Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Iymarra posted:

Anyone able to throw an invite at any time on the AB server for YOGS?
Husband and I are most active on there.

Do you still need an invite? If no one is on in YOGS, send a tell to:

varsoon.margaritas or varsoon.sprout

You can also cross server add to friends list, so add those two to your friends list. I'll camp over and invite you.

Updated the rank names of dead celebrities (it's been a while!) and promoted people up who have been logging in the past month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got a note about being able to try out the Lore & Legends/Kael Drakkel server for free so I made a Defiler and hopped in. Gotta say, pretty overwhelming the amount of abilities I have. I do like that they give you a message when you first log in with your character that welcomes you to the server and tells you where to go to get started leveling. I guess the best thing to do is to watch some YouTube videos detailing rotations for any class I want to play because lol almost 6 full bars worth of abilities.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
I've been playing a wizard off and on since a couple years after launch and I have basically no idea what most of the buttons do. At one point years ago I sorted everything in my hotbar by damage and haven't touched it since.

I've experienced zero problems in solo or small group content.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was in my first group today for Kaladim, and I can confirm that you don't need to know what your abilities do lol. It was so chaotic and things died so quickly that sometimes I didn't even get a single ability off on a pull. 28 BST/28 Provisioner on Majdul. Char name is Symo if anyone else is on the server.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I am looking for anyone who has an account with RoK pre-order that would let me steal their "a Burynai Digger" /claim item on Varsoon.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I’m totally down the EQ rabbit hole. I never really played EQ2, so I was hoping someone could answer some questions for me

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Go for it. I only play on the TLE server, but I can give a try on any questions you have.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
is there a way to see ground spawns on the map? I'm using EQ2 Maps app and don't see an option

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
What do you mean by ground spawns? Harvesting nodes for raw materials? Shinys(collectables)? Not typically no. Harvesting nodes tend to be clustered in regions on a map so if you know where they are you can just look around. But there are items like the gnomish diving rods that will allow you to track, select and plot a waypoint to a node, harvesting node or shiny. But they have a reuse time and are single use consumables so it's kind of cumbersome.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Jade Star posted:

What do you mean by ground spawns? Harvesting nodes for raw materials? Shinys(collectables)? Not typically no. Harvesting nodes tend to be clustered in regions on a map so if you know where they are you can just look around. But there are items like the gnomish diving rods that will allow you to track, select and plot a waypoint to a node, harvesting node or shiny. But they have a reuse time and are single use consumables so it's kind of cumbersome.

I see. Thanks. I'm an 85 SK already and I'm having fun but the game has massive content bloat and its very, very confusing haha

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

is the hotbar bloat still a bit of an issue?

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

blatman posted:

is the hotbar bloat still a bit of an issue?

If you're just soloing or doing small group play you can ignore like 1/2 to 2/3 of your abilities. The hard part is figuring out which ones.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

last time (~3 years ago?) i played the only way to manage hotbar bloat on non-tle was to make smart macros

they've only made it worse over time, never combatted it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

everwake posted:

If you're just soloing or doing small group play you can ignore like 1/2 to 2/3 of your abilities. The hard part is figuring out which ones.

I have no idea, I press them all

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Honestly on my Wizard I filled the first hotbar with damage spells in order of damage. Whatever didn't fit after the first twelve buttons just doesn't go on a hot bar. My second hot bar is offensive cool downs on the left, defensive/utility cool downs on the right. The third hot bar has travel and/or cosmetic stuff on it.

If hotbar bloat is overwhelming you from playing then just ignore it. It'll be fine. Then take it more seriously when you're ready for it.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

That Little Demon posted:

is there a way to see ground spawns on the map? I'm using EQ2 Maps app and don't see an option

If you are playing on a live server, yes. One of the Tradeskill AAs will allow you to track collectibles and harvestables:

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Track_Harvestables

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Tsurupettan posted:

last time (~3 years ago?) i played the only way to manage hotbar bloat on non-tle was to make smart macros

they've only made it worse over time, never combatted it

when you say "smart macros" are you talking like eq1 style multibinds where you just keybind a dozen abilities to one keyboard key?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sarah posted:

If you are playing on a live server, yes. One of the Tradeskill AAs will allow you to track collectibles and harvestables:

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Track_Harvestables

Cool, I am. Thanks!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

blatman posted:

when you say "smart macros" are you talking like eq1 style multibinds where you just keybind a dozen abilities to one keyboard key?

yeah exactly. all i mean by smart in this case is just setting the macros up correctly format-wise and in terms of organizing abilities, and also never macroing actual critical skills you cant just get away with spamming

when i raided on my assassin in KA (peak button bloat thanks to loving ascensions) i had like 3 'filler' macros (single target, dots, AOEs), then special attacks i had to hit in response to procs were separate, as well as ascension abiliites and debuffs

two best practices ive seen for it are either:

sort all your skills in order of priority with HO opener at the end

sort your skills like

skill 1
skill 2
skill 3
skill 2
skill 1

in the macro

cause eq2 is weird and will try to queue up the first and last things in a macro every time it is pushed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

From what I recall, if you put /clearabilityqueue at the top of the macro and mash it, it will work the way you probably want it to. Ie it will just cast the top spell/ability below the command that is not on cooldown

So if all you ever want to do is cast the spell with the biggest damage that you can, you can play with one button more or less