Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Zombies' Downfall easily claims 13th post

Well, at least it is not the Hera picture from the last thread.

vvv Nothing comes close to Thorinette and Noah vvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Apocalypse 5/15
Verdandi 2/15
L. Kali 0/5
Haku 1/5
Genbu 2/5
Urd ... Silly Norn red fruits are for Ronias.

Bonus points if you guess which mon is the one I really want to skill.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 23, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chewbot posted:

Three rolls on rem:

Arcline
MUSE
Delgado

gently caress, I think I should stop.

Edit: holy poo poo, got Creuse on the 5th roll.

Are you kidding me?

Ok, I've never tried rolling during a non-godfest, and I have accumulated quite a few stones. How bad could it be?

9 rolls. 3 gold. 3 wee jas.

Yeah, gently caress pad, and gently caress you all you luck-havers.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 23, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

slouch posted:

Why are people rolling REM outside of godfest right now? Is this carnival, like, super special or something?

Also, used the pal points from the stream event to do a ten pull on the Pal Egg Machine. Fingers crossed for angelit so I can uevo a l/l Ra even though I know the chances are super low. Didn't get what I wanted but figured y'all would like to see my results:

(sorry for the size)
This makes 4 devilits I've rolled and have no plans for.

In my case it's because I am an idiot. (First and last time I roll outside a godfest)

The carnival is *supposed* to have high rates for the armor knights, who rock. Specially Muse, who is among the top of the top subs.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Meh, lovely post. Disregard

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

I'd argue that Creuse is actually the weakest of the bunch, mainly because who the heck runs Dark Physical?

But other than that, yeah, I agree with your analysis.

Creuse will probably be good in the future, since GungHo apparently wants to make physical the secondary type for dark, just like blue is supposed to be physical plus healer dudes, green is balance plus attackers, light is healer plus something (?), and red is a mess that is supposed to be attackers then devils.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've had incredibly good luck with the Angelit drops and incredibly bad luck with the skill-ups. So, in short, yeah, gently caress you PAD.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

What's so good about these new knights?

They are better king slimes, with the exception of Muse, who is a better Izanagi. A blue/green mon that increases god damage is pretty much the best rainbow team offensive sub.

The Hebug posted:

Except there isn't one that boosts devils...yet.

That's Lu Bu.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FrickenMoron posted:

I just realized thanks to irc, while skillups for armor knights DO exist they're going to be the most cruel ones yet. They are invades (bad) drop unevolved (evoed on higher difficulty?) and require the same materials as chasers (worst!).

Urge to farm woodpy: rising.

Not only that, but if you are not careful they will kill your rear end in the dungeon. The red one, which is the one I'm farming, is actually more dangerous than the boss). 3m hp and hits for 28k damage when below 50% (14.5k plus change a color to jammers above it, every turn), so if you get the invade in the first floor you risk getting chumped quite easily, unless you're running a defensive team.

Edit: And (of course) the invade chance is crap.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 24, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I was checking the new angels, saw this moeblob

and, drat, U&Y users will be pleased.

Famiel (Now they are just making poo poo up, there aint no Famiel)
神水の聖歌
Effects: Change all orbs to Water, Wood & Light & Dark orbs.
Cool Down: 14 Turns ( 9 min )

In any case, these new angels actives seem custom made for something.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

Yup. The Dark one has a similar full-board convert skill - changes board to Fire, Water, Wood, and Dark orbs. Great for Durga players.

As for the others, the Light one randomly generates 4 Light orbs on a minimum 4-turn cooldown (very nice); the Green one randomly generates 3 Green & 3 Dark orbs on a minimum 5-turn cooldown (pretty nice); and the Red one converts Light orbs to Heal orbs on a minimum 5-turn cooldown (would be nice, except that she has 0 RCV).

The red/blue one (Rozuel) is supposed to unbind your Urd team, I guess. She's just weird.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

... Aaaand done. Had pretty decent luck with this one, too - went 5/13 on skillups.

So with that, I'm up to a total of 5 hypermaxed mons - Parvati, Artemis, Athena, Kirin, and L Kali.

