Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Tsurupettan posted:

This post is for end-game stuff. Level 100 heroics, raids, and the things that make them doable. This will be gear, it will be suggestions on things you should get, and so on.

First up, let's talk stats. You fuckin' love numbers, right? I love numbers too! EQ2 has a lot of them!

Wowee! Look at all them numbers. I would write a long paragraph about what each means, but the tooltips in game are pretty clear. There are a few things to touch on though.

These numbers HARD CAP at 100%: Melee AE, Reuse, Recovery, Flurry, Accuracy, Strikethrough, Hate Mod.

Melee AE is a misnomer. It's AE autoattack period, whether it's melee or ranged.

Multiattack scales like garbage over 200. Most people get their basic needs with green adorns and then let bards give them any extra. Some classes convert MA into other stats through their Prestige tree.

In the current state of the game, EVERYONE wants some sort of stats for their damage output.

Tanks have to stack mitigation/block stats on all or almost all of their gear. You'd best get your hands on some green adorns that provide DPS stats. Look into Eye of Draazak if you have some money. Make friends with bards and coercers too. Starting off as a tank is hard in this expansion because there are players who do 5-10 million dps and don't give a poo poo if you can keep it off them or not.

Priests need to be healing and doing as much damage/debuffing as they can when outgoing damage is reasonable. People will yell at you for loving up healing, but not being poo poo at DPS as a priest. If you have time, hit the mob! Some healers are designed to do this and even heal for it (like inquisitors). The stats in the picture above are on my Channeler. I shoot my bow at things and I heal people.

Scout stats vary. I'm not going to write a lot here because sometime this month they're overhauling how combat arts work. Once they fix that I'll flesh this out.

I'm not super knowledgeable on mages and they all vary a lot right now based on their type. If someone around knows this stuff please tell me what to put here.

It's your custom UI that is making it say Melee AE, not AE auto attack, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Stonewalljack posted:

Is multiboxing a thing in this game? I've come to enjoy running duos in EQ like games such as SoD.

http://forums.ogregaming.com/index.php
http://eq2.ogregaming.com/wiki/index.php/NewUserWalkthrough:Page01

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

MrTheDevious posted:

:stare: The regular or "free" (:ssh:) version of ISBoxer also works fine if you want to 2box but not have one of them totally automated.

I don't think it would work well for me to have a tank and then 5 not automated idiots following me... :cheeky:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
EQ2is now setup to be a pain the rear end if you're starting back up after "downloading".

Run the launcher, then in the upper left where it says something like US Version, click that. Then click the box for Full Download. This will download the whole drat game instead of downloading as it goes along.

They did this to make it "easy" for people coming back or just getting into the game so they can load up FAST! :rolleyes: They don't realize what a pain in the rear end it is to stutter around.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
There is no cap for plat for F2P. Additionally, when a Krono is on the broker (game time you can buy for plat) there is no broker fee.

Which is good because it was hilarious in the past to try to buy a krono if you were not subbed. You'd have to have someone who was go to the house of the person and buy it for you to avoid broker fees. You couldn't do it yourself because you could search but were unable to buy anything.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
^^^
Ranger is easy mode and parses much higher than Swash if you want to be a part of a dick-waving DPS contest. Swash is like 2nd hand store DPS. It's a bit of a broken class at the moment.

For AoM, the classes people whine the most for in channel that they need to setup a group (in no particular order):

1. Bard
2. Chanter
3. Tank

DPS is easy to come by. Healers not so much, but you usually don't have a problem filling a group with 1 excellent or 2 decent healers. You can roll without a bard / chanter. A tank? No.

For the progression guild I understand they are full up on tanks. But if you're in the game for the long haul and you enjoy tanking, roll a tank. You'll have no problem getting a group.

As long as you're not one of those tank that thinks they are going to join a group as DPS. No, no no. Again, no. Despite how much any DPS tank wants to make it work, you will be shot down when asking. And the server will laugh at you if you advertise DPS looking for group and you're a tank.

Sarah fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 27, 2015

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
The house thing is just a visual bug from adding the save/load house permissions into the game.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

joshtothemaxx posted:

What are the best sites for AA advice and such now? Eq2flames seems pretty dead.

IMO the best thing to do and what I do is find out who is the cream of the crop for that class and stalk them on http://u.eq2wire.com/
Creep on the top raiding guild's main raiders: http://progress.eq-raiders.com/

If you know of someone who is good at their class and runs a lot of heroics or has a good raid set up, they may have a good heroic content AA set up too (or use the same for both). You can also see different gear set ups they have. My chanter is private right now, but if I had it open you could see I have two gear sets - raid and crafting. Since I no longer raid I've been picking up heroic pieces and will add a heroic gear set up.

