Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

two_step posted:

I think the post limit is now 2 Ronias. All you scrubs get out

2 Ronia-havers represent.

Also, don't you just hate when you decide you'll spend your last 50 stamina right before leveling up running the dark mechdragon dungeon with your Athena team and somehow forget that the devils bind light monsters? I even had light orbs to kill it with but thought I'd stall. It didn't work out.

Sigh. That's happened to me way more times than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Qylvaran posted:

Eight chasers to evolve, one skill up to go. All the materials except for keepers. This time I have your number, Genbu.

Bowl dragons would be so much more worthwhile if more of the non boss skill food dropped evolved. I have bunches of monsters that I wouldn't mind skilling up, but that I'm not going to put extra effort into.

I guess I can spend next week's stamina extracting stones and tamadra from coin dungeons. One awakening more for Byakko 2, then saving up for Venus and Pandora.

I hope you get that skill up. I fed six evolved chasers to genbu and didn't get a single skill up. Makes me mad as hell!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Man , gently caress this game. Fed 5 red fruits to my ronia and went 0/5. Then fed 3 evod chasers to genbu and went 0/3. I'm now 0/10 with genbu.

What a load.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

GoodBee posted:

Trifruits are Sonias right now on NA.

Yep. At least fruits aren't that hard to farm for me anymore. Still, very disappointing. I ran poring tower a couple times and got about 10 drops total that I fed to monsters for skills and only got one skill up. So today in total I'm about 1/18 for skill ups.

Also, I put my awoken minerva up if you want to use her GoodBee. My friend ID is 347,737,320.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

GoodBee posted:

I've been failing on the Hera-Sol Challenge Dungeon. It's always because I don't combo enough on Athena. I need to just pop ronia when I get her into the green and hope for a board I can set into enough combos or skyfalls for the kill. I have to stall on Hera anyway. Trying again.

I've had the exact same problem. I'm getting to the point where I can (semi) reliably get 5x combos and sometimes even 6x. HOWEVER when I actually need to do that, say, when I'm up against Athena in the Hera-Sowilo dungeon, I consistently fail and usually get Athena to somewhere around 40% then gently caress up and bring her back to full health. Then I sigh and admonish myself for being so poo poo at the game and use an orb solver to kill her.

Then I do the same thing on Sowilo except I gently caress it up and get her below 50% before using all my skills so then I have to do a 6x combo.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Battle Pigeon posted:

So is Antonio at least fun to watch or listen to? And the account he uses, is it his own personal account or a staff type account where he gets loads of free stones to play with?

I really like watching Antonio because he tries to explain his moves to a degree and he seems like a likeable guy in general. I find the streams quite entertaining and I'd really like it if he streamed more.

Lots of people seem to get really mad watching him though. This doesn't bother me because I don't actually mind watching people with various amounts of skills play games as long as they're entertaining, which I think Antonio is. If you're looking for someone of a specific high standard Antonio might not live up to it, but if you want to watch them do some fun dungeons, roll in a couple godfests and have a good time you'll enjoy the streams.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

trucutru posted:

Well, yes, I am being kinda unfair on him, since I am comparing his play with the JP dudes, who are just way better. He should totally switch to ability-based gods and drop the combo ones.

And I enjoy watching him and his stupid mistakes but watching those free stones fly away because he's having trouble with Horus in a no-rcv dungeons is annoying.

I really wonder how much of a show the whole thing is. Like, if Antonio wrecked every dungeon what would we get compared to if he struggled and had to stone? In the past they spelled out how it would work but this past stream they didn't tell us anything up front about awards and just said at the end that we'd get some tamadras. Despite his fuckups I really like watching him. I'm still learning how to become a combo lord like lots of you more experienced types so seeing another person struggle makes me not feel so hopeless. Antonio seems to do well most of the time, but he does fail spectacularly at times. I guess I find it endearing rather than annoying because I do the same thing. I think him and me are bad-pad bros.

I also like when they grab Mr. S and bring him in with his Kirin team. He does well but man does he ever get orb trolled at times. Makes me a bit wary to use kirin in anything that isn't a farming dungeon. Also Kirin makes my head hurt.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Nick Biped posted:

Oh, PAD, you never cease to amaze me. I feed Athena 8 times and get 0 skill-ups, which puts me at like 0 for a couple dozen or so. And then I go 1/3 on my Blue Sonia, putting me at 4/7 for her so far. Oh, and of course 1/1 for feeding one of my liu beis to another.

I mean, it's not that big of a deal so long as my partner Athena is at or almost max skilled, but it's almost funny now.

I hear you. I've gone 0/10 so far with Red Sonia, 1/5 with Athena, and 2/14 on Genbu. I hate the skill up system in this game so much.