Light Kali and Athena, you say? Well, I have something you might just be interested in. Invite sent. ;)

Yesss, you're moving from mono/heavy-green to rainbow. Welcome to the cool kids club.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So turns out farming Fagan is really easy when you have a broken Ronia team. Even crazier is I've gone like 3/3 on skill ups so Sakuya is SL4. I may need to use her more often. Maybe make her the third god I try to hypermax. Just wish I had a stronger sub selection for her.

The funny thing about Kirin is that, outside of the challenge dungeons, I have never really needed the 10-turn gravity. Of course, that made it worth the effort because, hey, free ~pii.

BTW, JP just got yet another challenge dungeon, the sixth one. Since it has also had two (I think) challenge descended events (which distribute twice as many ~piis and are actually easier) then it means that the JP players have received around five times as many challenge ~piis as the US ones. (plus the ones in the mail and the ~pii gift dungeons)

I wonder if the US players are actually spending a lot of stones chain-running the coin dungeons to get ~piis or if this is just another stupid US decision.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 25, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rangpur posted:

Are those both D/D Haku, or can you use D/R too?

Some people say that Haku has two ultimate evolutions. I don't know if I believe them.

DaveWoo posted:

Eh, seems like the usual "US is two months behind JP on dungeons" stuff to me.

I suspect we'll be seeing Challenge Dungeons Part 3 fairly soon, followed by the first set of Challenge Descendeds sometime in February.

Naaaah. JP has had one on every single event (minus one?) since they were introduced. It's just the US being stingy, as usual.

For instance, you know how the US gets 5x technicals every two godfests or so? Well JP gets them on every event and, this is the thing, they extend for 12 hours after the event ends (usually on Sundays) so that you can continue farming +eggs on the next Monday. JP and US have a very different approach to things.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 26, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

khy posted:

https://www.padherder.com/user/khy/teams/

I only have two teams, a main one and the one I use for tricolor dungeons. I don't have any good subs really which is part of my problem, I don't know which subs to go for. I want to evo my Isis since she hit max level but I haven't had much luck getting dub-lits to do so. I have the mask and rainbow keeper.

(Got both the luci's about 1 hour apart during the same godfest and AFAIK it was just a regular godfest, dunno what the chances of that are!)

Just take it easy and don't burn yourself out. As for the subs, Isis is not too demanding (besides the rainbow requirement) and you already have Echidna covering red so pick your favorite dark and green monsters and level those too (later you can farm a CuChu who covers both those colors). Or just pair-up with devil bastet and you're done.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

padijun posted:

re: this team, I'm thinking about swapping GZL out for thor, and I can't make up my mind:

https://www.padherder.com/user/padijun/teams/#110727

It's a green guy with two prongs that's 2x for attackers for 1 round, or a light guy with two rows and 1.5x for light for 3 rounds :shrug:

other sub possibilities include L/D venus (meh) or G/D ceres (ridiculous survivability). I want to keep apollo and verche on board because I am a terrible puzzler and need orb changes

e: I guess ganesha is also a contender as a light god with 2x prongs and a defensive skill... that's on a stupidly long timer

If all depend on the dungeon. If you need to do the highest possible damage on a single turn (one-shot a boss that will reck you with a bind or so) then go with GZL, otherwise you'll end doing more damage -spread over 2-3 turns- with Thor. GZL also lets you kill trash efficiently while saving light orbs, which is real useful.

Ganesha's gimmick is pretty powerful but there are very few descended dungeons where a) you can stall that long with Athena and b) you'll need his gimmick.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ironsolid posted:

Possible upcoming dungeon, Dark Knight Descended - http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1021

It looks like this dungeon would be fairly simple with my Ronia team, could anyone comment? - https://www.padherder.com/user/Ironsolid/teams/#106973

Looks like as Long as I make a massive stall on the first round after killing one of the Centaurs incase I can't kill floor 3 in 6 turns and then making sure I have a Ronia active for floor 3 around 30% I should be good. Am I missing anything here?

Seems like this guy would be a good sub for my Ronia team when I need more HP. I mean, come on, 5,000 HP at 99?