Check out this ranger, Jacun: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/433792030091 He's got a main set, DPS set, and a tank set. The new hotness is making scouts tank this xpac in raid content :rolleyes:

A good way just by viewing online to get a good basis of how good someone is: how much do they care? Are they fully adorned with at least T10.5 greater adorns (superiors are hard to come by). Are they wearing purple war runes that make sense? For example: I don't care who you are, a chanter should be wearing purple adorns that benefit the group. Winds of Obol & Truespirit's Legacy before anything selfish (and as an added note, it's completely stupid to not wear them because they help the chanter out too). I've had many arguments with chanters who drop those two for stupid poo poo like personally increasing proc rates and AE Autoattack increase. Don't get me wrong, chanters can put a hurt on poo poo. But increasing the group's DPS increases your DPS as well (like a 19 million VC).

Raid gear is sweet but drat sometimes it's terrible for heroics. Like http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3340014680 Most heroic fights do not last long enough for this baby to really proc up and be worth it for the group.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Don't tell anyone, but you can send tells cross server and ask people questions and they can sometimes answer you!!!

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Ranger.

How to win at ranger:

Pick Crit bonus / potency gear. Poison auto consume on. Auto attack on.

AFK.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I tried out a ranger at 90 and it was incredibly rad, leveling one starting at one though... :catstare: About what level do they start picking up at?

No idea, just do what I do and take some idiot's account over that has a max level ranger and make it sexy.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Just kidding, you know I love you Bort.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Mr. Blackbort quit a while ago and left his account in my possession. I've been taking care of his poor ranger that was neglected. I think I also leveled up the SK, but haven't put any gear on it yet, still lacking the shards to trade in for a full set.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Sardikar posted:

That one of the robots I see standing around?

Sometimes I see heap of people in the guild roster and get all exited but then I realise its a multi-boxer, crushing my dreams... :smith:

Dreams are crushed no more, a few days ago I went back to my other guild to level it up.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I'm just hoping for higher ups who are smarter with .. well anything.

"So hey guys, our best sellers are Item Unattuners, research time reductions. Let's increase the price by ... hmmm 50% sounds good for the item unattuners, and hell let's do 145% for reserach! Nothing can go wrong with this! We'll make more money now off an item that doesn't exist in real life.

Wow, these players are really angry. Ok, let's just calm them down telling them that these items can also be acquired in game other ways (if you count LoN as in game and have good RNG) so that should work. Let's also sneak remove the research reductions from previous CoE grab bags, we really need them to use their SC on this one.

drat... no one is buying these unattuners anymore. :doh: Well... we can't go back on the price increase now."*

I know only about 2 people who pay SC to grandmaster stuff. The rest just complain they harvested for 3 hours a day for a week straight and didn't get the rare.

Honestly they are doing this Ancient spell crap the wrong way. You have to have Grandmaster scribed to have an Ancient. So since the items to make grandmasters are so rare to try to force people into paying for research reduction, why not make these ancients drop like candy? Something you can have but can't have. poo poo I'd pay to have my top spells/CA GM'd if they had an ancient. But good ol' Sony.

*Not an actual conversation. Just a fantasy in my mind. :3:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
There's a merc from ToV which might be claimable for you guys.. not sure if it is if you got ToV from buying AoM, but that guy is a Pally I think? Tears poo poo up and heals you. Saved my rear end a few times doing some solo stuff last xpac.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Last time I ran DoV raids, they still gave large amount of plat in the chest. Obviously not the same amount as current content, but a decent amount. Hell, you could probably solo most nameds in ToV x2 with AoM gear.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

DeathSandwich posted:

If all the old books are still there, there was one detailing the character's encounter with a couple of bears that's a pretty :gonk: read.

I put all the old goon books out on a table in the main room of the guild hall.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
If you think for a second I'd leave anything worth more than let's say 100p in a guild harvest depot you've lost your loving mind.

Edit: If you need new mats that badly you're thinking of taking them from an old, neglected guild hall that no one runs the havesters on, you're just way too smart for this game!

Sarah fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 7, 2015

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

joshtothemaxx posted:

What's the best DPS calculator now? I'm pretty sure my merc is doing at least twice as much damage as I am.

http://advancedcombattracker.com/

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Or it could be great for us. Get someone new and hungry in there.

Let's get someone new in that won't forget about scout and brawler weapons for 2 expansions and act like that was intended.

Yeah, keep using that toe slasher from PK for a few years.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
It's a fine morning for a ddos attack!

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Givin posted:

The druid ring NPC in the YOGS guild hall refuses to open portals.

That happens to me in a lot of guild halls, druid / wizard makes the motions but portals don't open. :(

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Goblin posted:

Awesome, I did sell a few duplicate masters recently so I splurged and bought some mastercrafted stuff to bring my resists over 130k and my HP w/ food/drink to 581k (the eq2u profile is up to date I think) but am holding off on any more until I hear what ya think.

