Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

I thought pro-life people didn't agree with abortions for any reason? Why are they trying to murderpost-birth abort Roe v. Wade???

The Gallup poll quoted in the USPol thread,

when broken down, actually shows a lot more nuance depending on the circumstances involved in a decision to abort:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

Further down the page Gallup splits out sentiment by circumstance; only 13-15 percent think that abortion should be barred even if the mother's life or health is endangered, e.g., while 56 percent (!) think that abortion should be illegal because a woman doesn't want to have a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

Ah, interesting. So 13-15% of the population are insane.

Well, as pointed out in the USPol thread, it's ideologically consistent, at least, to say that "murdering precious babies" is wrong in any instance, even when its host body is endangered.

I think the far more interesting stats are that solid majorities believe that abortion should be illegal in the instances of the woman's not being able to afford or not wanting a child. To me, that's way more "insane," and far more politically pernicious.

• Locked thread