You need your guys main type to be either devil or physical so I'm pretty sure none of the monsters in that team will be able to enter.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zyla posted:

U SQ stats are out

Look at all that Skuld love!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

two_step posted:

I am basically at 97% for trifruits with Shiva/Ronia/Freyr/Gigas/Echidna/Shiva. First turn you match 3 reds to kill all the little seeds. Then you want to spend 2 turns killing the fruit, which usually means 3 reds and maybe one or two other combos. Feel free to pop Gigas if you need him, but you want to try to avoid using him if possible. Next floor if 2 or fewer plats are on a 1 turn timer then target one of them and make a 3 or 4 orb red match with a couple other combos. This should kill 2 or maybe 3 plants. Then kill the last plants. If you managed to stall enough on the first 2 floors, Echidna will be up, pop her and target the fruit, kill it and the flower. If you didn't stall enough for her, you can kill both flower and fruit with a red row, or hope she doesn't get bound by the tama. Once it is just you and the tama you make very careful matches on the top of the screen to avoid killing it until Ronia and Freyr are up (and hopefully Shiva too). Kill the tama, then for the final floor target the blue fruit, pop Freyr, Ronia and Shiva (if up) and make red rows. Even if you can only make 1 row plus some other reds you will usually kill everything but the blue, then you can pop gigas if he is up and make a row and kill off the blue fruit. If you make rows properly on the last floor everyone will be dead.

You can switch the Shiva friend with Minerva. Ronia->Minerva->Shiva is hilarious. In this way you can bring another orb changer (or whatever) instead of Freyr if you wish to.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tir McDohl posted:

You have zero reason to use a Minerva friend when you can just use another Shiva friend for that dungeon.

Minerva lets you change the whole field to red which is really drat good if your team doesn't have that many orb enhances or you're lazy. She also provides another fast orb change, if for whatever reason you need it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chewbot posted:

Would anyone mind giving me a quick run-down on which legend or mythical-level teams the Chinese girls make ideal subs?

Kirin's best as a leader, not many teams that I need a 20% gravity sub. Haku's the obvious one, great for a Pandora, Ronia or pretty much any dark-centric team, to be honest.

Interested in Leilan, Meimei and Karin as subs.

Just pay attention to the synergies between their skills. For instance, Haku is really good for Pandora, but so is Genbu, because she creates dark and green orbs (which Pandora can transform). Leilan light orbs can be changed to red by Chiyome, and so on.
Genbu is not helped by her ninja but there are a lot of monsters that can switch light<->dark so she goes well as an off-color sub or in light/green teams, which are quite powerful.

Then look at their typing, DD Haku is really good for Ronia for three reasons: she generates dark and red orbs, is a devil, and has two dark rows. You can find similar synergies for the other ones.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanine posted:

The Sonia Gran Descended data was off, at least partially: first stage is Hurricane Volcano Dragon. Second was Red/Blue El Dorado.

At time of posting, this Twitch is showing it live:
http://www.twitch.tv/verypower_momo

Goddamn, that team. X-Mas Sakuya is just so good.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

What, he didn't have it at +297 already? Scrub :smug:

Looks like he's at Red Sonia now. C'mon, man, pop the Valk, start from the Light orb in the bottom row, and you'll have an easy 6-combo.

Ronia is a better nick than Akasonia.

Anyways, max plays like a hundred times faster now but he still delays poo poo waaaaay to much to pad the show's time.

Edit: Well done. Get me prizes Max.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanine posted:

He didn't need to use that LKali on Gronia when he still had two turns left.

He is basically an entertainer and he does all kinds of dumb poo poo on purpose.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

You mean like how he just deliberately blew his first turn against Grand Sonia?

Or how he does smaller combos for no purpose (like, with Kirin, he sometimes leaves easy-to-match dark orbs for no reason). He's a way better player than me when he's being really serious but hey, he has to make it interesting. (I would get the 7 combo in that board so he has no excuse).

vvvv Yeah, you want to do that, clear all the darks and a set of greens to maximize your Kirin chances next turn.... so of course he leaves all dark on screen, ahaha.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 31, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nostrum posted:

Any suggestions for where to go with this box? I usually run D/D Haku, D/D Haku, D/B Loki, D/R Lucifer, D/D Yomi and then Ronia, Ronia, Loki, Lucifer, Haku. Trying to find a goal to shoot for and also what godfests I should be saving for.

https://www.padherder.com/user/SAnostrum/monsters

Those teams are fine. As for godfests, LuBu is the obvious prize, so wait for the (upcoming?) three kingdoms one.

If you want a new team, then work on that Dark Meta (you have three, holy poo poo! How do you get three without getting other special gods?), you can do all kinds of stuff with her.

Edit: Making a Kirin team is also a possibility.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 31, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

And he's saved by the damage enhance.

I'll be back in an hour or so to catch his next move.

Edit: Ooh, that Kali board could've gone better.

As long as he makes the 4-light orb match it should be fine but, yeah, he's pretty drat good at making combos that *wont* kill enemies but will leave them with low enough life so that they can be killed next.

Wow! He somehow suddenly got much better. :iiam:

(I hope my JP account gets a shitload of presents for this).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 31, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanine posted:

JP users get 5 stones and one of each Pi

Yessss, that's what I am talking about. JP version, best version.

Kenshiro is pretty nice.

Edit: I just realized that I am spending Friday night watching someone play PAD online, instead of -you know- being a cool guy and playing it myself.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Axetrain posted:

I had more than 40 stones saved up since I started playing, time to finally make some pulls on the ol' REM.

1st pull...

:wth::dance: The pull I wanted most! I almost don't want to pull anymore because It's downhill from here, I would like a Lu Bu though.

Having a decent(ish) chance at getting one of her best subs in the same godfest you got her is worth a try.

GungHo, please hire me. Thank you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Siochain posted:

Blue Knight, Muse (? maybe okayish don't have a use for him)

Ahahaha, okayish indeed. Maybe.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Got 2/4 skill-ups for my Nim in the JP version. So I guess in the end it was worth it to run that lovely Gyundo the gyudon dragon dungeon for a week. I could use red ~piis to finish her skill-ups but I cannot bring myself to use those critters on monsters who can be skilled otherwise.

tzirean posted:

Looking at my box to find uses for the things I rolled today since they aren't Lu Bu, and I realized I have a lot of poo poo in here that a) I don't remember why I kept it. or sometimes even where it came from, and b) I don't know if I'll ever need it. Mind telling me which of these aren't safe to sell/feed and what I should be doing with them? (I run Horus, Ronia or Athena usually). I suspect a bunch of these were for low-cost or gimmick teams I've forgotten about. Also, the basic dragons (Red Dragon, Blue Dragon, etc.). I think these were worth keeping for resist purposes at one point, still true?

Red: Drall; Fire Mechdragon, Betelgeuse; Scorched Land Dragon Knight, Himiko; Mystic Megalith Dragon, Baalbek; Flamedragon Muspelheim; BAO Firefly and Flamethrower; Berserker Z

Blue: Shardran; Kittyn and Mimmyna; Ice Golem; Fenrir Knight; Ice Mechdragon, Aldebaran; Mystic Mech Dragon, Antikythera; Plesiel; Ice Dragon Niflheim; BAO S.Grundy Reborn; Kraken; Water Insect Dragon, Deadjumper

Green: Brachy; Dragonette; Mandrake; Earth Golem; Wind Mechdragon, Canopus; Mystic Painting Dragon, Nazca; Amitan; Heavenly Wind Dragon Knight, Ishtar; Wood Sage Treant; Isle Dragon Yggdrasil

Light: GC CRAB; Mystic Crystal Dragon, CrystalSkull; Noble Mechdragon, Regulus; Light Golem; a second BAO Venom-Enhanced Bane; Ivory Dragon; Pixie; BAO Deathstroke

Dark: Mystic Astro Dragon, Nebradisk; Apple Drawn; Night Skydragon, Elysion; The Tenth Angel; Dark Golem Mk II; UFO; Purple Flower Dragon, Orchid; Cerberus; Annihilate Mechdragon, Hadar; Dark Samurai Dragon, Nobunaga; Dragon Samurai; BAO Joker

Check the dragons on PADX to see if you can merge them into some ultimate dragon (like with the flower or mech ones), maybe you could use one of those, otherwise get rid of their fat asses. Berseker Z is REM-only and pretty useful. The toy dragons (shardran) and "bad" dragons (ivory) have uses and so do the mythical beasts like Kraken. Finally, the monsters that have a skill that ignore defenses like the UFO or Venom can be useful too.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 1, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

heisenberg posted:

Question on the no-dupe dungeons - what are folks generally running? RoBu? Athena + Ult Valk?

