Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Samovar posted:

Uh... Ok I was jsut replying DS2 with a second character becasue of this thread, but there's something VERY different in the chest in the cartographer's house. Instead of that item which can re-set your stats, I got a Giant Club, a Blacksteel Katana, a longsword (which I think is magic) and the Murakumo. Is THAT typical?!

Part of the Scholar of the First Sin update. Those were all reskins previously only available around the release of the three DLCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Gearface posted:

My personal favorite explanation for why Benhart is in Orro's memory is that he was really there in the giant war way back when - and the reason he recognizes you is that you were there too and you're old as shiiiiit. Hollowing is a hell of an amnesiac.

Of course, that opens up a whole bunch of weird questions, but in general I prefer where those questions lead than the alternative.

I've always understood basically every other character in the Souls games to be other players, just like you, following the same set of rules and with the same goals. Lucatiel drops those signs because she wants to scout ahead cost-free or grind for souls, Navlaan invades when he wants to ruin someone's day and have some PvP action, and Benhart shows up in the memory because he's got the Ashen Mist Heart from the Ancient Dragon too.

Also, sidenote: the Rose shield is super depressing to me because it mentions that the flower it's based on is long extinct. Much like the dragons and Solaire and the magic of the first game, nothing good can survive in the Souls universe for long :smith:

• Locked thread