Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Needs more Rodin videos. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you don't have a Ronia don't bother posting.

Split threads, one for premium Ronia-having posting and one for the peasants. Membership has its privileges.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vasler posted:

2 Ronia-havers represent.

A decent starter team for new players.

Edit: my post is a fraud, only one Ronia is +297ed.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I represent the two Ronia / three Lu Bu Club. I don't know why anyone would want three Lu Bus in a team.

The REM can be a real dick at times.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

October Revolution posted:

I have 3 Ronias in 1 godfest.

One day I'll have the rank to man them all.....

Yeah the REM is oddly streaky that way. I have an alt account that rolled three consecutive Yomis.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

At least a team of Hakus + anything with a water sub-color could work.

But yeah, I don't think a team of Grodins is fun. I've got 4 myself, and 3 of them are just gathering dust.

Five is a little much, but multiple Grodins are really badass with resist leaders like Awoken Ceres.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

padijun posted:

I have three ceres, one is max level dark, and two are 6*. should I keep all three, or feed one of the 6* to the other for an awakening/skillup chance?

Definitely keep them. I desperately wish I had a second Ceres so I could keep one Dark and switch my current one to Awoken. Dark Ceres is a *ridiculous* Lucifer sub, possibly the single best sub for that team in the game. 741rcv multiplied 4x is insane. Full bind immunity, an active that wipes all binds (the bane of any Lucifer team), a rank of Recover Bind and even an auto heal as a bonus.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

trucutru posted:

I've had incredibly good luck with the Angelit drops and incredibly bad luck with the skill-ups. So, in short, yeah, gently caress you PAD.

Haven't stoned or anything today but I'm 0-5 getting Angelits to drop. Probably going to end up feeding Devilits as XP fodder soon. :argh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Hebug posted:

Except there isn't one that boosts devils...yet.

We got ours first. :smug:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

trucutru posted:

Yesss, you're moving from mono/heavy-green to rainbow. Welcome to the cool kids club.

But Mono-Green is the cool kids club now.

What a PAD hipster.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
All of the Lightseeker posting above assumes Chasers are your primary interest. If you're after Hatsume skillups Expert is way better with 2x drops.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Um, wow. On PuzzleDragonX the new JP update changes it so type and color restrictions are satisfied by subtypes and subcolors. So that new Devil restricted dungeon can be run by your standard Ronia team, or the color restricted Technicals could be run by say 6x Siegfried for the Fire-only.

That just made a bunch of content a whole lot easier.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ugh PDX lists Three Kingdoms + Archdemons. I just want a drat Indian 2 Godfest. :sigh:

Edit: Meh, no point complaining. It's a fantastic godfest for everyone else. I just want to burn all my stones chasing a Krishna.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 30, 2015

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Artificer posted:

What sort of good things does this next Godfest have for a GZL newbie player? Another GZL or 2 I suppose? :v: Anything else?

Probably the single best sub in the entire game for GZL in Liu Bei. Freaking ridiculous triple prongs.

Also all the other Three Kingdoms gods are very good, so there are no bad rolls out of that pantheon. FA Lucifer and Belial are also very good subs for other teams, so really the only bad rolls are the other three Archdemons.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
They're still worth a free stone to new players per dungeon. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Esroc posted:

Four rolls.

Sea Serpent
Lemon Dragon
Krishna
Freyja

Wish I'd of just saved my stones.

Heh, you just rolled one of the top gods in the entire game, arguably better than anything in the actal Godfest.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Esroc posted:

Huh. Never heard anyone talk about him, but after taking a look at his leader skill I see it.

Yeah that one roll pretty much means you probably had the best Godfest of anyone on this forum, including people who will burn 80+ stones.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

KnifeWrench posted:

but I already have Astaroth, Belial, and DQXQ.

Talk me into or out of it, thread.

I'd definitely roll if I were you. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Sun Quan, Lu Bu and FA Lucifer are all excellent rolls. Three Kingdoms might be the best pantheon in the game right now. Only reason I'm leery about rolling on my main is I already have the five I listed above so it'd be DQXQ, Belial or bust. Even then it's super tempting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

KnifeWrench posted:

Thanks for enabling me, Bgrifter! This turned out pretty okay!

Yeah Delgado is neat, Liu Bei will be freaking ridiculous soon and the dupe Belial is potentially useful too. Not bad for 25 stones!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
We should probably chill out on the Ronia hype a little in this thread. We've got people pulling 4-5 of the best leaders in the entire game and complaining cause they didn't get a Ronia. :psyduck:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Goddammit. Putting Star Vault dead smack in the middle of the work day is bullshit. Won't get a single run in. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

GoodBee posted:

No one talks about Durga. Is she bad or just late to the game? Is her biggest flaw lacking an ult?

She's in a weird spot where she's good but not great and most people have other options. An ult could easily push her into "hot drat can't wait to use this" territory, mine sits evolved/awoken/half levelled in my box and isn't anything I plan to use any time soon.

Skilled up she'd be a pretty badass DA Meta sub, but I don't have one of those personally.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Rangpur posted:

Hot drat I can't wait to stay up until 2 AM again :suicide:

I should have 15 stones when the FotNS collab starts. Is it worth rolling on?