Really, skill ups should be a percentage chance like they are right now, but for each failed skill up the percentage chance for a skill up on a subsequent attempt increases up to a point. So say, after ten failed feeds I'm guaranteed a skill up in the eleventh or something.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
My luck is poo poo. I rolled:

1. Evolved siren - a Gold + egg (why is this in the machine!)
2. Amon
3. Evolved Leviathan - ANOTHER Gold + egg (WHY!!)

I'm done. Also the leviathan and sirens are dupes and my first siren is max skilled.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone tell me they're having a great time farming Shadow Sprite for Pandora skill ups before I start slamming my head against it.

I've been "farming" it alright. Ran it about 5 times and got zero pirates and zero fairies. What a waste.

Do we have any reason to expect an increased drop rate before this dungeon goes away?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

6 runs 0 drops gently caress you fairies.

You know, I was gonna run this dungeon, but I've done it twice and had zero drops. Are the drop rates always this low in these types of dungeons? When I did the green chasers for Genbu at 2x they dropped almost every run. I guess what I'm asking is - is this the best shot we'll ever get at getting fairies to level up Pandora?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Uber Kosh posted:

You rang? (Only a few there atm. Add yourselves goons!)

Server: JP
Name: X13Fen SA
ID: 153 930 585
Lvl: 93
+???: 10
Skill/Awakenings: 2/Max

Server: NA
Name: SA Noodle
ID: 339,940,250
Lvl: Max
+???: 101
Skill/Awakenings: Max/Max

Name: yermaw SA
ID: 328406383
Lvl: 89
+???: 0

Just made mine - add me to the list please:

Name: vasler-SA
ID: 347,737,320
Lvl: 86
+???: 18

Edit: To clarify, this is a list of Crazed King Beelzebubs

Vasler fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 29, 2015

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Does anyone have an Awoken Minerva they could put up for me, please? I'd like to try Zhao Yun but none of my Awoken Minerva friends are up right now. Friend code is 347,737,320.

Edit: Tried it with Awoken Minerva and failed horribly on the first floor on Mythical. Oh well.

Vasler fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 2, 2015

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
The dungeon is super easy on Legend with Ronia/Beelz. Unfortunately it isn't as easy on Mythical. Though not surprising I'm disappointed I couldn't beat Mythical with Ronia/Beelz, Ronia/Ronia, or Minerva/Minerva.

Would Zhao Yun leading a team with a Restrained Dragon Hero, Liu Bei be something worth looking at? Seems like it would be pretty strong if I had another Zhao Yun leading, though I'm not sure what else I'd put on the team to round it out. Maybe Genbu, GZL, and Athena? Anyone tried this yet?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

I could reeeeeeally get behind it if the regular rate was 2 or 2.5 times what it normally is now, and the occasional event boosted it further; going 1/12 during a 2x event isn't hugely outside statistical expectations or anything, but it is goddamn demoralizing.

Completely agree. Out of all the things that would drive me to quit this game the skill up system is the top.

Edit: I've had pretty poo poo luck with skill ups in the past and every time I feed 12 dudes away and get no skill ups I just feel like deleting the game. Such a horrible system.

Vasler fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 9, 2015

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

McDragon posted:

Medjedra Legend wasn't too terrible. Couldn't do Mythical though. Still, got me a lasercat.

Oh man, this dungeon was hilarious on Legend. I went in with Ronia/Awoken Minerva/Ronia/Beelz/Lu Bu and a helper Beelz. I got 99 turn skill bound immediately and basically grinded through Isis, finishing her off with skyfall 2 turns after the 99 turn skill lock elapsed. Almost impossible to die unless you're Antonio, apparently. Then when I got to Medgedra he swapped Ronia for my Beelz sub. I wrecked his rear end.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Ned posted:

I'm kind of in the same boat but I need to go from no skillups to max. Will probably spend a few stones tomorrow to hopefully end up with 30 fairies.

God help you. I only have two skillups to go for my Pandora. I'm thinking I'll get as many fairies as I can, evo and feed them for no skillups, then try and get the badpy from challenge level 6, then wait for another badpy. The fairy dungeon sucks! I've had 2 drops in 8 runs now. At "2x".

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Rolled once today, really hoping for an Isis, Ra, or Horus.

I rolled a Toyceratops. Why is this thing still in the REM??

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

WCL posted:

I need people that leave up Awoken Minerva or Ult. Goemon, not having luck with getting people to add me on padx.

Don't need some crazy max stuff, just a bit of levels and the awakenings.

Sent you an invite as vasler-SA. I generally have hypermax ronia in my active, along with max skill Pandora. I rotated between max skill, max level Awoken Minerva, and Beelzebub.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with your color balance.

He's probably using Twilight or a similar program that reddens your screen when the sun goes down.

Went through legend sphinx with urd/kagu/minerva/ronia/dancing queen but didn't get a drop.

Any urd people - if you want a friend I run a level max, sl 2 urd with 45 plusses. Friend code is 347,737,320. Also run hypermax ronia and beelz leaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004

Spamtron7000 posted:

Vasler, whoever you are I hope you like PAL points. You're my new BFF. I need your Beelz all day and all night.

You've got it! Thanks for BFF'ing me!

• Locked thread