Oh and thank you for the stat cap write-up in the OP, I spent a while combing through mostly out of date information trying to figure out what current caps are (especially now a mage's ranged weapon does appreciable damage, what a surprise that was to find out). Then I happened to remember a part of the OP mentioning stats and there it all was!

I kept wondering why I'd get cloth armor rewards with DPS and Attack Speed stats and initially just wrote it off as auto-vendor loot :cry:

If you're talking about getting gear with wrong stats that you're not after from the signature quest, you can buy the piece you want from a merchant in Phantom Seas if you've done the quest that rewards that item. I'm not talking about trading in shards for melting down gear, there is a whole set of 'quest only' stuff.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I'll change the box to friend. There shouldn't be anything worth stealing in there like Inner Sanctum :homebrew: shinies.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Ok, set the collections box so friends can withdrawl. I took the lore shinies out from ToV status collection (you need a buttload of status to buy the item to see the shinies). They were fairly expensive on the broker and they took quite a bit of time to collect. If you're really into house items, specifically large rear end dragons, we can discuss giving them to you to add to you collection, but not sell.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Scout changes are coming as well, no more relying on stacked WDB from gear and group jewels. CA going to be increased, and while they didn't say it because I know they don't want rage, WDB is going to be nerf'd/capped. Sorry my poor Coercer, back to poo poo town for you.

Sarah fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 19, 2015

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Well this is lame. I wanted to get my hands on some new brawler fists.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
On AB, join the chat channel RPLFG

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Inqs can pump out some really nice DPS along with healing.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I tank on a bruiser. Playing a leather tank is like playing eq2 in hard mode all the time.

This xpac its very important before you get fully geared to realize there are what the devs call 'tank busters'. You have to cycle your temps properly to survive. The tank busters were made so that if you don't have something up, you'll die.

The benefit of having control over the tank + healers is that when I know I don't have something up, I don't have to ask, I just put up whatever I need (spirit tap, cyclone, etc). A normal player has to ask the healer for something and that's when it gets messy.

It really does get much easier after you are geared. Most of the time I don't use temps at all for the easier zones.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
It's the 340-350 that is ridiculous. On most characters I just stop at 341 and I get the last 10 when I get them.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
LADs are meant for groups.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Terminal posted:

Is there a huge difference between an SK merc and the 10-yr veterans Paladin? I've been using the Pal as my only merc so far and other than accidentally pulling 8+ mobs in a heroic it's been fine. Also not sure where I can find an SK for hire as good-aligned.

Not all mercenaries are in all cities. For example you're not going to find a Mystic in an evil city because all mystics are good. If the Mystic was in Qeynos (which it is not, it's in New Halas but just as an example) and you really wanted the Mystic you would have to sneak in and get it. There would be no Mystic in Freeport. Just like you would not find a Brigand in Qeynos.

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_%28EQ2%29

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Well, looks like the campaign launch today is a gently caress up as usual. Not a good day to do website maintenance so no one can buy it...

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

joshtothemaxx posted:

If you catch me online just send me a tell. Not a problem. Name is woowoowoowoowoo.

Spotted in LFG actually looking for a group. Very un goon-like. Going to have to demote you.

Goons are supposed to stay in the guild hall no more than 5 meters from the broker.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Tyshalob posted:

So what are my options of I want to do melee, but don't want to dick around with the Scout positional nonsense? Is it just the tanks?

Coercer?

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Oh yeah, Inq is another good melee non tank/scout too.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Tsurupettan posted:

Beastlords are bad. Channelers are weird and have some loving awful bugs but they're good otherwise. Mercs are good for soloing. Reforging is a requirement for end-game content. AoM gets you all of the PLAYABLE content.

If you want to do high-end stuff, buy AoM and reforging. If you want to also solo while leveling, buy Mercs too.

Small correction. AoM does not get you all of the playable content.

A new campaign was just released that is not included in AoM. But, you can buy the two in a bundle for cheaper than if you later wanted Rum Cellar. It's not required to buy, but personally I am really enjoying Rum Cellar and I like the zones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Calbiyum posted:

I pretty much just let me sub run out because of rum cellar. Adventure packs used to be like ~$5 and now they are charging $15 for a single zone? gfyyyy

You bought it and you didn't think it was worth $15 or you just let it run out because you disagreed with the price? I bought a few of them for plat. It doesn't seem like a ton of content if you don't raid, but I have enjoyed it so far. I'm weirdly into fashion in EQ2, so the pirate outfits are amazing to me.

And since Bort's ranger wasn't there, here he is in his pirate glory: