Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Aw yeah, looking forward to this. Just what I need to get me back into DS2 before Scholar of the First Sin releases.
Is the big patch on 5th February going to impact the LP, or is everything going to be recorded by then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Well, the blacksmith does just say "I moved all my stuff into this empty house and then someone locked it." So she didn't steal the blacksmith's key, he just put his stuff in her house.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

If you're using a sorcerer, you get a much better view of the boss while you blast at it. Though it helps a lot to have Pate ankle-biting to distract it.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

There's a Dragonrider strategy that's used in speedruns where they don't raise the two rings, then bait him into attacking them right at the start of the fight and going over the edge. I've seen them manage to kill him in under ten seconds, it's pretty amazing.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Great video, but I have to disagree with you on the gargoyles. I utterly loved that fight my first time through, as it came as such a surprise - especially when the third gargoyle joined the battle. I was literally yelling in delight, and managing to beat it the first time through just added to my enjoyment.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

The only time I managed to complete Lucatiel's "beat three bosses" questline, it was by using a bonfire ascetic in the Wharf to respawn the boss there and take her to defeat it again. Which fortunately counts. I don't envy you trying to do it legitimately.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

The patch does change a lot - it adds in the Scholar, it adds the extra weapons and it updates the descriptions. I'm not sure if makes all the change they're planning to make in the re-release though - it definitely doesn't have the multiplayer tweaks they're talking about.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

I love the fact that, if you look at the Chariot's soul, it was always the horse in charge. The poor sod up top was just along for the ride.

Also as I recall, there's a bit of extra loot hidden in Titchy Gren's area that you missed. Though I might be thinking of elsewhere.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

There is an alternate method to kill the Chariot, by the way - hang out in an alcove and blast him with spells as he goes past. The fights ends...a bit differently. Won't spoil it in case you're going to show it off.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

The first game has two areas that are completely set apart from the rest of the world (Undead Asylum and Painted World) and manages them both perfectly. This game does a great job with the Lost Bastille, but does totally drop the ball on Iron Keep. They should have just teleported you to it, I think.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Vicas posted:

i just wish there was some way they could teach it to you because my weapons took a lot of durability hits before I found that out

It would have been pretty easy to teach - just have one of the tutorial routes drop you in a room with no apparent exit, and have a message on the ground telling you to try pressing activate while facing a wall.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

BattleCattle posted:

...How does turning off the windmill drain the poison pool by the first bonfire in the area? :psyduck:

And the poison pool back before the Covetous Demon as well. Which makes zero sense - if anything, it should lead to more poison there as it would be backed up.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Lingering Flame is a good way to take out the small rats, and if you get lucky and Authority takes a hit from it too then it takes a fair chunk off his life.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Aw, you didn't show the Terrible Secret of the Pigs.

And there is a way to get someone's services after you aggro them without needing Cromwell's pardon - kill them and use their tombstone. Spoiled in case you're planning to show that off later.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

The latest Bloodborne patch seems to have cut the loading times significantly, at least.

I really like Shulva, mostly due to that huge panoramic view of the ziggurat when you arrive, and the fun of seeing the walkways and bridges and realising you're going to go there. Also I totally did not see the dragon up until he woke up and scared the life out of me - nearly backed off the cliff side in shock.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Wiseblood posted:

Has it? I thought it only fixed the progression blocking bug.

It wasn't announced as part of it, and they're still longer than I'd like, but I'm definitely seeing an improvement.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Gearface posted:

And if you kill her before heading to Drangleic Castle, a certain invasion never triggers ...

That's new as of the Scholar of the First Sin patch, so it may actually be From taking the player rumour and deciding to make it true. Which would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Vicas posted:

I always loved in Dark Souls 1 when you smithed a weapon and it went from A to blue A, meaning you had totally improved in some immeasurable way

I love this in Bloodborne.
Blood Gem: "Adds SKL Scaling+12"
*slots it in*
*C turns into blue C*

The +12 means there is definitely some invisible scale at work, but I don't think there's ever a way to actually see the absolute values.

• Locked thread