Edit - Also, in preparation for Gaia tomorrow... Anyone done it before have suggestions on semi-workable teams? Anyone planning on running it tomorrow so that I can use your lead?

Horus/Isis plus Echidna and other assorted rainbow teams.

RoBu also works very well, as usual, but RoBeelz will let you take a hit so it's usually a better option.

DaveWoo posted:

You rolled 7 Gods in a row why the hell are you complaining :stare:

I checked his box and he has Sun Quan, Arcline, L. Kali, L.Meta, Some valks, LZL and :siren:x-mas Kirin:siren: so I see why would he want to make a healerdevil team with such bad luck.

Anyways, the good thing about the devil teams is that many can be farmed. He already has LuBu so making LuBu/Sonia teams should be easy.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 1, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, finally maxed Athena with a 3/6. The last feed got a Super and also pushed her level to 99 so she's now finished.

Pretty good results for a day's worth of stamina.

Edit: Didn't realize that there was a godfest in JP (for the old and new angels) Did a roll 'til not gold and got a GGY and Mitsuki. Pretty happy about it.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 2, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BGrifter posted:

We should probably chill out on the Ronia hype a little in this thread. We've got people pulling 4-5 of the best leaders in the entire game and complaining cause they didn't get a Ronia. :psyduck:

Sometimes they get way better leaders than Ronia but, to be frank, she's is really, really good and you don't need a shitload of effort to make her work, unlike many of the other AAA leaders.

I would trade all the Ronias and her sisters for a X-mas Kirin.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

earthdivine posted:

Speaking of X-mas Kirin, what are good subs for her? I'm running X-Kirin/God Valk/DQXQ/L.Meta/Sandoplahon with a L.Meta friend but I get orb screwed by the other three colours as I don't have an orb changer for those.

Her best sub is L.Kali, followed by L.Meta (to remove binds), and Sun Quan (Sandalphon is a good alternative for him). For green you can go with a Valk, Guan Yinping, or Kushi. But, in any case, you are not forced to use only healers so it may be worth it to bring someone like Apollo or Grodin to the party.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Gladu posted:

If we're talking about LZL, can someone explain why he isn't used/talked about as much as other leaders? Easy 4.5x + prongs/rows sounds really good.
Is it the subs pool?
Would a mix of blue/light healers be viable? Something like Sun Quan, I&I, DQ&XQ plus some other orbchanger like siren, or metatron agains binds.

He's really good an has a very good list of subs (since light is healer city) but, just like RGY and Blonia, which are excellent, he's pretty drat rare and whaley so not that many people own one plus his subs and are therefore not interested. Finally, there are some dungeons when he gets screwed hard with preemptive gravities and whatnot.

That light/blue team sounds pretty nice.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Eagle posted:

37.5x Devil burst here I come! Now I just have to hope that I don't get screwed by heart skyfall.

Huh? Normally the point of that dragon is to keep him as a sub for 99% of the dungeon, using a regular devil team and then, at the boss, you use LuBu and switch the dragon in to have as much burst as possible. If you don't one-shot the boss you'll be likely dead, skyfalls or not.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Battle Pigeon posted:

What are his ideal subs? I pulled him the other day, just after getting Athena.

The past two days or so were really good to me-two Takeminakata, +Karin, +knight Arcline, Nut, +Athena, +LZL, and +green Wee Jas. Only one of my Godfest pulls was an IAP too, not buying any more stones with the crazy EU price increase. Plus 2/2 skillups on the fairies I've been able to evolve and feed Pandora so far.

Well, healers tend to have lowish ATK and are not very big on rows so, in order to do heavy damage, you'll want to rely on prongs. L.Kali is an obvious damage dealer for him, L.Meta is a great defensive sub, Sun Quan is probably his best sub because not only does he enhance your damage but also lets you go back to 100% life (for similar reasons Echidna is good).

