Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

There's a stock trading thread in the business/finance forum but I don't think anyone reads that? Or like 10 guys or whatever? So I'm proposing a new goon project: let's get loving rich with Robinhood! Robinhood, by the way, is a zero fee brokerage that you can only get on idevices. That means that you can buy a loving SHITLOAD of 5 cent stocks that would otherwise cost like $5 to buy. Nuts! You're basically guaranteed to get rich. The world is at our fingertips..we've never had this sort of access to the market before. Us. The common man. Common, men. Post here if you want an invite? People seem to have lots of em.

Alright let's get started, right now we're all buying FXCM. Well if you want to get rich anyway. It's my hot tip of the day!!!

FAQ!!
Q: What do I buy?
A: Whatever your heart tells you. Look at the graphs...you think the graph's about to go up? Buy it!!

Q: How do I buy?
A: You click 'buy', but remember: never do market orders!! market order means "buy at whatever price it says right now" but oftentimes that will change by the time the order actually goes through. You want to click 'MKT' and change it to a limit order, so the order will be put through whenever the stock's at the price you put. Only do market orders if you absolutely need to guarantee that you'll buy the stock, because limit orders aren't immediate.

Q: I have a good stock but I don't want to tell anyone about it.
A: gently caress you!!!!!

Q: OK. But what sites should I use?
A: http://www.allpennystocks.com/aps_us/hot_nasdaq_stocks.asp

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
stockbrokers are snake oil salesmen. it's been proven time and time again that they can't beat the natural rise of the market over any extended period of time.

they are scum. they are literally the most useless people on this retarded earth.

goons beware - don't get involved with this bullshit.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

At the time of posting this FXCM is at 3.20...let's see how high my hot tip can get. It's not actually my tip btw. It's from a spooky ghost in the biz/finance forum. I'm just a middleman..but I want us all to get rich!!

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
A pump and dump scheme is pretty drat illegal yo

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Uncle Enzo posted:

We don't have even close to the volume to make an impact like that but this is just a hot tip thread anyway. No pumping or dumping. In fact, I always encourage people to stay in!!!! Good things come to those who wait.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Enzo posted:

Technically, it's not illegal. Pump and Dump is like counting cards, no one's going to send you to jail for it but the community of suckers that you're fleecing will kick you out for being to smart.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

FXCM is already up to 3.28....big gains to be had, here.

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
brb gonna go cash in my bitcoins to get in on this

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

If anyone has any hot tips please post them.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Uncle Enzo posted:

no not really if you make less than 1 mill doing it you only get fined like 50k as an individual

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

can you short the entire continent of europe

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

no not really if you make less than 1 mill doing it you only get fined like 50k as an individual

In that case, do we even have the ability to pump, and dump? Goon project: pump dump? How many people would we need??

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a cop posted:

In that case, do we even have the ability to pump, and dump? Goon project: pump dump? How many people would we need??

you just need a stable of people to say bad stocks are going to be hot all over the place from unique IP's for a couple weeks after you already bought some penny stocks, when idiots double or triple the value you dump it and repeat. i'll take my 5% cut now.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hmm.....this seems shady. I'm not sure if pumping & dumping on a public forum is a good idea...let's just post our hot tips, all.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Goons are some of the smartest people on the planet. We are an untapped resource, ripe for gains. I believe in the speculative ability of my fellow posters....I believe in your tips.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
So what happened with FXCM that it went from being $16.70 on the 13th to $1.60 on the 20th?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a cop posted:

Goons are some of the smartest people on the planet. We are an untapped resource, ripe for gains. I believe in the speculative ability of my fellow posters....I believe in your tips.

right now you want to put money into whatever congress is getting ready to pass so you can ignore the markets and make a profit

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Phlairdon posted:

So what happened with FXCM that it went from being $16.70 on the 13th to $1.60 on the 20th?

A bunch of poo poo I don't understand or care about! But I believe in whatever company it is. I believe they're coming back!!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

right now you want to put money into whatever congress is getting ready to pass so you can ignore the markets and make a profit

Give me some letters. Which letters do I buy. That's all I want to freaking know.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

a cop posted:

my tips are frosted

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a cop posted:

Give me some letters. Which letters do I buy. That's all I want to freaking know.

GOV

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

:siren:3.30:siren: 10 cent gains in a matter of minutes...this is nuts!!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Hot tip of the day. Invest big in SHTLRD!

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Invest in nothing and live your life carefree.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hmmm...22 bucks? A little rich for my blood. But I'll keep my eye on it..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

We're going to have to make a separate thread about what to do with all of this money!!!!!!!! :D

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's loving soaring!! JEsus christ the gains...tjhe gains!!!!

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
Downloading robinhood now. Can't wait to get rich

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Robinhood only works on iphones doesn't it?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh huh I forgot that bank transfers take a few days with Robinhood. So get in and get some funds in there (playing around w/ $100 is fun but go nuts and make it a cool grand!! or 10!!) and then you can get in on my hot tips this coming Monday.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Senordingdong posted:

Robinhood only works on iphones doesn't it?

I use an ipod touch lol but yes.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Disclaimer: I don't know loving poo poo about ANY of this. But there are definitely gains to be had. Of this I am certain. I'm really hoping that other people here have even hotter, slimier tips.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i'd reccomend buying some shares of disney before new star wars hits, then dumping them the day after it hits

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
why do you keep murdering black people a cop

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

stockbrokers are snake oil salesmen. it's been proven time and time again that they can't beat the natural rise of the market over any extended period of time.

they are scum. they are literally the most useless people on this retarded earth.

goons beware - don't get involved with this bullshit.

traders make absolutely significant amuonts of money

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

i'd reccomend buying some shares of disney before new star wars hits, then dumping them the day after it hits

Hmmmmmmmmmm............................................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............I like this logic because the film has the potential to do really loving well which could send the stock up a bit but don't people expect it to do well anyway? And the stock's been rising steadily for awhile......idk. I like the hot, nasty, risky stocks. Real slop dog deals, where the company's writhing around on the ground. I like to bet that they'll make it back...

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

jesus christ the gains....the gains! I sold some of my shares earlier today and now I'm really regretting it ughhh. Fuckin sloppy gains..

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a cop posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmm............................................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............I like this logic because the film has the potential to do really loving well which could send the stock up a bit but don't people expect it to do well anyway? And the stock's been rising steadily for awhile......idk. I like the hot, nasty, risky stocks. Real slop dog deals, where the company's writhing around on the ground. I like to bet that they'll make it back...

ok then wait till a celeb owned company has a scandal that hits the magizine rack buy stock in the company before they get the PR spin going then sell it when it's high again.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
First level you predict how the dumbs will react, and gain money from that. Second level is predicting how the dumbs and the first levelers will react, and gain money from that. If you can go third level you're basically Warren Buffet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
Can you short sell on robinhood?

• Locked thread