Keep in mind we're due for an Indian 2 Godfest sometime soon. I'm saving all my stones to chase a Krishna personally.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Holy poo poo. Almost a half hour at hyper speed video. :stare:

That makes old school Lucifer teams look like modern L Kali ones.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Collab REMs tend to be utter poo poo, I can't say I'd recommend rolling on any of them except maybe a roll or two on the Bat REM for low cost leader Batman or Robin.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

uXs posted:

I don't roll collab rems because they're even more of a trap than the regular rem.

Agreed, they're all 90% garbage with one or two sorta good gold eggs never worth chasing. Nothing in the FotNS REM is worth the obscene amount of stones you'd have to spend chasing it.

Edit:

IntelligibleChoir posted:

I have not been keeping up I got a Roah is that good?

Not even close. He's a decent sub, but you'd be way better at throwing the 100+ stones it'd take to get one at a good GodFest like the last one or what should be Indian2 next.

Raoh is pretty much an inferior Belial.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 9, 2015

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

psymonkey posted:

There are 500 points of attack that would like a word with you :smug:

I can't hear you over the sound of 300 points of RCV. :smug:

DaveWoo posted:

I'd say Raoh is potentially pretty good, but only you've got the top-tier Red Devil subs to support him (e.g. Awoken Minerva, Belial, Red Sonia). Very REM-heavy.

Raoh isn't *bad* he's just an above average Ronia sub that is obscenely rare cause it's in a collab REM. For Ronia subs you're probably looking at an extra Ronia, Shiva, Belial and Lu Bu as obviously better options. Minerva I'd give a slight edge for the synergy with the Ronia active allowing the always satisfying Ronia/Minerva/Shiva/Lu Bu boss killing combo for maximum :effort:

After that you're getting into second tier stuff like Berserker Z, Disco Hera-Ur, etc. Raoh is better than that stuff.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Evil Eagle posted:

Doesn't Raoh have 3 row awakenings? That seems really good to me.

I want one to add to a Red Devil team with Ronia, Belial and Disco Hera. I don't have Minerva or Shiva.

Only two fire and the dark is largely irrelevant since you'd be running him on a fire-heavy team. The second skill boost on Belial is much more valuable.

People forget the skill boosts are a huge part of what makes a Ronia team good. It's pretty standard to have as many as ten. Ronia actives up on turn five, Byakko/Persephone/Belial/Minerva all up turn one for first turn orb changes if needed. It even makes unskilled orb enhancers like FA Lucifer or Shiva useful while we wait on the appropriate collabs.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

I made a token roll and got a Toki. Not the greatest, but he might work on an LZL team? To bad about that 20 turn cd on his active.

Wait this collab has Toki Wartooth?

I change my mind, best collab ever. Burning all my stones chasing a Skwisgaar Skwigelf.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
GZL would be ideal but I'll take a L Kali one. Pandora and Lu Bu are probably getting one anyway considering their whole pantheons are done except for them. I'd love to see Persephone win the pantheon vote as that whole pantheon is in desperate need of a boost, even if it's just three more awakenings.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Watching 175 stamina slowly melt away eight stamina at a time and only ending up with one Golden Demon Mask to show for it is really demoralizing. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

trucutru posted:

You should join me in farming dark fairies. The results are the same (jack poo poo) but the stamina disappears in a hurry! Bonus: 500k coins a pop

I have nothing else to do in these slow days and little time to play anyways.

I really should be doing that. My Pandora is skill level 4 so I'd need two more skillups to finish it.

But :effort:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Fairies are evil. I'm staring at an empty stamina bar and contemplating stoning for a refill so I can run 179 stamina worth of Dungeon of Darkness - Moon Death Dragon.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I was chain-running that dungeon like crazy last week. On the plus side, it's a great way to rack up a bunch of PAL points!

I'm almost capped! :ohdear:

Need that 3K REM soon.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Solkanar512 posted:

Any news on a NA godfest?

No news that I've seen yet but we drat well better get Indian2. Allllllll the stones for Krishna.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Triple Godfest would be awful, lower chance of Krishna. Nothing else matters. :colbert:

I'm hoping it won't be Chinese girls since the Christmas REM spit them out like crazy. (I have four regular Byakko and three regular Kirin to prove it :sigh: )

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Xenochrist posted:

drat Christmas vacations, happening at the same time as the PAD Christmas REM, and preventing me from rolling at all! :bahgawd:

I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat. I had a ton of free stones saved up and ended up getting runs of crap like three Byakko in four rolls (I've had my max level/skill one for months). Didn't get anything cool out of it, just a billion useless Mini-but-not-Christmas Kirins.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Make a 4 x haku team :v:

Living the dream. Just gotta bad-busty one Byakko and switch Loki.

(Not a good team)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Postal Parcel posted:

It's here:

AS: God Gravity
45% HP reduction
LS: SOUL・OF・LOVE
increases ATK based on your HP, up to 3.5x. orb move time slightly increases

Um holy poo poo. :stare:

Steals the Tengu gimmick away for those teams. Really nice awakenings, no wonky stats like negative RCV to screw it up, ridiculously good Lucifer sub. 45% Gravity is waaaaaaay higher than I was expecting.

I might actually have to farm those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Nosre posted:

Or maybe you guys have a lucky streak; I went 7 or 8 runs (2 accounts) with no invades (and no skillups :()

It can be really streaky. I remember farming Hera-Is for dark orbs and getting Byakko on something like eight out of ten runs, then stoning multiple times and going at least 0-20 on Kirin invades running Athena in a previous event.

• Locked thread