Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Xaris posted:

actually you should like bros. every goon wishes they were one
um, i don't. i'm a rock and roller, the complete antithesis of a bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the purest bro i knew in school spent all evening lying to security after his friend got drunk, called a black student a friend of the family and threatened to shoot him. it takes character to stand up for your friends like that.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
pretty sure the whole thing bro thing died out about five years ago.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
bro checking in. ama

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

fanged wang posted:

bro checking in. ama

you want to toss some football bro?

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Gaunab posted:

you want to toss some football bro?

cant bro i got this thing w/ my girl

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Count Freebasie posted:

Take off your Warby-Parkers and face reality, son. Those hot chicks will turn into the hot moms that are working out at the gym and trying to keep themselves looking tight. Hipster girls manage to do one thing at best: stay thin, but normally looking like Shelly Duvall from "The Shining."

BTW, I'm in my 30s, so I speak from experience.

Only a tiny amount, most sorority type girls got fat as hell as soon as they got married and popped a baby.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Cyril Sneer posted:

pretty sure the whole thing bro thing died out about five years ago.

Bros still exist, they just don't have Justin Bieber haircuts anymore like in the early 2000s. You can still catch one in the wild if you have a spare growler for a trap.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the best bro is rob gronkowski

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I live in SoCal

I can confirm bros are the worst

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Here's an example of a brodozer, courtesy of two streets over:

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Calm the gently caress down with all the rape stuff, OP. drat.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's not rape if they're dead

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

naem posted:

I found myself to be the bro among nerdy hipster counter culture kids and the nerdy, hipster counter culture kid among bros

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Armchair Calvinist posted:

I honestly wish I had that thing. Like it's not my dream car, I don't even like pick-up trucks, but I would love to drive that fucker around town.

naem posted:

I found myself to be the bro among nerdy hipster counter culture kids and the nerdy, hipster counter culture kid among bros
Just be yourself... bro.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Some of the nicest guys I've known were überbros. Like just hang out with them and be chill and party

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bishop posted:

Some of the nicest guys I've known were überbros. Like just hang out with them and be chill and party

Thats true. That's all a bro wants to do - chill and party.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
the biggest threat to bros are other bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Armchair Calvinist posted:

con and firmed lifted trucks are very bro

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
do u think there are any actual goon bros?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

GiP might as well be called Bro Corral

naem
May 29, 2011

Bro : Nerd : Hipster

Fighter : Wizard : Rogue?

Discuss

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cyril Sneer posted:

do u think there are any actual goon bros?

lowtax is a bro

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

naem posted:

Discuss

Rogue, Bard

They get a roll to know something about anything and are mostly just loud mouthed braggarts

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

naem posted:

Discuss

Wow. It all makes sense now.

naem
May 29, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Rogue, Bard

They get a roll to know something about anything and are mostly just loud mouthed braggarts

Yes but pick pockets, disarm traps, hide in shadows, climbing- high high charisma and barter skills- they can make or break a campaign

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

Wow, you totally missed an opportunity for a "Brontam Menace" joke

what?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

naem posted:

Yes but pick pockets, disarm traps, hide in shadows, climbing- high high charisma and barter skills- they can make or break a campaign

Wait, are you using this as an argument for or against them being bards?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

naem posted:

Discuss

shut up nerd

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

naem posted:

what does that have to do with hipsters? you started from an incredibly weak premise and now it's just nonsense

naem
May 29, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

Wait, are you using this as an argument for or against them being bards?

All I know is my boy Kev? He talked us past the bouncer and we got backstage WITH THE BAND and we had girls all over us, it was unreal bro

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

naem posted:

All I know is my boy Kev? He talked us past the bouncer and we got backstage WITH THE BAND and we had girls all over us, it was unreal bro

I do not believe any part of that story

naem
May 29, 2011

*hides in shadows*

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

naem posted:

Bards have a crippling weakness for wanting everyone to like them. I'm taking your comment as thus.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
how come when something unexpected occurs, bro's say "Um, YEAH....THAT just happened!"

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
What are we calling late teens/early 20-somethings now? That are they doing wrong? Oh, everything?

Remember slackers?

naem posted:

Discuss

This is very wise.

Girl : Cleric

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I read a study that said 12 out of every 7 women will be raped at least once in her life by bros.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Bros are great. They lift and drink and do all the fun poo poo that loser nerds don't do.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
To be honest I think I would rather hang out with bros than awkward nerds, and I'm not super into sports. They can keep a conversation going more more than 5 minutes at a time, and I have no problem talking about sports, excessive drinking, and doing dumb poo poo while intoxicated. Also, all the bros I know down here like 90's rap, so at least we get the good tunes rather than some indie bullshit. They would probably be more willing to go in on a 12 pack of 211 with me over some craft beer nonsense.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

BOY EAT A rear end OUT posted:

bros are the worst thing to happen to this world

what is a bro you ask? imagine the most basic bitch you can possible imagine. then imagine she's a man and she rapes people. that's a bro.

bros like call of duty, sports, tank tops, preworkout supplements, coachella, and rape.

bros in their natural habitat of coachella

over 80% of rapes on college campuses are comitted by bros. [1]. not only are they rapists of women, they are rapists of culture, due to their terrible tastes in music, movies, fashion, video games, etc.

the reason most bros rape is that they are secretely gay, and they are trying to force themselves to be straight by forcing a woman to have sex with them. [2]. the other not gay bros rape because of rape culture.[3]

bros playing sports, probably before comitting a rape

so what can you do to stop this menance?
first of all, do not engage in any bro activities. doing activities like sports, going to the gym,or listening to EDM not only normalizes these behaviors, but it makes you more likely to rape.
second, if you see a bro, mock him. not to his face, because he may use violence on you and/or rape you. but if you make fun of him with people around you, you create a culture of bro shame that combats rape culture.
third, if you see a bro talking to a woman, intervene immediately. step in between them and loudly say "you will not rape this woman" repeatedly until the bro leaves. this may seem extreme but desprate times call for desprate measures.

thank you for reading. lets get rid of bros once and for all.

urge to rape rising

• Locked thread