laid it's wretched gore open to the world. And I hate you, poster of this thread.

thats pretty cool, you got all the benefits of a music education without actually having to waste your time learning an instrument

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SK7gP__2XQ

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Dyna Soar posted:

idk i've always really appreciated rudolf schenker and malcolm young just to name two of the most famous rhythm guitarists ,but i like rhythm and riffs over melodies or leads so i'm probably in the minori

a melodic sense and keen ear for harmony is very important for a bass player whose job it is to provide counterpoint and define the chord changes and stuff like that on top of living inside the pocket and controlling the momentum..... jeez, being a bass player sounds hard.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
I love my dead gay thread.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Cymbal Monkey posted:

I love my dead gay thread.

Did you learn to not make posts with any kind of music theory content in them ever again yes you did

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I know I will personally look back and think, "wow, what a great thread."

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I might print it out and show my mom
(she doesn't get time signatures either)

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Drummers are dumb as rocks

I wish I could be one :(

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

The op is good and right. B

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

what about Six in the Trix, OP?

or Two in the Pink, One in the Stink (2/1 time signature)?

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Basically this. The song I posted is absolutely just an excuse to ram as many riffs and times into one track as possible. I think they do it well, I don't think they need an excuse to say "here's all the riffs", though I totally get why someone wants to hear a riff more than once before the song changes itself again.

I know I'm late, but only bad loving music tries to cram as many riffs into a song as possible. You are garbage person with garbage taste in music.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

fanged wang posted:

not rare enough imo

death from above 1979 own, better than basically any guitar led band tbh

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
OP your band sucks and your video sucks

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Dyna Soar posted:

Nah, a lot of people appreciate a good rythym guitarist, they just don't realize it - the angry/ percussive/driving riff is what they're bobbing their head to, not the noodly wanker waiting for his 18 seconds at the end.

Rudy Schenker is great, but I'm going with ms. Joan Jett as my favorite rythm guitarist.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Instead of the OP's dumb wankster bullshit let's just post cool odd time music

Estimated Prophet by The Grateful Dead- 7/4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRlzIFmXqw0

The Mahavishnu Orchestra - You Know, You Know- I don't really know how to write this one but its 3+3+5+4+4+5/4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9aH-bf3F3k

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Yeah but this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4224x8SCdww

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Quickscope420dad posted:

anyway this dumb bad argument has at least demonstrated the ways in which 4/4 can be described and altered to create different sounds / proved my point that the OP just hates music

the only thing demonstrated here is that you're both colossal gaylords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjjujau9hUw

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hate music, sometimes I donīt, it's got too many notes.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
if you have to sing about how country you are, you are not

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008
I, too, enjoy masturbating to Meshuggah, OP.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

why are you queers fighting over guitar music in 2015

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it's like a bunch of middle aged women talking about which sex in the city characters the other ones are

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

My 15 year old brother likes ozzy osbourne, megadeth, and slipknot how in the gently caress is that even possible?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Every popular thing is bad, not just some popular things

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

BossRighteous posted:

My 15 year old brother likes ozzy osbourne, megadeth, and slipknot how in the gently caress is that even possible?

ozzy loving rules

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dyna Soar posted:

ozzy loving rules

on the other hand, his wife is a living monster

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

hemophilia posted:

on the other hand, his wife is a living monster

i havent had a tv since the early 2000's so ozzy to me never did all that tv poo poo nor do i know anything about his wife or family other than that they exist and maybe what they look like (i thinki've heard a song by his daughter and it was p. bad). i am happy.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dyna Soar posted:

i havent had a tv since the early 2000's so ozzy to me never did all that tv poo poo nor do i know anything about his wife or family other than that they exist and maybe what they look like (i thinki've heard a song by his daughter and it was p. bad). i am happy.

no i don't mean that she's like intimately bad, although, yes, but she's also a oval office and hosed over plenty of people for super petty reasons in the years she's run ozzy's career.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

hemophilia posted:

no i don't mean that she's like intimately bad, although, yes, but she's also a oval office and hosed over plenty of people for super petty reasons in the years she's run ozzy's career.

well you can't make an omelette etc. and i actually remember reading she likes to take it up hte rear end to she cant be all bad right

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Ocean Book posted:

music with a steady pounding beat is fun sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIv0xHTqDTE

pwn fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 25, 2015

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I agree, lets all listen to pyramid song by radiohead on repeat till our ears bleed. It will be our little rebellion.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
This thread only exists because the OP doesn't get invited to parties.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ITT op thinks "four on the floor" is the same as "4/4"

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
if it doesn't go oontz oontz oontz oontz it's wankery bullshit for nerds. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Vastarien posted:

if it doesn't go oontz oontz oontz oontz it's wankery bullshit for nerds. :colbert:

Correct!

• Locked thread