In any case, you want to have a team that deals good damage and can somehow go back to 100% life after a hit. Delays, Big Heals, Defense ups (Sandalphon, Kushinada), are all really valuable to both survive -since healers HP sucks- and keep your life up. A maxed LZL recovers 10k hp with his active so that should be enough for many places but you'll require extra help in others.

For a budget, non-REM team his best subs are probably Sandalphon, Echidna and Valk.

Lemonpieman posted:

For everybody except green odin and nebradisk. And maybe (?) http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1459 but I don't think anybody actually has him.

Actually I'm not sure if it's just for all full HP conditionals or damage reduction only leader skills or what. I'm kind of curious now. No fuckin' way I'm getting kotodama to find out, though.

Those leader skills (and stuff like Gigas' resolve) are checked when your team is being whacked, which is after you have already adjusted your HP due to poison or healing. So that's not an exception.

(Edit: Oh well, this was already answered -and in a much better way-)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 2, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, the JP lvl8 no-heart challenge dungeons keep getting harder. I barely managed to clear it this time after five tries or so. Lvl9 is -as usual- totally out of my league so I don't even try nowadays. Seems like the distribution is: 1-4: cakewalk. 5-7 normal-to-tough but fair. 8-10 hey guys! let the bullshit start.

GoodBee posted:

No one talks about Durga. Is she bad or just late to the game? Is her biggest flaw lacking an ult?

I pulled 2 a while back and there is no reason I would ever want to run 2. One is hanging out un-evo'd as an option for low-cost or no dupes.

It looks like Persephone is her best sub, same as Kirin & Apollo. I've played Kirin a bunch and it looks like she plays the same.

I can put together what looks like a decent team but I haven't tried it. (No Durga friends or a dungeon I want to run it in)

Dark Valk: mine isn't awoken, Ult evo'd or max skilled yet but none of those things are too hard to do. Chaos Dragon Knight might be better.

B/D Karin: awakenings are nice, active is not helpful. Nothing else I have is jumping out at me for blue.

GZL and/or Green Valk: Green Valk is pretty much the same as Dark Valk. I don't know how bad both would be. GZL only buffs himself.

I don't need to run this team. Just wondering what to looks out for. I also want to know if she's good as a sub

Seconding this. Artemis with a Freyja friend is super easy and fun to play. 4/2/2 (4 x ATK, 2 x HP, 2 x RCV) is solid and can clear a huge chunk of the game.

This is super good and a lot of flexibility for teams even if you never roll the REM again.

She's really good but right now strictly inferior to Kirin so there is not much talk about her. I'm pretty sure that things will change once she gets an ultimate evolution. The thing is that light color monsters tend to have more utility than dark ones (who have usually more damage-oriented actives) so Durga would normally make a much more offensive team than Kirin, who is mostly defensive and can take hits.

As for subs, she wants the same as Kirin: Persephone instead of Apollo, Voice instead of Verche and so on. There are not that many dark/green monsters (unlike the cavalcade of light/green dudes) so you usually want to go with something defensive to balance things out, like Grodin or Kushi although GZL or Ult-Hades do pack a punch. Blue has a lot of options but, just like Kirin, you may want to have a bind-remover in there (Isis probably, since L.Meta is unfortunately very off-color), Blodin or many of the other high-quality B or D/B monsters. Echidna or another delayer is also welcome.

As a sub she's good, a dark Izanagi that lowers your HP to one but who has better awakenings.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

If Durga got an ult that gave her literally 1 autoheal and nothing else she would take the spot of best 25x leader in the game imo

Nah, L.Kali and Kirin would still be better. Kirin has a more varied selection of subs and her teams tend to be beefy and have good rcv, with plenty of defensive options (the 25x takes care of the offense). L.Kali has her ridiculous active, packs a huge punch by herself and can use most of Kirin's subs. Durga is all about offense which works really well most of the time but some dungeons just cannot be cleared without taking a good pounding, from which she will have trouble recovering.

And then, of course, you have the big one: X-mas Kirin.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 3, 2015

• Locked thread